Vanessa Kirby is Sue Storm/The Invisible Woman

Emmy Rossum on Losing Fantastic Four Role: ‘I Didn’t Understand the Dialogue’

How do you guys feel about her as Sue?

What about Britt Lower?

42803d774efa01ec54bf8bacf3f1f8c02db115b6.gifv
I kind of like her admitting that.

she was one of the first ones who called out sexual abuse against Harvey Weinstein and (my personal opinion), hassince has been stealth-blacklisted from blockbuster movies (her films have been niche and financial failures since speaking out against Weinstein) in Hollywood.
Did the whole industry turn on her?
Weinstein has A LOT of power, for sure :cmad:

Did the whole industry turn on her?
Weinstein has A LOT of power, for sure :cmad:

only the ones making good movies turned on her with good scripts and big budgets

I saw her on Fallon last night and I think Kaley Cuoco would actually be a great option and don't know why I hadn't considered her until now.

She has the looks, the age, the talent and she's not a stranger to comic book adaptations as she's played Harley Quinn on her HBO show.

The only problem I'd see is that it'd be hard for some people not to see her as the bimbo-ish type of character she played for more than a decade in The Big Bang Theory.

images

I saw her on Fallon last night and I think Kaley Cuoco would actually be a great option and don't know why I hadn't considered her until now.

She has the looks, the age, the talent and she's not a stranger to comic book adaptations as she's played Harley Quinn on her HBO show.

The only problem I'd see is that it'd be hard for some people not to see her as the bimbo-ish type of character she played for more than a decade in The Big Bang Theory.

images
Could be on to something there.

images
Damn, you got there first. lol :funny: :D

I was thinking I should suggest her already last week.

She's the same age as Seyfried which is good

Maybe her new series Flight Attendant will help her career moving past being bimbo. I haven't seen it though so I don't know if the plays the same thing there as well. I've only heard that she's gotten good reviews.

EDIT. It will be ironic that she hangs around with a bunch of scientists/nerds for more than a decade (with her character not knowing a single thing about science, sci fi or comic books)... then she could end up playing a well-known (sci fi based) superhero character herself (again in relationship with a scientist)
If Kaley gets cast, the press will definitely make a deal out of the matter.
Her former co-stars will also mention it. A LOT

I change my mind. I don't want Jodie Comer as Sue anymore. Milly Alcock's my choice now. She's only a year younger than Alba was when she was cast in the 2005 movie.

I change my mind. I don't want Jodie Comer as Sue anymore. Milly Alcock's my choice now. She's only a year younger than Alba was when she was cast in the 2005 movie.
giphy (1).gif

I think Lily James (32) and Jodie Comer (29) are my picks for Sue. Could also see Margaret Qualley (27) as an out-of-the-box pick

I could see Kaley Cuoco as Sue, but my only reservation is that I find her a little... distracting.

There's been some talk about making Sue a doctor. I have no real objection to that, but it does make me wonder what happens to her practice. I suppose she gives it up? I can't see her juggling superheroing with something as time consuming as being a doctor. As was pointed out in the other thread though, she does have special skills as a human x-ray machine.

Does Imogen Poots suit the character?
I want opinions, not only you pushing the like button lol

Imogen_Poots-Beauty_Celebrities_HD_Photo_Wallpaper_1600x1200.jpg

imogen-poots-outer-range-1650625367.jpg
She's a good actor, has a pretty good age (not too young but young enough to have an immature younger brother) and looks the part. I'd be happy if she was cast.

Vanessa Kirby has grown on me ever since that supposed short list came out. Lily James has been my choice for awhile but she's now tied with Kirby in my rankings.

I could see Kaley Cuoco as Sue, but my only reservation is that I find her a little... distracting.
You mean she's really beautiful and you can't stop thinking about that lol? :hrt:

I think we should make her a valid candidate next to Seyfried, as they are the same age.
Now we have two "85'ers" to match with Krasinski :up:

You mean she's really beautiful and you can't stop thinking about that lol?

Can you blame me? Really, probably most actresses who could get that role would be somewhat distracting in that way. But there's something unique about Kaley Cuoco, where you would see her on TV every week (or in some cases every day, when I was watching reruns of BBT), you can't help but "notice" her. That makes her especially distracting. But honestly, I preferred Melissa Rauch.

if your that easily distracted by beauty I would imagine that would apply to most of the actresses that could be up for the role...

the character is usually portrayed as attractive in the comics as well, so I don't see being distracted by her looks, would necessarily take anything away from the character

an unless you're implying you can't take an attractive woman seriously in a professional/intellectual role... I don't really see it as "toxic"

nothing wrong with finding an attractive character, attractive

but, there's obviously a lot more to her character then that... so hopefully people see past more then just looks, if(when) they get an attractive actress in the role

She's a good actor, has a pretty good age (not too young but young enough to have an immature younger brother) and looks the part. I'd be happy if she was cast.
She can be said to be in the same acting league as Lily James. They also share birth year.
Poots hasn't got as much media coverage though (I think), and she never played a "disney princess".
Despite them being the same age, doesn't Poots seem a little more mature? And Lily more youthful?

It's true that it will be nothing but great if Poots gets the role. MCU will have a big talent on their hands then.
The only thing that could seem off is that she maybe have a slight coldness to her. I can't see any warmth in the two pics I posted. She appear to be emotionally distant. Will Susan still be a "motherly" character?

I could see Potts as Sue Storm

imogen-poots-beautiful-in-jean-christophe-husson-photo-shoot-2012-89888.jpg
You picked a better pic of Imogen Poots than I did. But she looks so different that I question if it's really her lol.
No coldness there. She beams like the sun haha

Can you blame me? Really, probably most actresses who could get that role would be somewhat distracting in that way. But there's something unique about Kaley Cuoco, where you would see her on TV every week (or in some cases every day, when I was watching reruns of BBT), you can't help but "notice" her. That makes her especially distracting. But honestly, I preferred Melissa Rauch.
All the actresses mentioned have a big deal of beauty to them. Maybe people aren't really fancasting Susan, but their dream wife lol

Joke aside, I think the character is meant to be beautiful. They didn't previously cast Jessica Alba for no reason.
It's part of the whole thing. That a scientist still can get the most gorgeous woman of them all. Sort of a victory for the "nerds".
I remember this being brought up in a scene in the 2008 film.

Imogen Poots would've been good for Crystal in the Inhumans if Kate Winslet had played Medusa. Then they would genuinely look like sisters.

But Imogen Poots could still star in a Titanic remake or maybe a Titanic prequel before Rose got on the boat.

heard an interesting rumor floating around about Alexandra Daddario...

not a name I've thought of, but, now that I think of it, I don't hate it

whats more interesting about the rumor is that it includes her real life brother {Matthew Daddario} as Johnny... an though I'd prefer a slightly wider age gap between Sue and Johnny,(Alexandra, 36/Matthew, 34) the idea of an actual Brother/sister in the role is intriguing

thoughts?

debunks on the rumor...

suggestions of which Reed (rumored/ or fan-cast) she'd fit best with

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"