First Avenger The style of the film?

The real question that we need answered is will Steve Rogers wear a cup?

he'll need a silencer to keep the balls from clanging

Duct tape. Just tape them close to the body. Does the trick for me.

ok this thread has gotten out of hand now

It hasn't gone far enough. :woot:

Nah but seriously I'll get back on subject. I think it should be a big budget film first hand but definitely have elements of the other two in it. Let have that band of brothers feel in some scenes and pay homage to classic Hollywood.

I think the most important aspect of the film is to get the feel of the era. Luckily this is something that Johnston has succeeded with in the past.

yea joe is good with period films, and that was probably the main reason he was picked for captain america. And i do hope they have the right tone/feel for the film too.

Wolfman was a period film

well he did say he wanted the film to be like indiana jones, and the rocketeer if i recall a few months back.

Ugh. WHY does everyone want every WW2 movie to be Ingloreous Basturds now? Saving Private Ryan is still THE golden standard for war movies IMO, and IGB is about 20 years behind SPR in terms of sensitivity and care paid to the source.

I don't want to turn this into a debate about IGB because this is not the place for it, but I would much rather have a film similar in tone to SPR than IGB. We can do a lot better than having a clone of IGB with superheroes.

Apocalypse now.

The Thin Red Line.

Letters from Iwo Jima.

All miles ahead of the mediocre Saving Private Ryan.

Furthermore, Basterds wasn't trying to be historically accurate.

Basterds was Tarantino's take on WW2

Apocalypse now.

The Thin Red Line.

Letters from Iwo Jima.

This, even though I like Saving Private Ryan.

Timstuff Tarantino was no trying to stay close to the source. He just wanted his own fantastical take on WWII. It wasn't meant to be a serious War film even though it did have some serious parts in the film. It was a fun film that gave an alternate take on WWII.

And thats why IGB is on mentioned on this thread. People want a whole different take on WWII with Captain America. It should follow IGB in terms of creating a whole nother' fictional story on and interpretation of WWII.

It should be an adventure film like Indiana Jones or The Rocketeer. If Johnston can successfully get that Rocketeer feel back this film will be in good shape.

Apocalypse now.

The Thin Red Line.

Letters from Iwo Jima.

This, even though I like Saving Private Ryan.

Timstuff Tarantino was no trying to stay close to the source. He just wanted his own fantastical take on WWII. It wasn't meant to be a serious War film even though it did have some serious parts in the film. It was a fun film that gave an alternate take on WWII.

And thats why IGB is on mentioned on this thread. People want a whole different take on WWII with Captain America. It should follow IGB in terms of creating a whole nother' fictional story on and interpretation of WWII.

It should be an adventure film like Indiana Jones or The Rocketeer. If Johnston can successfully get that Rocketeer feel back this film will be in good shape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"