Stargirl The Stargirl News and Discussion Thread

Congrats to Brec Bassinger for winning the Saturn Award for Best Performance By A Younger Actor in a TV series for network/ cable.

Was to be expected...did they even promote the current season once?
I only saw a few Twitter users trying their best to do what the Network didnt.
I dont remember seeing anything official about the current season floating around at all.

Not surprised. Majority of the shows will be canceled. Id say HBOM should pick it up but we all know that aint happening

So now we just have Superman & Lois on the CW and Titans, Doom Patrol and Pennyworth on HBO Max. Curious which one will get the axe first.

So now we just have Superman & Lois on the CW and Titans, Doom Patrol and Pennyworth on HBO Max. Curious which one will get the axe first.

Probably Doom Patrol. It’s the most bizarre, off-the-wall out of these shows and it’s the most expensive to make. As great as the show is, I’m surprised it’s gone on as long as it has.

I’ve been waiting for the season to finish so I can binge it. Sad to see the show go, but season 2 wasn’t as interesting to me as the first season was.

Deadline understands the team behind DC’s Stargirl, like Nancy Drew, were given an early indication that this may have been the final season and to write an ending that would reflect that. The decision is thought to have been made by the Nexstar executives.

Well, that's good at least. So the series doesn't have a cliffhanger, unresolved ending like Black Lightning did. Unfortunate, but hey, I've enjoyed the hell out of Stargirl and will continue to enjoy the rest of this series. Very curious about Superman and Lois now.

Honestly, I'd say just port them to HBO Max. Stargirl began as a streaming series on DC Universe anyway- admittedly while simultaneous with the CW, but still. Both shows have budgets well above the typical DC CW series as well.

From Geoff Johns.
Stargirl has always held a special place in my heart for many reasons,” Johns said. “With all the brewing changes at the network, we were aware this was possibly the last season, so we wrote with that in mind and have delivered what I believe to be the best season of Stargirl yet, with complete creative closure.
At least the show got to end on it’s own terms but it’s pretty much the end of superhero shows on network television which kinda makes me sad. I am grateful for this series and looking forward to the final five episodes.

Last edited:
This was coming, though I wish it would move to HBO Max.

This was coming, though I wish it would move to HBO Max.
My guess is that they’ll wait till season 3 hits HBO Max and see what the streaming numbers are before or if they move the series to the service and produce new episodes there but honestly I’m not holding out hope for that. However they are doing the Titans crossover so WBD might also be waiting to see if that builds interest with that to pickup the show.

Aren't these two on their last seasons?

Aren't these two on their last seasons?
It hasn’t been confirmed that those are the final seasons, yet. Though it kind of feels like it could be with them splitting the seasons into two parts. I suspect we’ll hear news soon of both show’s cancellations sometime after their respective seasons premiere. We’re just now hearing that season 3 of this show is the final one after like a month after this season first premiered. So it stands to reason they’ll try a similar approach for Doom Patrol and Titans.

Last edited:
It hasn’t been confirmed that those are the final seasons, yet. Though it kind of feels like or could be with them splitting the seasons into two parts. I suspect we’ll hear news soon of both show’s cancellations sometime after their seasons premiere. We’re just now heading that season 3 of this show is the final one after like a month after this season first premiered. So it stands to reason they’ll try a similar approach for Doom Patrol and Titans.
Harley Quinn was lucky.

More from Geoff Johns via CBR
The DC writer later expanded upon his press statement via Facebook, revealing, "When I originally envisioned STARGIRL, I had a three season 'trilogy' in my mind so to be able to complete that trilogy and end on a true ending for the series is an absolute gift." On whether he planned more Stargirl storylines in advance, Johns wrote, "we had other JSA ideas brewing, but we knew the writing was on the wall when the Network was up for sale, so we planned accordingly to deliver an ending for us and for the fans that would have complete creative closure in the best possible way."
Stargirl's Series Finale Gives the Arrowverse Show a Proper Ending
I’m glad that even though he had ideas for more seasons for the most part he had a three act structure for the series planned and I am glad for us fans and the cast and crew that Geoff got to complete it.

Well, atleast we are getting a proper ending for the show and not some BS cliffhanger. It sounds like they actually had somekind of plan from the beginning which is good to hear and hopefully its a satisfying ending. After tonight's episode it looks like things are finally starting to pick up and get interesting too.

They brought their A-game with those fight scenes in tonight's episode. Rick is a loose cannon and now the rest of the team, especially Courtney, clearly sees it.

Dat ending.
Ultra-Humanite!!!!
Yeah that fight scene at the mansion was great and the with that reveal at the end the story is really heating up.

I know this show is now ending but I figured why not still post the ratings.
THE CW | Stargirl (455K/0.1) and Kung Fu (410K/0.1) each dropped a handful of eyeballs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"