Arrow The Summer Glau/Isabel Rochev thread

Drz

Real Hero
Reaction score
Source!

Isabel_Rochev_001.jpg

In Season 2 of the superhero series, Glau will fill the recurring role of Isabel Rochev, the beautiful (yathink?) and dangerous Vice President of Aquisitions for Stellmoor International, a company looking to take over Queen Consolidated. Previously on the show, her name was glimpsed on Robert Queen’s “list.”

Per DC lore, at least, Isabel fancies herself a bit of a rightful heir to the Queen family business, and as such she will be eager to get Ollie out of her way. (She is also technically a blonde, but if the show so desires, sources tell me we now have the technology to make that happen!)

That's a weird ass costume...

Wow, what a surprise! It's gonna be real interesting.

Assuming if we're going down the route that Season 1 took, I wonder how long it'll take before we see Oliver having some kind of "confession" scene with Glau's character before they end up in bed together as well.lol

SOme are going to make Arrow must be ending since Summer will be on It joke.

It's going to be Intresting to see her on show.

1:Firefly
2:Sarah Connor chronicles(although It got to second season and fox helped killed It by putting It on Fridays midseason of second season)
3:She appeared On DOllhouse's final season(Dollhouse's fate was sealed before she appeared)
4:She appeared on fourth season of chuck(It got to a fifth season)
5:The Cape

On 1-3 It's not her fault Fox mistreats shows.

I don't think Chuck is really a fair example. That thing was lucky it ever got as far as it did, it's not like you can look at it and go "look at what a success it was RIGHT UNTIL Glau made her appearance."

Yeah but some will use that as exmaple.

Getting vet of Joss whedon shows Is a good thing for arrow.

Ah,great.Miss Kiss-of Death has gotta be on the show!Why?*sob* Wwwwhhhhhyyyyy?!?

I could see Summer's character taking advantage of Oliver's fragile emotional state after Tommy's death and seducing him. Do you think that she will be a purely intellectual villain, or a physical one as well. Serenity and Terminator SCC proved that Summer can play a convincing badass.

Also, Isabel may be the woman who Fryers was working for on the island. She could have been plotting against the Queen's even five years ago.

I could see Summer's character taking advantage of Oliver's fragile emotional state after Tommy's death and seducing him. Do you think that she will be a purely intellectual villain, or a physical one as well. Serenity and Terminator SCC proved that Summer can play a convincing badass.
They said we'd get an intellectual villain and a physical villain. Judging from how much they have been influenced by TDK Trilogy, I'm thinking she's going to be like Talia.

Your probably right, I would just like to see Summer kicking butt again, she's good at it. However, seeing her manipulate people will be fun. Personally, I'd like to see Lady Shiva appear as a physical villain. Oliver would really be in trouble if that happened, Cheshire would be good as well.

Now I think they will have her kick some butt. But it will only be when she has to, like in defense and not an attack.

I'll settle for that, it's better than nothing. If she was the one pulling Fryers strings, and Oliver finds out, he may come to hate her more than he ever hated Malcolm.

Now I think they will have her kick some butt. But it will only be when she has to, like in defense and not an attack.

I reckon they'll first introduce her as a demure, non-physical antagonist with the short, surprise revelation to the viewers of her martial prowess during a scene where she gets threatened where she completely trounces her assailant (Arrow, perhaps?).

Do you think that she will be a purely intellectual villain, or a physical one as well. Serenity and Terminator SCC proved that Summer can play a convincing badass.

Put it this way... Miss Glau was once hired to appear on the new, reimagined Hawaii Five-0 to appear as the daughter of a Hawaiian/Asian man. For the sole purpose of a fight scene at the end of the episode.

Yes. In Hollywood, Summer Glau passes for Asian. :woot:

So very happy with this news, have loved Summer since Firefly/Serenity and I was already watching season 2 of this when it came out, even more excited now.

Also, Isabel may be the woman who Fryers was working for on the island. She could have been plotting against the Queen's even five years ago.

Yeah, I'm thinking she is definitely going to be revealed as the legs on the phone to Fryers.

They said we'd get an intellectual villain and a physical villain. Judging from how much they have been influenced by TDK Trilogy, I'm thinking she's going to be like Talia.

I'm not sure as I think this character is who the Lisa casting call was codename for, and that was a character described as Ollie's equal in every way., so she's a fighter as well as intelligent.

The odd thing is that one of the villains is supposed to be someone DC fans will recognize instantly, I don't think that applies to this character.

I'm waiting for the scene where Oliver walks in on her punching and kicking a punching bag just to show she can fight

Think "Batman forever" and Bruce meeting Nicole Kidman

or Jennifer Garner using her sais on the sand bags

I'm not sure as I think this character is who the Lisa casting call was codename for, and that was a character described as Ollie's equal in every way., so she's a fighter as well as intelligent.

Wait... Oliver is supposed to be... intelligent?! He's probably the dumbest guy in the group. :woot:

He's skilled at infiltration tactics and interrogation. He is also knowledgably about psychology and can be very persuasive. He is quite perceptive when he wants to be. Just because he's not a techno-genius like Felicity or a special forced badass like Diggle doesn't mean that he's an idiot.

He's skilled at infiltration tactics and interrogation. He is also knowledgably about psychology and can be very persuasive. He is quite perceptive when he wants to be. Just because he's not a techno-genius like Felicity or a special forced badass like Diggle doesn't mean that he's an idiot.

Oh. I know he's fairly competent. It was more a knock at his at times obviousness and lacking of common sense. :D

It's a superhero show, the main characters being completely clueless from time to time comes with the territory. The comics and movies do it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"