Homecoming The Spider-Man Skepticism Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark-Kent

I don't need glasses
Reaction score
What areas do you think may be of potential concern to you or other fans of the new film?

You going to create a skepticism thread for every character in existence?

That they reuse villains we've already seen before right from the get-go.

I don't want to see a Green Goblin until after a third film at the very least.

That they reuse villains we've already seen before right from the get-go.

I don't want to see a Green Goblin until after a third film at the very least.

yeah, they have to be very careful about re-using villains right now. the only villain I know I want again is Doc Ock, but it has to be completely different story from SM2. Lizard is a big maybe, it could work if they make Lizard more beastly and that there's another villain to give some meat to the plot.

Also, I don't want Gwen to die again, in any way. Yes TASM2 didn't give it justice. But too bad, they can't just recycle the plot for the hard core Spider-man fans that have to see it done perfectly. The Spider-man movie franchise already has a reputation for being really repetitive. I don't even know if I want to see Goblin at all

I don't have any real concerns yet. Since everything holland, wstts, feigr, and even the writers they all seem to have a hood handle on the core aspects to peter and spidey. Plus we already see marvel has a vision and plan for the character. Where sony had no real clue what to do with him.

The only thing we know about this movie is that it's in the MCU and 2 characters have been cast. It's too early to be concerned about anything.

That they're going to make him into Deadpool like they did in Ultimate. Please god don't.

Watts is reminding me of Webb who basically turned out to be a studio puppet, both only had 1 movie under their belt, both directed a music video, both were relativily young.

And then there's the Vacation writters who've already failed horribly in making a John Hughes-spirited film.

I hope Marvel/Feige can pull this off because otherwise, it's bye bye for Peter Parker Spidey on film for a LONG time

Watts is reminding me of Webb who basically turned out to be a studio puppet, both only had 1 movie under their belt, both directed a music video, both were relativily young.

And then there's the Vacation writters who've already failed horribly in making a John Hughes-spirited film.

I hope Marvel/Feige can pull this off because otherwise, it's bye bye for Peter Parker Spidey on film for a LONG time

Those are actually my concerns as well, harry...

Humor is what I am not worried with marvel on this.seesh again the writers are not really the issue as we know they may not even be the final creditedbguys. And again there past films where geared towards adult and crude humor stuff. Then what spidey or the rest of the mcu films. As for watts come on just cause he only done one film and some music vids are not a total valid reason to say he will suck. Look at all the different types of writers and directors marvel have gone with.

Humor is what I am not worried with marvel on this.seesh again the writers are not really the issue as we know they may not even be the final creditedbguys. And again there past films where geared towards adult and crude humor stuff. Then what spidey or the rest of the mcu films. As for watts come on just cause he only done one film and some music vids are not a total valid reason to say he will suck. Look at all the different types of writers and directors marvel have gone with.

There's humor and then there's humor. See IM3 and Thor2 for some bad examples.

I agree that with the writers, they may not be the ones to complete the 'final draft' but...they are currently the only writers attached to this project. And, as far as we know, they aren't very good writers. What have they done?? Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs? Vacation? Eww. I get that Feige sees some talent here, possibly, and that everyone who has a breakout performance, directing/producing/writing credit or whatever has to GET that one chance to make something of themselves. It could happen here with this writing duo, like a snake waiting in the grass--this could be their moment. However the concerns surrounding these writers is legitimate. They have nothing in their name(s) to prove they are capable of handling this task of writing what, imo, needs to be a stellar Spidey movie. And honestly, if Feige's name wasn't attached to this film and it was something that was being produced by the likes of Sony with Arad/Tolmach heading the project, people/fans would be up-in-arms over these choices. Cause we know how their films have turned out relying on underdeveloped choices with no background of real, consistent success.

The only reason I have a degree of faith in the choices made so far concerning the writers and director for that matter, though less concern, by a hair, with Watts based on his Cop Car movie, is that Feige is involved. Without Feige, my arms are in the air cause "here we go again."

Webhead2006, you are consistently positive about almost everything that is anything Spidey related and....that's great. I can dig it. Despite Marvel and Feige's success with 'unknowns' there's still enough validity to be concerned about the choices made thus far. Especially considering how much is riding on this production. There hasn't been a well-made Spidey film since 2004. Say what you will, Spidey is in a cinematic hole.

I really like the direction theyre going with compared to the past Spider-Man films. Nothing to be skeptical really. Also we don't have many things to be concerned about.

Well I try to be positive and sure they could screw up. But from all we heard from everyone they all get the core elements for spidey. So I hope it will turn out good. And I haven't been out right disapointed with mcu yet. And I rather try to be positive then doom and gloom at every moment. When we have so little to go by.

Seeing this again:
tumblr_n5b97zxjUi1qeekseo1_500.gif

Well I try to be positive and sure they could screw up. But from all we heard from everyone they all get the core elements for spidey. So I hope it will turn out good. And I haven't been out right disapointed with mcu yet. And I rather try to be positive then doom and gloom at every moment. When we have so little to go by.

the director is not a concern for me. what really worries me is Marvel/Sony hiring 2 of the worst writers in current movies for such an important project as the revival of Spider-man. Even if they could beat the odds and make an excellent script, why would they take such a big risk? why not hire better writers with a better success-rate to begin with?

Again really what the writers did before besides say the cloudy films. Are not what spidey tone or direction his. And from their interviews they seem to get what we need from spidey. Plus again everything has to pass through the marvel studios guys. Then also like I said before we are 6 months from filming.

We don't even know if these guys are going to end up with the names on shooting script. Again watts could do a polish, someone like mckay could do a polish or even more likely one of the marvel in house guys.

We don't even have any details yet for the film. Beyond the basic hs setting and John Hughes vibe they want. So Untill we ether know they will be the only ones on the film. Or if we start hearing details that don't sound right. I think the oh just cause they did the crappy vacation film or but wonders tone isn't the oh no it will ruin the movie thinking guys have. Going through all the mcu films to date look at some of the writers marvel has used. Some haven't worked on grest projects.

And yes it'd a concern and I see it as a valid one. But just to say oh this film may be crappy cause of those films is a sucks excuse. Their could be other reasons those past projects sucked like studio issues or what not. And Untill I see evidence that spidey is in trouble I want to be positive cause. For me right now all parties are saying the right things I want to hear.

yeah, they have to be very careful about re-using villains right now. the only villain I know I want again is Doc Ock, but it has to be completely different story from SM2. Lizard is a big maybe, it could work if they make Lizard more beastly and that there's another villain to give some meat to the plot.

Also, I don't want Gwen to die again, in any way. Yes TASM2 didn't give it justice. But too bad, they can't just recycle the plot for the hard core Spider-man fans that have to see it done perfectly. The Spider-man movie franchise already has a reputation for being really repetitive. I don't even know if I want to see Goblin at all

giphy.gif

At everything you just said typed. :up:

Edit: I don't even think I wanna see Gwen used again, really. I'm pretty conflicted about it.

Last edited:
The one thing I skeptical about is not the film. But the fans, the film can't please everyone. I wish it could but thats not how the world works. Some are gonna be dissappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"