The SUNSPOT shines bright - Henry Saga is the new Roberto DaCosta!

Discussion in 'The New Mutants' started by psylockolussus, Jun 10, 2017.

1. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

I hope the character has more lines this time!:gngl:

2. Mad Ones Bebe le Strange

Henry Zaga...

3. 2kt09 Snyder Rent-Free

4. Weather Witch Registered

:ilv:

5. Leo Zelinsky Mutie

Good luck Hank.... You'll need it!

6. Blade X Registered

Based on the light skin washing casting for Sunspot and Cecilia Reyes, I refuse to pay to watch this film. I hope FOX catch all kinds of hell for this casting and I hope this film flops.

7. Inhuman117 Registered

Than i pray the Movie hits the 800 Mill Mark just to make you unhappy

8. GuestStar2004 Registered

Really? Seriously? lol

9. Leo Zelinsky Mutie

I've seen multiple people say the exact same thing... :-(

10. YoungBlood Registered

See you in April

11. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

What makes you think he will pay for a ticket?

12. GuestStar2004 Registered

Probably because some people over exaggerate.

13. Silvermoth Krakoan native

He sure is cute though

14. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

He was underused in the teaser. :(

15. Nintendo Man Thing

I came in here to complain about the casting a bit as well, but that doesn't change this from being my most anticipated film currently. I'm also annoyed that Hollywood can't seem to ever cast people who look like their comic counterparts. It's not like we have a huge selection of minority comic characters to begin with, and then for them to get it wrong every single time is very frustrating. Even the recent Hellboy reboot had to backtrack after the white actor acknowledged he was miscast and stepped down...

I am more annoyed that they changed Sunspot to "Eclipse" in The Gifted so they could use him here, when they made the effort to cast someone who looks like Adam Canto (Sunspot in DOFP) for The Gifted. Blink also looks pretty close to her DOFP self as well. So the one time I was basically really impressed with Fox for casting look alikes to the DOFP characters (points for continuity!), I find out this isn't Sunspot, it's some new mutant they made for the show. -_-

16. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

Fox has never been 100% faithful to the comics. Even Marvel Studios can get it wrong. Tessa Thompson looks nothing like Valkyrie! And should that make me excited to see her in that comedy film? Heck no!

17. mace1 Registered

There is huge list of poc superheroes in comics however and marvel,dc and other comic companies have been creating new ones every year.I posted some of these lists overtime.Plus some asian,african,latin america countries have creating thier superheroes and comics over the years as well.

18. mace1 Registered

Thor: Ragnarok (2017) is not a comedy film.
    It has humor in it but it's more then just that.
    Like the donner superman movies.

This is what is.
    Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
    Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi | 3 November 2017 (USA)

As for Valkyrie.

Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie:

19. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

I don't care if you're the most talented person, if you don't look the part. Anyway its not like there aren't other characters to fill in, that they need to hire that person for a character that they don't even look like in the comics. They didn't even dye her hair blonde.

20. EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

As much as I like Eclipse in the show, and looks like the "lead" amongst the mutant Underground, it really is disappointing that they couldn't give that role to a character from the comics.

21. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

My thoughts exactly. Like I am still against thatPolaris is getting utilized in a TV show instead of a film that more people would see. But I also think this TV show Is the opportunity for d / c listers that would never appear in the film. Thunderbird and Sage belong to that group so I am fine with their inclusion. Though so far they haven't done anything to Sage and the main focuses of the show aren't even from the comics.

22. SumT Registered

Agreed. Sometimes it really seems like the creative teams of this franchise only care about the comics heroes as background or secondary roles. Like wtf is wrong with them? :huh:

23. x-er Registered

Maybe it was to make them look ghostlier in the darkness of the asylum? *Sigh*
    Fox owes us some Brazilian accent and lines from this guy at the very least, and will owe us a lot more Storm and maybe a black Kyle Jinadu. I am still thinking Noah Trevor and Kit Harrington would be an absurd but dreamy pair-up as Northstar and Kyle. And crazy fan can dream.: p

I never realized until recently that Kit Harrington has a lot of fans in the gay community, which is nothing bad. He's a great actor, really, and he really won a lot of people over in the GoT role.

24. Blade X Registered

Not me. I didn't pay to watch DR. STRANGE because of the racebending of the Ancient One. I stick to my guns when it comes to (intentional or unintentional) racist crap like this.

25. Blade X Registered

Even in X-MEN DOFP they got the casting of Sunspot wrong. Sunspot is supposed to be a dark skinned Afro Latino (Afro Brazilian to be more precise). Him having more prominent Black African features was a major part of the character's background and origin since he was the victim of racism by lighter skinned and/or white looking Brazilians. Which is a real problem in Brazil and throughout Latin America despite a large number of (if not MOST) Latinos (regardless of their skin tone) being at the very least, part Black.