The Stately Wayne Manor and Wayne Tower Thread

Still find it odd that there has been zero talk of them filming at a mansion during production. Really believing Bruce and Alfred live in Wayne Tower in this movie.

Still find it odd that there has been zero talk of them filming at a mansion during production. Really believing Bruce and Alfred live in Wayne Tower in this movie.
I think there will be a Manor. We just haven't seen it yet.

I mean, they filmed 75% of it in studio. Pretty easy to hide it that way.

25% before covid break and then they moved everything in studio after that, right?

They filmed in Liverpool and Chicago in the fall.

Yeah, but just the courthouse in Liverpool and street chase in Chicago right?

I don't know about "decaying", it's kind of hard to say given what we've got. Could be that a lot of that's just the lighting, and those broken windows may have just been done by Bruce in his little outburst. Either way, it definitely fits the stylized & goth-y mood to things.

Certainly has the old-money feel to it though, like Bale's. Doesn't sound like they'll be messing with that, like an update of the parents being first-gen rich through corporate shenanigans or whatever.

Cool to see, I was half expecting they'd just go with the tower penthouse for the first movie since we'd heard so little. Things just aren't the same without the manor.

Matt's own words "this guy who sort of almost like, if you think of Bruce Wayne as like a reckless rock star in a decaying manor"

Ah, interesting. Yeah, could be he only ventures back there sometime recently in this movie. Like he's been calling the penthouse his digs since he was 18, gradually starts reviving the ol' homestead now as his base of operations by the time of a sequel.

i think the wayne terminus batcave will still be under the manor. the name of the terminus itself is weird if you think about it. maybe, stuck up thomas wayne built it under the manor?
and i genuinely think we'll get the grandfather clock.

Kinda figured his current batcave we've seen in the Lego's probably downtown under the tower. Would subway systems extend as far out as the manor? It's usually depicted as sorta semi-rural, or more sparsely-populated outer suburb type of thing.

If the Waynes are icons in the city and the tower's been there for years (or they own the land and whatever was there beforehand), the "Wayne Terminus" makes sense. Base for a first movie, later on he can go nuts with setting up the home cave.

So according to the prequel junior novel, it seems Bruce's Gothic abode above is actually Bruce's Penthouse in Wayne Tower, below which the Batcave can be found in the Wayne's private train station, Wayne Terminus. Wayne Manor having been donated to the City for an orphanage. So Reeves is really going Strange Apparitions on Bruce's abode here.

As much as I am loving their vision of Wayne Tower, I gotta admit that I am a little sad that Reeves is abandoning Wayne Manor so early. Especially since I am really love how it looks here:
The-Batman-Wayne-Family-Picture-rataalada-com-01.png

The monochromatic white walls and carved stonework have a very cool mausoleum-like aesthetic. Reminiscent of the unoccupied Wayne Manor, with all of the furniture under white sheets, at the start of Begins when Bruce comes back for Chill's trial.

Every 2000s Batman director has it out for Wayne Manor.

Nolan burned it down.
Snyder had it already burnt out.
Reeves has it donated.

Batman directors really don't want Bruce living in Wayne Manor, above a classic Batcave.

Maybe it's both.
He lives in Wayne Tower.
But, the mansion is a wreck.
And he moves in with intent to restore it as part of the climax of the film.

So according to the prequel junior novel, it seems Bruce's Gothic abode above is actually Bruce's Penthouse in Wayne Tower, below which the Batcave can be found in the Wayne's private train station, Wayne Terminus. Wayne Manor having been donated to the City for an orphanage. So Reeves is really going Strange Apparitions on Bruce's abode here.

As much as I am loving their vision of Wayne Tower, I gotta admit that I am a little sad that Reeves is abandoning Wayne Manor so early. Especially since I am really love how it looks here:

The monochromatic white walls and carved stonework have a very cool mausoleum-like aesthetic. Reminiscent of the unoccupied Wayne Manor, with all of the furniture under white sheets, at the start of Begins when Bruce comes back for Chill's trial.
Anytime you can say that a Batman film is taking a “Strange Apparitions” approach, that’s a great thing.

Anytime you can say that a Batman film is taking a “Strange Apparitions” approach, that’s a great thing.
Indeed. There is a good reason why Englehart, Rogers, and Wein are listed in the Special thanks section of the credits for this film! :D

I asked the actress that plays Martha Wayne on Instagram and she said they shot that on a random county hotel outside of London. And the prequel book (which includes a lot of details so I think it's definitely canon) states that the Waynes moved outside the Manor and turned it into an orphanage when Bruce was six and before Thomas ran for mayor so this is very likely not a representation of the Manor or it's supposed to be the Tower but they didn't have a set to use at the time of the photos.

Maybe it's both.
He lives in Wayne Tower.
But, the mansion is a wreck.
And he moves in with intent to restore it as part of the climax of the film.
I think it'd be very out of character for Bruce to turn what's now an abandoned orphanage into a home for only two people.

Maybe Bruce could reopen the orphanage and also live there in the hopes of one day identifying and training a successor to his role as Batman. Enter Dick Grayson. It'd be kinda like L and his association with Wammy's House in Death Note. He already looks enough like L, anyways. :oldrazz:

Really loved the gothic look of the penthouse. It really reminded me of Castlevania or Greymoor from Elder Scrolls Online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"