The Soul-GLO Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
How has my white woman logged in more posts in this thread than me?

damn, y'all take everything!

cast_lisa.jpg

MMMMMM-HMMMMMMMM

Come visit Lisa Mowry's Shopping Cart.

I watched far too much Sister Sister. But Ray was awesome.

I was a huge Sister, Sister addict :woot:

How has my white woman logged in more posts in this thread than me?

damn, y'all take everything!

No, you're just slow dear.

My friend looks like Tia/Tamara. Loved off Sister Sister, 'go home Roger'.

LOL, Why is this called the Soul-Glo lounge?? Delta Quadrant at least played to my Star Trek geekness.:o

The "Delta Quadrant" is still an appropos nickname. I've updated the first post with new graphics and verbiage to clarify matters. Besides, I'm the Moderator of all things Soul-GLO, so...:hyper:

BTW, I am a HUGE Trekkie...non bigger than me methinks. Although ironically enough I think DS9 (which was led by the franchise's first black captain) was the weakest of the series. :csad:

ATP said:
Whoa, yay for this thread!

You inspired me to change it! :heart:

I loved that show. It's in syndication on BET all the time and it's so much fun to go back and rewatch those episodes. My wife hadn't seen them before so it's double-fun to watch them with her. We get to laughing so hard we're in tears.

jag
Homey the Clown and Fire Marshall Bill were always my favorites.

Heads Up:

Let's try to avoid using the term "trigger" in this thread. Not everyone here is a man or woman of color and we need to be cognascent of not offending our peers.

*sigh*

I can't be the only Robin Thicke fan who thinks "Lost Without U" is overrated. "2 The Sky" is the best damn song on the album.

*sigh*

I can't be the only Robin Thicke fan who thinks "Lost Without U" is overrated. "2 The Sky" is the best damn song on the album.

I still can't get over the fact that his dad is the dad from Growing Pains.

BTW, I am a HUGE Trekkie...non bigger than me methinks. Although ironically enough I think DS9 (which was led by the franchise's first black captain) was the weakest of the series. :csad:

I actually thought that it was the most original because of it's location and the fact that it was the first that didn't center around a starship. I see it weaker than TNG only because of that Emissary nonesense.

Voyager to me was just too boring. I could care less about any of the characters.

^That's just one of this things that can boggle anyones mind, I can't get over how fine Rudy Huxtable got.

The "Delta Quadrant" is still an appropos nickname. I've updated the first post with new graphics and verbiage to clarify matters. Besides, I'm the Moderator of all things Soul-GLO, so...:hyper:

You inspired me to change it! :heart:

I don't know, I love me some ST, but I agree with you about DS9. It did get better at the end, especially when Sisko was given a Starship (allbeit a baby starship.)

I actually thought that it was the most original because of it's location and the fact that it was the first that didn't center around a starship. I see it weaker than TNG only because of that Emissary nonesense.

Voyager to me was just too boring. I could care less about any of the characters.

Agreed on all counts actually. I forgot about Voyager which I admit was tepid compared to DS9. I couldn't stand Janeway's nasal voice. And a Black Vulcan? Tuvok was :down: for me too.

One of the reasons I disliked DS9 though wasn't because of Avery Brooks--I was glad to see an African-American captain at the helm. The wormhole concept was boring to me....and Nana Visitor's ("Kira) flat, flabby ash in tight jumpsuits made me throw up a little in my mouth sometimes. :csad:

I'd like to thank the Evar-Amazing Brutal for this graphic! I'm updating the front page with it now...

Soul-Glo-Lounge.gif

Let it be known that Brutal is the most favored one of Lightning (he makes my face pret-taaaaaay--see my avatar?), and I will destroy anyone that comes near him! :cmad::up:

Heads Up:

Let's try to avoid using the term "trigger" in this thread. Not everyone here is a man or woman of color and we need to be cognascent of not offending our peers.

Here here. My fellow African-Americans, we cannot expect others to respect us until we begin respecting ourselves.

I know it may make others laugh when we use the N word but they aren't laughing with us...

Lets start loving ourselves and stop the hating on each other.

Peace

Raybia

Holy bad place... I have Modmatic Immunity... :o

Am I the only person alive who liked Voyager. Can't be. The show was on for five seasons.

I don't know, I found myself more impressed that finally a woman was at the helm of a starship than a man of color. But in retrospect both captains had far different and more difficult circumstances in which to captain in. So it's hard to judge on that alone.

But know that I think about it, why was it that the woman's ship got lost out in the uncharted Delta Quadrant....so not fair!

Lightning Strykez said:
I will destroy anyone that comes near him!

What if we're coming near to hug him? :(

Soul-Glo Lounge is a great name, btw.

I will try to do this everyday but I highly encourage others to assist me in this new feature of this thread.

cd.gif

History was made on this day May 03

1845 Macon B. Allen becomes the first Black formally admitted to the Bar at Worchester, MA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macon_allen

1898 Civil Rights activist and educator Septima Clark is born in Charleston, SC. She will receive the Living Legacy Award from President Jimmy Carter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Septima_Poinsette_Clark

1921 Middleweight boxing champion "Sugar" Ray Robinson, noted for his lightning speed and power and described as sweet as sugar for his graceful movement, is born Detroit, MI. He will be the World Welterweight Champion from 1946-1951and World Middleweight Champion from 1951-1960.

1924 Patricia Harris, who will become secretary of HUD, is born in Mattoon, IL.

1963 Birmingham police chief Bull Connor uses his police, police dogs, and high-pressured water hoses in a violent incident against Civil Rights demonstrators.

1964 Frederick O'Neal becomes the first Black president of Actors' Equity Association

But know that I think about it, why was it that the woman's ship got lost out in the uncharted Delta Quadrant....so not fair!

I'd say something smart here but Honey, Vibeke and ATP would probably kick my ash. :csad:

So I'll just say...convenient plot device? :confused:

I don't know, I love me some ST, but I agree with you about DS9. It did get better at the end, especially when Sisko was given a Starship (allbeit a baby starship.)

LOL, The Defiant was a tough Little ship. I didn't really understand how it was able to withstand so much punishment. Whatever hull plating they put on it.

Agreed on all counts actually. I forgot about Voyager which I admit was tepid compared to DS9. I couldn't stand Janeway's nasal voice. And a Black Vulcan? Tuvok was :down: for me too.

One of the reasons I disliked DS9 though wasn't because of Avery Brooks--I was glad to see an African-American captain at the helm. The wormhole concept was boring to me....and Nana Visitor's ("Kira) flat, flabby ash in tight jumpsuits made me throw up a little in my mouth sometimes. :csad:

I could never get w/ the Black Vulcan. They could have at least straightened that cats hair. He always had that nappy baby 'fro too.

LOL @ the flabby ash comment.:woot:

Maybe I'm unfair to Star Trek, but I can't get past 5 to 10 minutes of it. And the clips with all the scientific babble they mutter off that I've seen don't leave me with desire to go back and give it a better chance.

Maybe I'm unfair to Star Trek, but I can't get past 5 to 10 minutes of it. And the clips with all the scientific babble they mutter off that I've seen don't leave me with desire to go back and give it a better chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"