The Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation

Fallen Angel

Earth Bound
Reaction score
Exclusive: #SuicideSquad 2 land's writer http://thr.cm/R7O507

Adam Cozad, who wrote The Legend of Tarzan for Warner Bros., is in negotiations to pen the studio’s sequel to Suicide Squad.

The sequel is a priority for the studio, which made overtures to several directors, including Mel Gibson. No filmmakers are currently attached and the studio is focusing on nailing down a story.

David Ayer wrote (and directed) the 2016 movie, which had an all-star cast that included Will Smith, Margot Robbie and Jared Leto. The 2016 movie faced some hurdles during production and was met with somewhat polarizing response, but grossed $745 million worldwide, enough to put a sequel on the fast-track.
Ayer is not returning for the sequel, instead focusing on now developing Gotham City Sirens, a project that reunites him with Robbie and focuses on the female villains of the DC Universe.

Suicide Squad told the story of such villains as Deadshot, Harley Quinn, the Joker, Captain Boomerang and Killer Croc, who are forced into the service of the government in exchange for lighter sentences.

Cozad is known for trafficking in the action and comic book realms. The scribe co-wrote 2014’s Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit that starred Chris Pine and wrote Underwater, the adventure movie that is heating up at Fox with Kristen Stewart coming on board to star.

Cozad also worked on Bloodshot, the adaptation of the Valiant comic book, and The Gray Man, a Charlize Theron spy thriller. His Tarzan, which starred Alexander Skarsgard and Robbie, grossed over $356 million worldwide.
He is repped by ICM Partners, the Gotham Group, and Weintraub Tobin.

That is far from a good pick based on Tarzan and Jack Ryan.

I'm glad they've improved their standards...

:dry:

I'd like to see the Jihad as our villains. They're a metahuman team out of Qurac. The very first set of villains the squad dealt with - Incubus was the second major one. New squad members - Mindboggler, Count Vertigo. Maybe Dr. Light for some comic relief.

So according to Jeff Sneider, Jaume Collet-Serra ( House of Wax, The Shallows, Orphan ) will maybe direct Suicide Squad 2.

The shallows was such a good film and Jaume is a much better idea! To be honest, if I was in a meeting room with the person who suggested Mel Gibson, I would have asked for a quick break, changed the meeting room and not told the person who suggested him.

Honestly I would recommend the shallows to everyone

Jaume is a great candidate I think. Provide him with a great script and I think he could really make something good.

I'd like to see the Jihad as our villains. They're a metahuman team out of Qurac. The very first set of villains the squad dealt with - Incubus was the second major one. New squad members - Mindboggler, Count Vertigo. Maybe Dr. Light for some comic relief.

When Waller was explaining the Squad she did say "The next war will be fought with these metahumans. Ours' or theirs'". Maybe instead of it being a covert mission like in the comic, the Squad could encounter the Jihad in an actual war zone.

Guy Ritchie in the DCEU especially as director for Suicide Squad 2 is perfect...if DC were smart they would nab him as director before Marvel does

What would Marvel take him for? He cannot do the family-friendly, joke-every-five-seconds fantasies they want. He's more suited to, arguably, a Deadpool movie or some other R-rated Fox/Marvel film involving lots of violence and gangsters.

But seconded, Guy Ritchie for SS2 would be AWESOME.

PS: Rocknrolla doesn't get enough love.
rocknrollaquadposterlarge.jpg

Love Guy Ritchie. Grab him, WB. Or Gibson. Either one.

The Shallows was really good, him directing the sequel would be a very good choice

Guy Ritchie, for Suicide Squad? Never would have thought of that, weird idea to digest for me. Could work.

Looking at the good Suicide Squad comics, I'd say the Jihad and Kobra are the way to go. Jihad for the immediate sequel, Kobra for the third one (with some of Regulus for the New 52 thrown in).

Kobra could be really cool. In the comics, he's a fanatic trying to bring about this thing called Kali-Yuga, aka the Age of Chaos. His methodology involves igniting holy war between the muslims and jews in the Middle East. Regulus in the New 52 basically had Kobra's costume, but was running a concentration camp that churned out metahumans.

Jihad being the villain makes sense but then again I wonder how they get the Squad out of jail because given how the last film ended they all ended up back in jail except for Harley because she escaped with her Puddin that being The Joker

So I wonder where that leaves Harley and Joker for the sequel

Another person who's optimistic about a SUICIDE SQUAD sequel is Rick Flag actor Joel Kinnaman, who in a recent interview with The Hollywood Reporter, told the entertainment news outlet that, "As far as I know they’re writing the script, and I think the plan is to shoot it sometime in 2018, but that could change. I think I'll definitely come back for it." Then, when asked about who he would like to see helm the inevitable (and some would say anticipated) sequel, Kinnaman said, "Ultimately, I'd love for David Ayer to direct it, but if he doesn't want to direct it then someone who is great with character and that's able to ground the story and maybe put these characters in a more normal situation. It would be really interesting to see these crazy characters interact with regular people as well."

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/joe...ear-285?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Jihad being the villain makes sense but then again I wonder how they get the Squad out of jail because given how the last film ended they all ended up back in jail except for Harley because she escaped with her Puddin that being The Joker

So I wonder where that leaves Harley and Joker for the sequel

I don't see how they can get the Squad out of prison especially when Waller she basically threw them under the bus and they all ended up back in cages well everyone except for Harley who escaped from prison with her Puddin with Joker as the 2 of them are the only ones who escaped

And given the Suicide Squad mid credit scene with Waller and Bruce Wayne/Batman and him pretty much threatening her to shut down her Suicide Squad or he and his friends that being The Justice League would shut them down for her

http://deadline.com/2017/07/suicide...ner-bros-will-smith-margot-robbie-1202126933/

The Shallows Jaume Collet-Serra has emerged as frontrunner choice to direct Suicide Squad 2, the next installment of the 2016 Warner Bros DC film that grossed $745 million worldwide. The studio looked at a number of filmmakers — Mel Gibson among them — but sources said the studio is focused on Collet-Serra to take the reins of a franchise that has Will Smith, Margot Robbie back in the ensemble

Collet-Serra, the Spanish director who broke into Hollywood with the genre hit Orphan and followed with the hits Non-Stop and The Shallows and has upcoming the 2018 Liam Neeson starrer The Commuter. He is in high demand and recently became attached to Annapurna’s Waco, a drama scripted by Zero Dark Thirty’s Mark Boal and Kubo and the Two Strings’ Marc Haimes about the 1993 standoff between the FBI and Texas state law enforcement and the David Koresh-led Branch Davidians that turned the sleepy town of Elk, just outside of Waco, into a battle zone. A 51-day standoff ended with 76 people dead as the cult’s compound was engulfed by a raging fire.

It's hard for me to even get into my thoughts on who should direct this without diving head-first into my astonishment that Ayer managed to be so off-base with the first attempt. His prior body of work? Seemingly an indicator that he'd excel at this. The cast? Fantastic. The end result? Motherf***ing baffling.

I liked The Shallows, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"