The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

Looks they’re using Marvel’s What-if Style for this. What’s anyone here’s thoughts?
Animation is not as bad as I feared it would be when it was reported to be CG. But I'm not particularly excited for this. I'm probably in the minority but I'd rather them do something different than just a straight 1:1 adaptation. I'll still check it out though.

Eh, it's doesn't get me excited when there's already a motion comic that was around when the Snyder movie was out.

Granted it's just one guy doing the voiceover but this looks exactly like the comic.

I liked this but the one guy doing the voices bugged me. It works for an audiobook but it was really distracting for a motion comic.

There's also the loss of Chadwick Boseman and Captain Marvel getting a mixed reception that hurt Marvel Studios.
Yep, absolutely massive loss. He would have been a leading character and the whole MCU would be viewed a bit differently IMO if he were still playing Black Panther. In a different way to Stark and Cap, but up to Endgame the rest of the MCU could have afforded a couple of fails as long as the characters at the top who kind of defined the universe were still there underpinning it, and I think his BP would have helped that.

I maintain that that there is where they should've adapted Secret Invasion. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if that was the plan at one point before the mandate to produce content for Disney Plus came along.
I enjoyed the Marvels but I also wanted a separate Cap Marvel 2, and as you say that would have been a great place for a Secret Invasion story rather than such a big event (which could (should IMO) have had wider spillover effects in the MCU) being consigned to/contained within a forgettable show.

Looks they’re using Marvel’s What-if Style for this. What’s anyone here’s thoughts?
Meh from me right now. Not particularly impressed with the animation style and even less so with Rorschach's voice. Not that it's bad per se but Jackie Earle Haley is a tough act to follow. That said I am curious about the voice cast for this.

But even the prospect of seeing the squid in this doesn't even interest me much since that itch was kind of scratched for me in the beginning of that one episode of the HBO show.

I just wanna know how we get a Watchmem trailer already, but with Batman Caped Crusader that’s supposed to come out in August, we still get zip.

No cast list, no teaser, nothing.

Right?! What gives with that?! How is Amazon not promoting the crap out of that series?

I dont get how these streamers operate, man.

That said, there is one note in the trailer description from Rotten Tomatoes, which states that Adam Driver is part of the voice cast.

If true, who would he voice? Ozymandias, Manhattan?

Driver as Manhattan I could picture pretty well! I’ll take it with salt for now!

If true, who would he voice? Ozymandias, Manhattan?

Driver as Manhattan I could picture pretty well! I’ll take it with salt for now!
Until we get confirmation I'm taking that with a grain of salt. Driver as the voice of Doctor Manhattan would be incredible but I'm not so sure a DTV DC animated movie could afford him either.

I just wanna know how we get a Watchmem trailer already, but with Batman Caped Crusader that’s supposed to come out in August, we still get zip.

No cast list, no teaser, nothing.
It'll just be around for one season and never come back. :o

Starting next week The Acolyte, The Boys, and House of the Dragon will all air simultaneously for weeks to come. I'm not prepared.

I’m tempted to start The Acolyte.

Those fight scenes and POC characters are intriguing me.

Can only imagine the reckless things some of those fans are saying on social media about it. :o

Until we get confirmation I'm taking that with a grain of salt. Driver as the voice of Doctor Manhattan would be incredible but I'm not so sure a DTV DC animated movie could afford him either.

I’ll be disappointed when it’s proven to be false.

I’m tempted to start The Acolyte.

Those fight scenes and POC characters are intriguing me.

Can only imagine the reckless things some of those fans are saying on social media about it. :o

Episode 3 destroyed Star Wars. Somehow.

Looks like I may slowly get through the first three episodes of the Boys this weekend. Episode 1 kind of hit some of my triggers (nothing graphic, though, yeah, it is still quite graphic}

Users who are viewing this thread

• Link
  • Dr.
  • KBX
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"