The Sue Storm/ Invisible Woman casting thread

Discussion in 'Fantastic Four' started by Dark Raven, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

Hopefully she wouldn't get her head shaved 15 minutes after showing up on screen.

2. Willie Lumpkin Trophy Husband

:doh:

:funny: Gotta keep that budget down.

3. Stark Bauer Mr. Feige- cast me as MCU Darkhawk

that would be a waste of her talent. Jean Grey would make more sense

4. Silvermoth Krakoan native

Oh really? I would have thought the opposite, a team role might not be great before her but seeing her play a queen/superhero would be really cool

Stark Bauer likes this.
  5. Stark Bauer Mr. Feige- cast me as MCU Darkhawk

yes i see where you are coming from. but do you really think Feige will focus the narrative on Medusa and give her the screen time she deserves to showcase her acting abilities? I feel like Jean Grey naturally becomes the focus of most story arcs. Especially with the Scott Logan love triangle.

on topic, news is slow as heck but at least we are getting rumours and upset Emilly lol

6. Willie Lumpkin Trophy Husband

I can’t say that he will, but I think it would be really cool for the Inhumans and specifically Medusa to be a big part of the FF and MCU.

InCali likes this.
  7. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

I think Jessica Chastain, if she wanted it, would be the no brainer.

Funny how we can't seem to get past the hair color even when we know it. LOL.

Stark Bauer likes this.
  8. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

Sigourney Weaver as she was in Alien 3 with her bald head could be the new Medusa. :o

Or Medusa could become one of the Dora Milajae.

9. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

[​IMG]

thought you'd like the Anne Hathaway reference....:yay:

10. Willie Lumpkin Trophy Husband

Maybe, but she’s not quite what I had in mind.

As I thought about it I realized I want a slightly subtler version of Kathryn Hahn. I want someone who can steal the show the way she did in Wandavision.

I’m not a fan of the Frightful Four, but I’d love to see something like we saw in the comics. Before we know who the Inhumans are, Medusa could show up with the Frightful Four ... briefly... until she realizes “These guys are losers” and becomes the Medusa we know.

It would take a special type of actress to pull that off, but could be really cool if done right.

Stark Bauer likes this.
  11. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

"If" they were to cast Krasinski, I think Blunt would be the choice. They just fit too well together on screen.

Stark Bauer likes this.
  12. Xeno That's America's ass!

Jean will probably be a decade younger than Blunt when she first appears. The first X-Men team from the comics has yet to be portrayed accurately. I suspect that Feige will rectify that in his version.

As far as the FF are concerned, I'd prefer to see Sue & Johnny somewhat older than in the comics. The age gap between Sue and Reed won't fly today if it's shown the way Byrne had it, with Sue a preteen and Reed in college when they met. A ten-year or more age difference is less problematic when the younger partner is in their mid-to-late 20s.

A thirtysomething Reed would be well established professionally, and Sue would be old enough to be well along in her career, too. Johnny might be just graduating from Empire State, or, at the very least, well along in his studies. In the past I have said that in my opinion, Sue & Johnny need to have legitimate reasons for being on that space flight or along for whatever misadventure causes the 4 to gain powers. The tag-along GF and "boy wonder" never passed muster with me even when I was a kid. (I'm not quite old enough to have bought FF #1 off the rack, but my brothers did. They even deigned to let me read it when I was five.)

Stark Bauer likes this.
  13. The Lazarus Pit The Boy Wonder

The simplest explanation is that this is a private expedition, and Reed selected the passengers

Stark Bauer likes this.
  14. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

That still requires a good reason for Reed to select them as passengers. Note that if his standards for including someone on a dangerous experimental expedition are "I want to get into their pants, so I will bring along someone with no qualifications whatsoever and their even less qualified kid brother", then you have succeeded in establishing that Reed is the villain of the piece. This is not desirable.

Stark Bauer likes this.
  15. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

If it's the first civilian space shuttle or rocket ship and there are a group of passengers on it, that could also include Sue and Johnny. Now either the rest of the crew get separated (perhaps the ship breaks apart) and so only the Four get bombarded by cosmic rays, or perhaps the whole crew gets bombarded but only the Four have side effects and develop super powers for some reason. Perhaps they had been previously exposed to something and now, combined with the cosmic rays, it brings out that mutation.

Stark Bauer likes this.
  16. Stark Bauer Mr. Feige- cast me as MCU Darkhawk

whatever the circumstance i have full confidence in Feige's ability to retell a story that has been told hundreds of times but make it even more compelling and put his own spin to it. see - I am Iron Man.

17. Stark Bauer Mr. Feige- cast me as MCU Darkhawk

#92 Stark Bauer, Jul 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
  18. Web-Head Oh boy yeah

19. Stark Bauer Mr. Feige- cast me as MCU Darkhawk

"Honestly, the whole thing (super hero movies) is just showing the beginning signs of fraying around the edges. It’s a little bit old. Last summer there were five or seven different ones out.” - Who said it?

Robert Downey Jr. in 2014

"Now we have the problem that they tell us 'Logan' is a great movie. Well, it's a great superhero movie. It still involves people in tights with metal coming out of their hands... Big business wants you to think that this is a great film because they wanna make money off of it," - Ethan Hawke

Even though his comments were taken out of context, they didnt age well...

Ethan Hawke to Battle Oscar Isaac as ‘Moon Knight’ Villain in Marvel Disney+ Series

Actors do things for money and fame. Money talks. People can change their minds if offered the right script, character, story, or if they get to work with the director of their dreams.

#94 Stark Bauer, Jul 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  20. Detective Conan Registered

^^ That still doesn’t mean she’ll play Sue Storm. It’s possible she’ll take an MCU role at some point(she almost was BW) but that doesn’t guarantee Marvel will pick her for the role. And quite frankly I don’t her nor Krasinski for the parts anyway. There’s plenty of better choices out there.

21. Willie Lumpkin Trophy Husband

:up: I’d be “okay” with Krasinski, but he’d still be far from my first choice.

But Blunt isn’t even on my radar, and, frankly, I think the only reason anyone ever mentioned her name is she’s married to Krasinski.

22. MilkmanDan Registered

I wouldn't mind if Blunt was cast but there are others roles that might suit her better. Out of the actors suggested in this thread, I think I like Amanda Seyfried the most.

Stark Bauer likes this.
  23. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

Of the suggestions in this thread I like Lily James the most.

24. Spider-Fan83 with great power...

I still personally like, Halston Sage, for this
    (tho, depends on the age range of rest of cast as she is a bit on the younger side)

25. Stark Bauer Mr. Feige- cast me as MCU Darkhawk

I think we will be pleased with whoever Feige (or more accurately Sarah Halley Finn) picks