The Stately Wayne Manor and Wayne Tower Thread

Wayne-Manor.jpg
That looks like an Arkham Asylum to me.

I don't know enough about architecture to suggest any locations, but I always thought the Lego Wayne Manor was good. I'd like it to be out on it's own island like it is often shown to be:

Wayne-Manor.png lego-batman-movie-waynemanor.jpg

Thing is, I want the home to look classic, lived in and something that reflected a wealthy family - not royalty. It has to look impressive in the fact it has heritage. It has cottages for staff etc and landscaped grounds - also, Alfred - I didn't like what he was in BvS.
The whole package of Wayne Manor needs to really reflect Thomas Wayne.

Thing is, I want the home to look classic, lived in and something that reflected a wealthy family - not royalty. It has to look impressive in the fact it has heritage. It has cottages for staff etc and landscaped grounds - also, Alfred - I didn't like what he was in BvS.
The whole package of Wayne Manor needs to really reflect Thomas Wayne.

images

Eastwell Manor is one of my favorites

I think it has the perfect combination between classic and modern

images

Eastwell Manor is one of my favorites

I think it has the perfect combination between classic and modern

Eastwell is great, but I would actually say its Baronial architectural style works best for a very old Wayne Manor. Something built by colonial aristocrats in the late 17th or very early 18th century. I would much prefer it to another grand Gothic English country house like 89's Knebworth House, or Nolan's Mentmore Towers/Wollarton Hall. They always have looked a little too European to me and out of place

However, Eastwell is unlikely as is a public spa hotel and the interior has been converted to that use, so they can't use the interiors.

Personally, I would still really prefer something American built later like Henry Ford's Fair Lane. Such American mansions are often a bit of a mishmash of several architectural styles and/or have anachronistic features that give them away as American and not the real thing. They also often have modern features and updates like huge windows that only modern glass and steel framing allow. Such windows are used to such great dramatic effect in the best Batman stories and in BTAS/MOTP.

This is in Pittsburgh

Screen-shot-2010-08-30-at-5.56.00-PM.png

18893876311_e925b60b4e_b.jpg

441999673_b85b54d033_b.jpg
That is a perfect example of what I mean by new world construction vs. "real deal" old world stuff. Only problem is that is too new and doesn't show any of the natural age that Wayne Manor would. The grounds are also too open and public.

This is in Pittsburgh

Screen-shot-2010-08-30-at-5.56.00-PM.png

18893876311_e925b60b4e_b.jpg

441999673_b85b54d033_b.jpg
This to me jus looks fake, like a theme park attraction. The lines are off.

It's something that Thomas Wayne grow up in etc and a family thing. This looks like Prince had it built in the 80's.

That to me looks too modern and not stately/old enough. It looks like a glorified condo on steroids.

I think the best choices are actual American mansions built during the Gilded Age/pre-WWII. Here are two of the real deals that combine actual age and heritage with more modern construction methods and design.

My personal favourite (now that we know Reeves is going for a very Gothic look based on the Glasgow shooting locations) is Lyndhurst in Tarrytown, New York:
springbench-slide.png

AerialSunsetSlide.jpg

ArtGallerySlide-853x438_c.jpg

Very Gothic but lots of big moody windows because it built recently. The grounds make for excellent shots.

Next up is the John D. Rockefeller Estate, Kykuit, also in New York
1024px-Kykuit%2C_Tarrytown%2C_NY_-_front_facade.JPG

1280px-0392_Kykuit.jpg

Less Gothic exterior, but the interior screams American aristocracy:
800px-Kykuit_Oct_2017_09.jpg

1280px-Kykuit_Oct_2017_05.jpg

However, neither of these are likely as filming in based in the UK and they will likely choose something there as Wayne Manor for economic purposes.

rockefeller-171219211257-thumbnail-4.jpg

I gotta say I'd be intrigued by the notion of a townhouse Wayne Manor that's in the middle of the city opposed to being in the outskirts like it traditionally is.

David Rockefeller Townhouse - Photos Of David Rockefeller's NYC Home For Sale

146-east-65th-street-4-1497971831.jpg

Would be unique and interesting and give him a Sherlock Holmes vibe, I think.

Maybe the batcave could be more of an industrial garage underneath, that connects through the city via old tunnels Batman used to enter in the Batmobile.

Highly doubt this production would come to the Bay Area, but Carolands Mansion has an interesting look for Wayne Manor IMO...

Wayne Manor being in the middle of the city ala a Central Park style (while private) area makes more sense than planing it outside of city limits...

13153c3d0fec5b7c7d393f23808f4eb4.jpg
View attachment 33785 Wayne Manor in the 60s show was kinda cool.

60s show wayne manor is probably my favorite version.

it feels very warm and lived-in.
like you wouldn't expect the person who owned and lived here to be batman.
which is what you want, if you're batman.

if you looked at the burton/keaton version of wayne manor, u'd go "ok this guy's definitely batman." lol

Especially considering the Returns manor has ****ing Batsignals stationed all around it.

lol it's so ridiculous, but they were able to get away with it because it was the 90s.

there was not as many comic book movies in the 1990s, so when they did something irrational like having batsignals installed right on the roof of wayne manor, not as much people in the audience would go "man, that's stupid..."

Since The Flash seems to be going back to the more castle-esque Wayne Manor of 1989, I’m kind of hoping the Reeves Wayne Manor has a ‘66 look to it.

Thomas Shelby's home from Peaky Blinders is very Wayne Manor-y. I think the place is called Arley Hall or something.

ogswhhkdxbg41.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"