• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

I love the original Halloween. I enjoy a few of the sequels though I don't feel any of them come close to the original. And they've always lost sight of what made the original effective and Myers compelling IMO.
I remember being so hyped for that movie when it came out but then I remembered that entirely stupid storyline he had with Fake Kane.

View attachment 93280

And then the movie came out and it sucked too. lol
Kane was legit scary when he debuted. I recall his origin came from Jim Cornette, a head WWF writer at the time being a huge horror movie fan and wanted to give wrestling it's own Michael Myers.

The OG Halloween is a classic. Simple concept executed perfectly. John Carpenter knows how to keep a movie lean and mean. Sequels essentially range from okay to absolute trash. Of the Myers sequels, Halloween 4 is probably the one I think is best. I also liked H20. Most of the rest are garbage. Some boring garbage, others like the Producers Cut of Curse of Michael Myers are so bad it's entertaining.

The original is a really breezy & tight 90 minute thriller. And there's very little blood in it all. It rides off great atmosphere, suspense and ambiguity. The character gets too Jason-ish in much of the other movies and the siblings, cults, Busta Rhymes and Rob Zombie's ghost wife on the horse are non-sense lol.

The Swifties also doxxed The Kid Mero after they sent the feds at him and sent death threats after Desus and Mero made a joke about her.
Swifties also came for WWE Wrestler Grayson Waller and Youtube animator MeatCanyon

Swifties are definitely most unhinged musician fanbase around right now.

This brings up an interesting conversation. Who are the best musicians-turned-actors? And who are the worst? Will Smith obviously is one of the best (I barely even think of him as a rapper anymore but that is how he started). Lady Gaga is amazing. Queen Latifah is also pretty great. Mandy Moore is decent. And I love me some old Elvis movies.

On the other side of the spectrum, I ****ing hate Mark Wahlberg. Anytime he tries to play anything other than an arrogant Boston cop, he feels completely miscast. Again, it’s easy to forget he was once a rapper but always remember that he once tried to conquer the hip hop world despite being a white racist who committed hate crimes. Speaking of rappers, I never found LL Cool J or Ice Cube to be very good actors (though in the case of the latter, I will always love Friday). Lastly, I think Timberlake is pretty insufferable in everything except The Social Network.
British rappers such as Kane Robinson (Kano) and Ashley Thomas (Bashy) are surprisingly good actors. Bashy did attend the BRITs performing arts school as a theatre student but he got known first for his rapping. Ed Skrein started out as a rapper but now focuses just on acting. Ben Smith (Doc Brown) is a solid actor and comedian.

Harry Styles is a ok actor. Kris Kristofferson and Frank Sinatra were solid actors.

lfg-wolverine-announced-and-omg-v0-d9lm4f65h36d1.jpg

The Chucky movies don't do much for me. Except Cult, enjoyed that one. Felt like they never quite found that it factor. Now, the TV show on the other hand? Absolute gold.
Is it strange that I’ve always found Catherine Hicks, the mom from the first one (and Kirk’s love interest in ST IV) attractive? Even with the bangs.

British rappers such as Kane Robinson (Kano) and Ashley Thomas (Bashy) are surprisingly good actors. Bashy did attend the BRITs performing arts school as a theatre student but he got known first for his rapping. Ed Skrein started out as a rapper but now focuses just on acting. Ben Smith (Doc Brown) is a solid actor and comedian.

Harry Styles is a ok actor. Kris Kristofferson and Frank Sinatra were solid actors.

Oh yeah, I forgot that Skrein was a rapper before he got into acting. I like him a lot. Hopefully Snyder didn’t kill his career.

Kristofferson is great too. Much better actor than a singer, as anyone who has seen the Barbra Streisand version of A Star Is Born knows, haha. On that note, Barbra is pretty great actor and is probably one of the few stars who is equally renowned for her music, her acting and her directing.

I love me some Sinatra too, though some people would argue that he’s a terrible actor (Caravan of Garbage reviewed Ocean’s 11 and referred to him as Plank Sinatra the whole time lol).

Oh yeah, I forgot that Skrein was a rapper before he got into acting. I like him a lot. Hopefully Snyder didn’t kill his career.

Kristofferson is great too. Much better actor than a singer, as anyone who has seen the Barbra Streisand version of A Star Is Born knows, haha. On that note, Barbra is pretty great actor and is probably one of the few stars who is equally renowned for her music, her acting and her directing.

I love me some Sinatra too, though some people would argue that he’s a terrible actor (Caravan of Garbage reviewed Ocean’s 11 and referred to him as Plank Sinatra the whole time lol).
On the reverse, Lauryn Hill was an actor turned musician, having been in Sister Act 2 before releasing an album. She’s possibly one of the best rappers alive today.

If only she would return more to the public eye.

Last edited:
Will be super lame if his mask is CGI in the movie, as Marvel likes to do.
I hope they're not pulling that nonsense this time. It looked terrible in Love & Thunder but I could at least see why they did it there so Hemsworth didn't have to deal with a heavy helmet but in this case there really is no excuse for it not to be practical apart from the eyes.

So Watchmen is a CG animated movie?

It sure sounds like it, was hoping it would be 2D, and match the artwork of Dave Gibbons as closely as possible. Bums me out a bit, but I’ll wait to see how it looks. :csad:

I guess Bryan Singer really had a thing for guys in motorcycle leather, probably should’ve known something was up back then

Seriously Fox, what the hell was so difficult about giving us this YEARS ago?

Hope in the foreseeable future we get a DCU Batsy with expressive CGI white eyes too
View attachment 93342
I really hope they go that route with the DCU Batman. It's time. Deadpool proved that the effect works 8 years ago but by then it would have been too late to incorporate that with Batfleck and it probably wouldn't have fit Battinson's "slightly less grounded than Nolan" aesthetic even though contact lenses with cameras in them are a thing in that world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"