Vanessa Kirby is Sue Storm/The Invisible Woman

I believe in diversity but it seems like every role that originally had someone not of color is now HAVING to go with color!! I think it’s ok for some white actors and actresses to be cast!! Doesn’t make studios racist!!

Because Malcom X actually existed, he was a living breathing person and not a character in a movie or comic.... Sue storm is a work of fiction which is up to interpretation.
322362_front.jpg

I believe in diversity but it seems like every role that originally had someone not of color is now HAVING to go with color!! I think it’s ok for some white actors and actresses to be cast!! Doesn’t make studios racist!!

I dont think its racist, just unfaithful to the source material

What did you think this post was? Some kind of "mic drop" or "gotcha" point? Because it isn't. The fact movies about Malcolm X exist don't change the FACT that Malcolm X was a real life human being that existed in our world. Not a work of fiction from the 60s when most characters were white cause the creators of said characters largely made white characters cause, ya know....that's what they knew. If you cannot see the difference between the 2 thing, well....cannot help you there. If it bothers you so much, watch another movie when FF comes out

Take these Twitter scoops with a grain of salt as always, but if there is some truth to this, we’d get another Latina Sue which I’m totally good with.

I have no problem with Sue being Latina. Curious to see if that would extend to Johnny as well. Especially with that rumor that Austin Butler may want to be Johnny in this or if they will do that adopted siblings thing again. I cannot off hand picture her as Sue mainly cause I think every movie I have seen her in she was a villain. But hey, I trust Feige.

There are still a ton of white superhero actors.

I nominate Bella Heathcoat as Sue, she gives me a very Sue like vibe. She also reminds me of a young Reese Witherspoon who also could have played Sue.

professor-marston-and-the-wonder-women-lg.jpg

I nominate Bella Heathcoat as Sue, she gives me a very Sue like vibe. She also reminds me of a young Reese Witherspoon who also could have played Sue.

professor-marston-and-the-wonder-women-lg.jpg

She gives me more of a young Heather Graham vibe. She could play Felicity Shagwell in a reboot of Austin Powers.

Jodie Comer replied to rumours about her being cast as Sue Storm @54:40 timestamp

edit: 50:40

Last edited:
Noble%20Panacea%20x%20JC%20Campaign%20(1).jpg

As per what i posted in the Reed thread, Divinity Seeker also scooped that Jodie Comer was cast as Sue. He is the same scooper who leaked Shakman was director before many big trades did apparently. So it is looking like we might have potentially THREE of the FOUR cast, with a potential FOURTH as per recent rumours.

scooped by Divinity:
-Krasinski as Reed
-Comer as Sue
-Daveed as Ben

-Austin Butler as Johnny

Iffy:
-Adam Driver as Doom

276078595_656414258770206_1898125364296972553_n-240x300.jpg

Last edited:
images
If they go the 60s route she can pull off the look and so can John below

images

20210927_HB_UK_JODIE_COMER_06_1643.jpg

John
images

Austin too

c38a3740-a957-44e4-94c8-fd25b9f0793b-getty-1399364288.jpg

And Daveed
Daveed_Diggs_Worldcon_75%2C_Helsinki.jpg

mandatory Jesse Plemons in case its not Daveed lol

13PLEMONS2-articleLarge.jpg

Last edited:
images
If they go the 60s route she can pull off the look and so can John below

images

20210927_HB_UK_JODIE_COMER_06_1643.jpg

John
images

Austin too

c38a3740-a957-44e4-94c8-fd25b9f0793b-getty-1399364288.jpg

And Daveed
Daveed_Diggs_Worldcon_75%2C_Helsinki.jpg

mandatory Jesse Plemons in case its not Daveed lol

13PLEMONS2-articleLarge.jpg

I think the rumour about Daveed could be true, because Disney loves to recast actors who already worked with the studio. Davees will bw in the upcoming Ariel movie.

I think the rumour about Daveed could be true, because Disney loves to recast actors who already worked with the studio. Davees will bw in the upcoming Ariel movie.
I feel they'd be reluctant to pull another "Black guy gets turned into inhuman form for most of movie"

Comer would definitely be a good Sue, though!

I feel they'd be reluctant to pull another "Black guy gets turned into inhuman form for most of movie"

Comer would definitely be a good Sue, though!

I’m thinking it could give them the ability to have a diverse cast/team without changing the look from the comics, so I wouldn’t be surprised.

If Sue Storm's brown, why not cast a white actor as Malcolm X? Might as well.

Eiza doesn't look that brown and she looks more natural as a blonde than Alba did however if they can they should just cast Jodie Comer. She is just a better actress.

I still want either Emily Blunt or Jodie Comer as Sue

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"