The Spoilers thread

Web-Head

Up, Up and Away
Reaction score
Since the film is only a few short weeks away and spoilers/speculation is already out there I figured I'd create a spoilers thread

that song is played throughout the movie during different parts.

“pain only makes us stronger. didn’t you tell us that? what you told us kept me alive.”

natasha can’t kill the bad guy because she smells him. no ****.

taskmasters ends up being the bad guys daughter that natasha thought she killed.

movie starts off with natasha and yelena in ohio, red guardian and melina were there for three years and have to escape to cuba. they were gathering shield technology. this was when they were kids. natasha’s mom gave her away for money but wanted her back, the bad guy got her killed.

in the present (around civil war), natasha goes to a friend for help and she is in some european country. she stays undercover. he mentions that he set up a place for someone in budapest (yelena lol).

like a few days before, yelena was on a mission as a widow but the woman she was fighting used a red vial to turn off the mindcontrol. she was freed and the lady who freed her died in her hands. she has many vials because that lady gave them to her. she sends them to natasha with a photo of them, which leads taskmaster to her and they fight in a bridge. natasha escapes and she goes to budapest where she meets with yelena and they fight (like in the trailers).

the budapest thing was hawkeye and natasha targetting the guys who runs the red room. natasha uses the little girl (the daughter) to lead him to the bad guy and decides to kill them both by telling clint to let the bomb go off. this is why she calls herself a monster. the birch survived and becomes taskmaster.

The budapest thing is seen from the perspective of Natasha. She remembers it but we only see her in the car as she watches the little girl in a school uniform (taskmaster) head up the stairs to be with her dad. We hear clints voice (we don’t see him) and Nastaha decides to bomb the place. Yelena seems to know what she did and asks her constantly about the daughter. She finally admits to doing it. It's a flashback. short but sort of chilling

the second part of the movie takes place where melina is staying. in, budapest when natasha and yelena fight, taskmaster and the red room are after them so they go to the subway. inside the subway they hide in the vents because natasha has done it before. when she was with clint they spent most of the time up there. red guardian is in prison and we see that he seems to be OBSESSED with captain america. all he does is talk about how he fought him. they ask him when he fought him and he gives them a time when he was still in ice. the prisoners call him out on his bluff. natasha and yelena need to free him in a really cool sequence. we’re lead to believe that melina is dead but red guardian tells them she’s still working for the red room. they hangout and eat and just talk. melina shows them the shield technology they stole in their mission.. it’s something about controlling what people do. a pig walks into the room and melina instructs him to stop breathing. he falls down and almost dies.

about the smelling things, i’m referring to the old guy who created the red room. when they were designing the black widows they injected a safety measure so any black widow couldn’t kill that old guy. it works with hormones or something like that. she can’t kill him so she has to get rid of her olfactory nerves or something,

screeners only got one credit scene and you guys already know what that is. oh and the daughter doesn’t die. a vial is used to free her. she’s being controlled too.

the scene takes places in natasha’s grave! it’s in the midwestern region where they go undercover. yelena visits the grave and sort of fixes the things there.. a teddy, among other stuff, the lady shows up (valentina) and sort of pretends to cry.. she has a kleenex. yelena is like you shouldn’t be here and valentina gives her.. her next missions. her next mission is to get revenge on the person that killed her sister…clint. she’s hired to kill him.

Hawkeye isn’t in the movie by the way, Valentina shows a picture of him in some sort of device that looks like a tablet.

I don’t remember how they defeat the old guy I wasn’t paying attention! taskmaster is defeated by using one of the red vials. Natasha, Yelena, Red Guardian, Melina, OT’s character all survive. If I’m not mistaken when the widows are freed, that happens in a sequence they’re taken away all together in a helicopter - taskmaster is there.

Melina’s character is really interesting, all throughout the movie we’re supposed to question her motives and if she’s really with the family. All in all; the theme of the movie is the nature of and they portray it really well. Natasha ends up realizing that she does infact have two families.

At first we’re lead to think that Melina is dead, then we’re lead to think that she works with the red room, then we’re lead to think that she betrayed the family, then we see that she actually devised a plan with everyone. The plan isn’t told when it’s made, we see them getting taken to the red room without explanation but the plan is explained via flashbacks.

two running jokes so you can see i saw the movie:

yelena makes fun of natasha for always doing a superhero pose. she constantly makes fun of her. at the end of the movie, she does one herself (in the third act).

yelena’s first purchase after being freed is a vest with lots of pockets. natasha jokes about the pockets but yelena’s like you can fit everything in here. i think you might be able to see it in the trailers? at the end of the movie she gifts if to natasha. 1:36 official trailer. The vest is there.

red guardian is really annoying and that’s the point. when he gets freed, he asks the two of them why they’re so mad and if they have “their time of the month”. they get pissed and tell him that what he submitted them to was the removal of their reproduction organs. they describe like the red room grabbed a scissor and chopped everything into pieces.

some critics were confused on wether a scene was supposed to be the end of the movie or a credits scene. the title with cool graphics was in the start of the movie. this scene is just a nod to infinity war i think? ot’s character gives natasha a ship. i talked to someone and they think it’s the quinjet, i can’t confirm this. i didn’t think it was that important.

Update 5 (largely in response to comments and questions here, as well as 4chan's copied leak):

Yelena gets freed (a vial is used on her) in the first act. That’s why she gets time to get the vest because she approached OT’s character for a hideout. The hideout is in Budapest. Yelena is by Natasha’s side trying to take down the movie after they meet in Budapest.

Some people have been misconstruing the picture thing and the vials been sent to Natasha. The vials are sent attached with a picture of the two of them as kids, that’s how it clicks to Natasha that the person in the Budapest hideout is Yelena.

Here’s a bit more info about that part of the movie. Natasha gets one of those vans (rvs?) in that european country. Her generator fails and then she gets attacked by Taskmaster. That’s the fight that happened in the bridge. Natasha manages to escape and that’s when she gets to Budapest.

Something else. I haven’t talked about this because it’s not that significant but the first time we see Natasha in the present is when she’s talking with General Ross through the phone. He tells her she can’t escape and she’s like whatever. We’re lead to believe that they’re going to find her. She’s hiding in a bathroom. As they storm a building, we see them open a bathroom door but Natasha’s not there. Natasha is then seen opening a door, revealing to be in some sort of ship.

I know there’s a lot of speculation about OT’ character. Sad to report he’s just there to provide assistance to Natasha. I don’t think he even has a plot line. Boring and forgettable, don’t know why he got a poster.

Wanted to comment on the 4chan leak, I think it’s pretty obvious that it’s modeled directly after what I have given out and hey that’s cool but it gets some details wrong because.. they misinterpreted the summary that someone made about the post.

One of the main things they got wrong is the little girl arriving with her father, she doesn’t. She goes up by herself and that’s how they find where the bad guy is.

“Anya leaves her Taskmaster gear behind in the wreckage, which is what allows her to copy people’s fighting skills.”

This part is also completely wrong as she’s not going to walk naked to a helicopter, she still wears the suit.

The farm isn’t just pigs, it’s a farm.

Also, they get the ending a little convuluted as that’s not how it happens. The serum isn’t injected, it’s released by the air. Mason isn’t in the fight, he has no way of getting there.

It’s also noticeable since the guy doesn’t bring up any new plot points and sort of misinterprets some of what was given.

“Natasha’s biological mom sold her to the government for money but wanted her back, so General Ivan Dreykov (Ray Winstone), the director of the Red Room program, had her killed.”

This doesn’t happen in the first act, it just gets reveals in the third act.

Yelena doesn’t act alone in trying to retrieve the vials, she’s the leader of a widow group and is being controlled.

Another thing I’ll reveal so you know that I DID watch the movie: - One widow is forced to kill herself in one of the fights scenes since she has no control. You’ll know when you see it.

Update 6: (Tuesday 22nd June) More details

There was someone talking about how the leaks “don’t make sense” because they fail to align with the opening credits that Fiege was talking about. Like I said before, the animated credits are in the start of the movie. They play right after they get to Cuba and Natasha and Yelena are given to the red room. The credits have lots of interesting commentary in human trafficking and we see various widows being loaded into vehiculed to get transported.

I just remembered a joke about the movie, it has something to do with Red Guardian calling Yelena the best youngest assassin. He tells them they’re proud of them and makes jokes.

The action sequences were pretty cool, my personal favorite is the bridge one since Natasha is caught so off guard. Part of me wishes they utilized Taskmaster’s abilities a bit more though.. they don’t dive deep into them and it’s seen more of a gimmick. I think there could have been an interesting theme/idea they could have tackled with Natasha learning to defeat someone who fight just like her, instead she used the vials and it’s sort of underwhelming.

In the flashback (in ohio), the family flees and they get in a car. It seems pretty obvious that Natasha knows where they’re going - while Yelena does not (she’s a little naive as she’s young). In the car ride they sing the song I told you about earlier. They go to some sort of place where planes are kept and they go on a small one. The three girls are inside while RG has to fight because they’re being followed by police (?) if I remember correctly. They dont think RG will make it but he grabs by a side of the plane. In the process of the flight going off, Melina gets hurt so Natasha is forced to fly the aircraft. As stated before, they arrive to Cuba. In Cuba, Melina is treated by doctors. Natasha still doesn’t want to go to the red room so she steals a gun and grabs Yelena. She pleas for RG to not take Yelena as she’s far too young and shouldn’t go through all that pain. She screams things like I will shoot and stay back to everyone around her, RG and everyone are able to take the gun and there’s some crying. RG is inconsiderate of what hes going to put these girls through.

Theres a lot of resentment towards RG from both women throughout the movie, they resent him for taking them away from the perfect life in Ohio.

Acceptance of family is a big theme in the movie. Natasha doesn’t want to accept that the fake family was real to them - especially Yelena. Yelena delivers a heartbreaking line that states that everything she’s had in her life - the best thing she ever had was all fake.

Updates 3 & 5: Cross-referencing

if you look at the entertainment weekly behind the scenes [Editor's Note:LINK

] there’s a lot of the plot points and scenes i revealed in there.

at 3:40 you see when yelena fights the women who frees her. inside that box there’s the vials. this happens during the first act.

at 4:56 is after yelena does the pose, she’s wearing the vest.

at 5:42 the vest is off! this is when the movie ends. the family escapes and they try to help natasha but she says she can handle it on her own. the shot where we see looking up is in the trailers.

other videos show david talking about the prison escape scene.

Update:

Video of the superhero post conversation LINK

I did not read that leak.
but if the source is from Reddit, we are going to need some corroboration.

Lmao if it's true about Task master, lets prepare for IM3 Mandarin backlash.

Lmao if it's true about Task master, lets prepare for IM3 Mandarin backlash.

Yup. I called it weeks ago.

It's inevitable.

That being said, it sounds like there's enough wiggle room for Feige to introduce the real Taskmaster down the line. Just seems like a wasted opportunity here.

Yup. I called it weeks ago.

It's inevitable.

That being said, it sounds like there's enough wiggle room for Feige to introduce the real Taskmaster down the line. Just seems like a wasted opportunity here.

I think the backlash here is might be warranted if indeed the suit is the source of the his abilities is a cheat. But I won't be up in arms about it, I loved the Mandarin twist in IM3 and I'll be open to see how the handle Taskmaster. If they can make him/her a Winter Soldier esque threat like in Cap 2, I'll be happy.

The villain's daughter I heard. It's gonna be a a war on these forums. A females Task master who uses tech for her abilities yeeeessshhhh
Wait... I thought Taskmaster is the villain. So there's another villain?

The villain's daughter I heard. It's gonna be a a war on these forums. A females Task master who uses tech for her abilities yeeeessshhhh

These forums won't be that bad. Though you'll probably have many with agendas using it as evidence for the downfall of Marvel :hehe:

Youtube will be a bloody mess. I can already tell which channels are gearing up to slam this film.

All that being said, the positive side is... there's still the option of a comic-accurate 'Anthony Masters' version down the line.

Taskmaster-Header.webp

Just a wasted opportunity to do Taskmaster INO here.

I have heard that there are actually two post credit scenes. Anybody know anything about that?

Last edited:
Is RDJ in this, even as just stock footage?

Is RDJ in this, even as just stock footage?
Grace Randolph(who got access to a screener for the movie) said that RDJ is not in the movie. Not even in stock footage. Unless, they’re withholding another post-credit scene with RDJ from the critic screeners then he won’t be in it.

Those spoilers were just hard to read. Hoping the film plays out a lot better than that.

I haven't watched it yet and don't want spoilers so I'm not reading anything here. I just have one question I'd like answered from anyone who might know (I'll only read alerts I get from quotes in this thread and private messages). Recently I've been rewatching the MCU with someone who's watching for the first time. We've watched everything up to Captain Marvel but not yet Endgame, so this person doesn't know what happens in Endgame. Since everyone has been saying the Black Widow movie should've come out before Endgame I was wondering if this movie is safe to watch for someone who hasn't seen Endgame yet. So basically does this movie contain

A. No spoilers for Endgame at all (so safe to watch)
B. Spoilers for Endgame only in mid-credits/end-credits scenes (can watch, but the other person should leave during credits)
C. Spoilers for Endgame within the main movie (not safe to watch, go see it only after Endgame)
?

Thanks for the help.

I haven't watched it yet and don't want spoilers so I'm not reading anything here. I just have one question I'd like answered from anyone
who might know (I'll only read alerts I get from quotes in this thread and private messages).
Recently I've been rewatching the MCU with someone who's watching for the first time. We've watched everything up to Captain Marvel but not yet Endgame, so this person doesn't know what happens in Endgame. Since everyone has been saying the Black Widow movie should've come out before Endgame I was wondering if this movie is safe to watch for someone who hasn't seen Endgame yet. So basically does this movie contain

A. No spoilers for Endgame at all (so safe to watch)
B. Spoilers for Endgame only in mid-credits/end-credits scenes (can watch, but the other person should leave during credits)
C. Spoilers for Endgame within the main movie (not safe to watch, go see it only after Endgame)
?

Thanks for the help.
From all reports so far, The movie itself doesn't reference Endgame.
However there is a funeral scene. I THINK it is an end credit scene.
Just get her out of there right away. Shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited:
From all reports so far, The movie doesn't reference Endgame.
However there is a funeral scene. I THINK it is an end credit scene.
Just get her out of there right away. Shouldn't be an issue.
Okay thanks. The movie will come out in large parts of Europe and Asia in two days so I might check in again for verification then.

Okay thanks. The movie will come out in large parts of Europe and Asia in two days so I might check in again for verification then.
I just wanted to say that I think it is really cool that you are trying to preserve her film experience.
When Endgame, was released I half expected Tony to die.
It made sense for the narrative.
However I figured that the only way I was going to Ugly Cry was if they killed Natasha.
And,I KNEW that they were not going to do that.
Because Scarlett had a movie coming up.
When I came out of the theater,"THOSE BASTARDS!"
I get it.
I KNOW she is coming back, someday, somehow.
Still, I haven't forgiven Marvel for Killing Natasha.
HEARTLESS BASTARDS, I SAY!

it should be pointed out that the idea of a female Taskmaster in Marvel Comics isn't exactly a new notion.
There was a female Taskmaster in Deadpool Max. And she became a mentor to a younger version of Deadpool.
This isn't Marvel going woke.
It's a time honored tradition in the MCU.
Pitting MCU Protagonists against their opposites.
Iron Man Vs.Iron Monger.
The Hulk Vs The Abomination.
Captain America Vs Red Skull.
Black Panther Vs. Killmonger.
So, how do you do that with Black Widow?
So far, Natasha doesn't have any solo opponents.
It looks like she does now.

Which Black Widow is the one of the title, Natasha or Yelena?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"