The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

Did it, though? Guess we will see whenever it releases.
Come on!

daredevil-im-daredevil.gif

Did it, though? Guess we will see whenever it releases.
By default, absolutely they did. Daredevil even if it ends up sucking got in front of cameras and is coming out. Blade cannot get that far. So they most definitely got further with Daredevil.

I mean, lack of Karen and Foggy has already doomed it in my mind. But then again, I also am not happy with De Mayo, which puts me in the minority of X fans.

I mean, lack of Karen and Foggy has already doomed it in my mind. But then again, I also am not happy with De Mayo, which puts me in the minority of X fans.
X-Fans only stan tops, Sith. :o

Eh, I aint as pessimistic about the show as some of yall. I think it's at least going to be watchable.
I'm past the days of watching something just because Marvel managed to get it made. They've gotta give me a reason to think it could be good. And so far with Born Again, they've only given me reasons to think the opposite. Hard pass.

I'm past the days of watching something just because Marvel managed to get it made. They've gotta give me a reason to think it could be good. And so far with Born Again, they've only given me reasons to think the opposite. Hard pass.
Hey, I get the mindset. I hit this wall with Star Wars and various other franchises. I haven't got there with the MCU yet. But my brand loyalty to Marvel is closer to yours to DC.

Hey now, I call DC on ALL their bulls***. :funny:
I aint blind to Marvel's, lol! There has been plenty of Marvel BS to go around, just look at Blade! Or the fiasco that has been the FF. I just don't think in Daredevil's case that watching Vince and Charlie share screen time won't at least be good even if the product itself isn't what the Netflix show was.

I aint blind to Marvel's, lol! There has been plenty of Marvel BS to go around, just look at Blade! Or the fiasco that has been the FF. I just don't think in Daredevil's case that watching Vince and Charlie share screen time won't at least be good even if the product itself isn't what the Netflix show was.

And let us not forget Brave New World, in its second round of major reshoots.

And that is a movie I am very worried about. At this point, I am just hoping we get a Hulk vs Red Hulk fight so I can enjoy something in it

I think there is a difference between having a preference and being brand loyal. I don't feel like FC looks for the good in DC projects she doesn't enjoy. I'm the fool who watches all Star Wars. Even to complain. :weeping:

I think there is a difference between having a preference and being brand loyal. I don't feel like FC looks for the good in DC projects she doesn't enjoy. I'm the fool who watches all Star Wars. Even to complain. :weeping:
I try to find the good in anything I watch. If I am dedicating hours of my life to something, I want to enjoy it. But that's different than being an apologist, which I don't think I am. When I watch BS like Secret Invasion, I call them as I see them. Marvel has absolutely hit road bumps in the post Endgame era. But there has also been stuff I enjoy, so I haven't reached that limit yet. Yeah, we got Secret Invasion last year, but we also got Loki season 2. I just focus more energy on the projects I enjoyed.

But that said, definitely the shows need rethinking. But it seems like they're doing that now, but we won't see that reflected likely in some stuff already filmed. So Agatha and Ironheart might feel a lot like the shows have been. But the next wave after I am hoping we see overall improvement

Last edited:
I try to find the good in anything I watch. If I am dedicating hours of my life to something, I want to enjoy it. But that's different than being an apologist, which I don't think I am. When I watch BS like Secret Invasion, I call them as I see them. Marvel has absolutely hit road bumps in the post Endgame era. But there has also been stuff I enjoy, so I haven't reached that limit yet. Yeah, we got Secret Invasion last year, but we also got Loki season 2. I just focus more energy on the projects I enjoyed
I get you. I guess I just don't see it as dedicating hours to something. Which is why I don't feel the need to find things to enjoy in stuff I watch. I just kind of experience it and synapses do the rest. But I also don't have kids, so my free time is very different from a parent like you.

I don't feel like FC looks for the good in DC projects she doesn't enjoy.
Let it be stated for the record: I have b****ed about 85% of all DC projects since 2011. :o

I don't believe in brand loyalty. Because a brand is not one entity - it's a bunch of people with varying degrees of passion, vision and talent. DC has the best characters/stories of all these fictional universes to me, so yes, I feel they have the most potential, but they have also been the absolute WORST at adapting those characters/stories since...pretty much the end of the Nolan trilogy. Every now and then they've had a winner, but they've been few and far between. Even several of the ones considered "winners" by most, I haven't particularly cared for. And then there are a couple that fandom loves to s*** on, that I actually like. I have loved about as much Star Wars as I've disliked at this point. Marvel has been mostly 'meh' to me with the occasional bright spots. There was a time when I thought Pixar could only produce gold. No longer. In short, there are ZERO brands that have earned the benefit of the doubt from me.

These days, just like with comics, I follow the creators, not brands. If the people behind-the-scenes have proven talent and have done stuff I've liked, a project gets my interest until it does something to spoil it. Simple as that.

Which is also adding a brand new character bc, I assume, they wrote him into upcoming scripts and wanna connect it more.

Let it be stated for the record: I have b****ed about 85% of all DC projects since 2011. :o

I don't believe in brand loyalty. Because a brand is not one entity - it's a bunch of people with varying degrees of passion, vision and talent. DC has the best characters/stories of all these fictional universes to me, so yes, I feel they have the most potential, but they have also been the absolute WORST at adapting those characters/stories since...pretty much the Nolan trilogy. Every now and then they've had a winner, but they've been few and far between. Even several of the ones considered "winners" by most, I haven't particularly cared for. And then there are a couple that fandom loves to s*** on, that I actually like. I have loved about as much Star Wars as I've disliked at this point. Marvel has been mostly meh to me with the occasional bright spots. There was a time when I thought Pixar could only produce gold. No longer. In short, there are ZERO brands that have earned the benefit of the doubt from me.

These days, just like with comics, I follow the creators, not brands. If the people behind-the-scenes have proven talent and have done stuff I've liked, a project gets my interest until it does something to spoil it. Simple as that.
To be fair, WB has given yall a lot of material to complain about, lol!

I don't believe in brand loyalty. Because a brand is not one entity - it's a bunch of people with varying degrees of passion, vision and talent. DC has the best characters/stories of all these fictional universes to me, so yes, I feel they have the most potential, but they have also been the absolute WORST at adapting those characters/stories since...pretty much the end of the Nolan trilogy. Every now and then they've had a winner, but they've been few and far between. Even several of the ones considered "winners" by most, I haven't particularly cared for. And then there are a couple that fandom loves to s*** on, that I actually like. I have loved about as much Star Wars as I've disliked at this point. Marvel has been mostly meh to me with the occasional bright spots. There was a time when I thought Pixar could only produce gold. No longer. In short, there are ZERO brands that have earned the benefit of the doubt from me.

It's basically me with Disney+ Star Wars since Mando s2 dropped. There is only so much heavy lifting Andor can do!

Which is also adding a brand new character bc, I assume, they wrote him into upcoming scripts and wanna connect it more.
It looks like damage control to me since people have been clamoring for him to join the MCU in major roles for years. He can't have a major role or anything. The whole thing is odd

I am envious of Flick being able to be hopeful, even excited for a James Gunn Superman movie.

My outlook on X-men is.... less rosy. And it doesn't help that Marvel seems to be doing everything it can to kill my interest in a sequel to two movies I actually really liked.

This is Marvel. We don't start with Dracula. Dracula is our Midnight Sons boss. We have Blade fight one of Dracula's most prominent generals. Whatever Vampire demon character I choose from Wikipedia :o
Dracula is done to death and Marvels version isn't that intresting. Demonic sorceress Lilith was the original head illain in the Midnight Sons comic and would make a great big bad in the movies.

Deacon Frost and Steppin Razor as a secondary antagonist would be my choice for Blade villains. Frost is Blades archenemy.

I can nearly always find some good in anything I watch. That doesn't mean I can't simultaneously be very disappointed with a given project, but once the disappointment has subsided I can enjoy myself with the meagrest of positives. If I really couldn't find positives at all I wouldn't feel any obligation to watch anymore, and that goes x10 for long shows.

If there was no Hype and genre fans to discuss things live with, I wouldn't bother with every geek property like I used to. Life isn't that long and as I've got older and seen many people go or lose their health, far fewer of these projects seem like must-sees and there is a higher value on time relative to quality of leisure and what you could be doing instead. That said, I'll be first in the queue for Venom. :funny:

Edit: I'll give my next cat Eddie as a name and follow it around calling it Eddiiee!! in the Venom voice all day. What more do you need to life, simple pleasures are the best. :beaming:

Dracula is done to death and Marvels version isn't that intresting. Demonic sorceress Lilith was the original head illain in the Midnight Sons comic and would make a great big bad in the movies.

Deacon Frost and Steppin Razor as a secondary antagonist would be my choice for Blade villains. Frost is Blades archenemy.
We just need this guy for the greatest crossover in cinematic history!

morbius.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papapasmurfsmur
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"