The Soul-GLO Experience

Discussion in 'The Hype Archives' started by Lightning Strykez!, May 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amazingdm Registered

well all right
    none of them look like black
    the sister was half white for christs sakes and so was the mother's replacement

2. RskimB Registered

Never been a much of a pop/r&b fan but the Robin Thicke is bit better, though in all honesty i listen to even less male r&b.

This is completely unrelated but some of you indie rock fans might want to check this group out. http://www.myspace.com/thecarps

Its hard to categorize their sound but I go crazy everytime I listen, its a two person band Jahmal Tonge on the drums/vocals and Neil White on bass.

http://www.myspace.com/thecarps

3. Blackmouf2002 Registered

This is a hard one. The Cosby was a great example of black people in society and how the model black family should be but Fresh Prince was more of the show for me. Fresh Prince had great messages within its comic flavor like when Carlton and Will had a bet that Carlton could survive in the hood.

FRESH PRINCE FOR ME!

4. ComicChick I Work Too Much

hattie mcdaniel was the first black actor to win an oscar, best supporting actress in Gone With the Wind.

5. Eros Registered

Hello you crazy cats!

6. T'Jai eclectic threadkiller

many different shades my man... many different shades :cwink:

7. Goddessreicho Registered

Allo all, just got the uh...notice about all o' this. Well its cool. Now I where I can premiere my art, and possible my graphic novel.

I've been working on drow with an urban style, and fusion fantasy art. Can't wait to show ya'll.

8. dr venture Registered

Can't wait to see it

9. RedIsNotBlue Agree to disagree

I am white. Hello.

10. RskimB Registered

11. Mr Jide Registered

Fresh Prince is superior to the cosbys on every level....has better replay value and for some reason never gets old. The acting, the jokes and the underlying moral messages are spot on.

That episode where Carlton and Will trick Jeffery into thinking he's won the lottery is an all time classic...lol.

12. amazingdm Registered

:oldrazz:
    nah I know they're black but the tv producers have this stupid trend of making the lighting so they look white.. guess they don't think america handle families that are "too black" :rolleyes:

13. Sloth7d Escapist

Well, I actually think the cosby shows moral lessons are better, but fresh prince is funnier which makes it superior in my head. Sorry Mr.Cosby.

14. RskimB Registered

I've seen so much Fresh Prince as young'n I cant stand to watch that show anymore. Still catch Cosby occasionally on Nick @ Nite though.

15. Mr Jide Registered

The Cosby show was too clean-cut, instead of focusing on how black families realy are, they opted to "sort out" blaxploitation by showing the world how they thought black families should be percieved....FP handled this very well i the sense that they were more real, identifiable and told it how it was. Don't get me wrong, the cosbys was a great show and did a lot to fend off negative perception of black people but....there was so mch more missing.

16. Sloth7d Escapist

Y'know there are a good amount of black families like the cosbys, even though the majority aren't.

17. Assassin Detroit's Reckoning

So how about them African Canadians ay?

18. Hunter Rider Ronin

I thought it has some decent tracks on it,not at the level of the Black album or The Blueprint but better than a lot of stuff ive heard lately in the genre[/quote]

I know it's all opinion but for me JT's album was full of great instant tracks with catchy melodies and good stories,his song "losing my way" is amazing
    Thickie on the other hand was full of slow sex songs that all felt like they were gonna send me to sleep

19. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Some Hip Hop I am Loving lately is Plastic Little
    www.myspace.com/plasticlittlerap

These guys are what I like about Rap music. They are funny and don't take themselves seriously and Rap over stuff like The Cure and The Smiths While Rapping about Harry Potter. Their Album also has some otther rappers I like on there such as MF Doom, Ghostface Killah and Spank Rock.

Music Video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyZNEMP-slQ

Album Review
    http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/record_review/40012/Plastic_Little_Shes_Mature

20. Manic User title? USER TITLE?!

I'm liking Lupe Fiasco's style, these days. He won me over when the first verse to one of his songs was about piloting a giant robot.

21. Incrediblejeff Still Incredible

I actually own one of these.:woot: lol

22. blksuperman2 Deadly Akuma

Quick google search

For most Oscar-winning actors, their night of glory is a complete blur. Not so for Denzel Washington, who picked up a gold statue in 1990 for his role as a runaway slave-turned-soldier in Glory. "I just remember the look on my mother's face," recalls the 47-year-old, whose mom, Lynne Washington, was seated in the audience. "She couldn't believe it."

Here's the link http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/I...posting={B448DC16-7343-4814-941A-E66A2E5CB266}

Glory was the first movie I ever saw w/ Denzel in, I always thought it was strange how people complained about him not winning an Oscar. I'd be like he already has one, and people would just look at me like I was stupid.:o

23. Neptune Uchiha

Ok so i got a question. Exactly how did Lightning that i am black? Are you stalking me?

24. Lightning Strykez! Former Mod On Pension Pay

Not I. I...hated that show. Something about Keenan's fat ass just annoyed me. :csad:

25. Sloth7d Escapist

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT?!!!!!!!
    Kenan and Kel owned!!! I don't know you anymore Lightning Strykes. And considering that I never knew you in the first place that puts my brain in some conundrum that I can't begin to comprehend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.