The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

I’m tempted to start The Acolyte.

Those fight scenes and POC characters are intriguing me.

Can only imagine the reckless things some of those fans are saying on social media about it. :o

Go for it! :highfive: The cast and the fight choreography are really good. It's a mystery show, and it's a bit slow in pace, but I'm excited to see where it goes. I just love how fresh it feels, even if it isn't a slamdunk, at least not yet.

Acolyte is okay. Still not happy that they changed the lore on me in the most recent episode. They were being so good about consistency, that I just don't buy that Jedi were somehow half decent detectives in the prequels to the prequels.

Starting next week The Acolyte, The Boys, and House of the Dragon will all air simultaneously for weeks to come. I'm not prepared.
Hey, I watch exactly 1 of those shows :o

I tried with The Boys and the first four episodes of Invincible, they’re both just not my cup of tea. Which is weird to me because they should be, but they don’t do it for me.

Do love the way they promote The Boys though.

Sidebar, but did you ever get into Shogun on FX? I feel like you’d appreciate that show. I need to finish that one too.
giphy.gif

I'm re-upping Hulu for The Bear so I'm planning to check that out too.

Acolyte is okay. Still not happy that they changed the lore on me in the most recent episode. They were being so good about consistency, that I just don't buy that Jedi were somehow half decent detectives in the prequels to the prequels.
I'm now imagining a Neo Noir where a disgraced Jedi Knight and his Padawan are running a detective agency on Coruscant while he tries to kick his habit of death sticks. :o

Starting next week The Acolyte, The Boys, and House of the Dragon will all air simultaneously for weeks to come. I'm not prepared.
I at least had on my radar (thanks to random Hype posts in random threads) that HotD was due sometime soon. I caught Acolyte on Premiere day and then realised there were 2 episodes and fell asleep while starting the second and still haven’t caught up. Otherwise I quite often seem to find out about new seasons for shows I’m into launching on the day, just as I decide I need to ignore all entertainment to get a bunch of work done that’s been dragging for months. :dry: I used to be super organised and have everything planned in advance at least a year out. :D

I just finished the first three eps of The Boys S4. It's off to a good start but House of the Dragon is the one I'm most hyped for.
They’re both high quality shows to me (you know HotD had to be for people to be excited for something after the GoT ending). I wish Marvel/DC shows hit this level as a matter of course. I question if I’m wasting my time sometimes when so many non superhero shows are so good these days.

Solid first three episodes of The Boys. I like how we're 4 seasons in and everyone is super miserable.
Also I think this season is where they put real life subtext as regular text now. Everything now is very on the nose of what they're parodying in real life....which you'd think wouldn't work but somehow it still does.

And then there's Karen Fukuhara as Kimiko who has done nothing wrong in her life, ever. 😊

dc254d2e44ce7282a030b6f1563a886b490c8bbd.gif

51a13c9e6873bf7162caad44359d4f856b1a1841.gif

I'm more interested in seeing the Assembled episode on Blade than the movie itself at this point.

Episode? They could make an entire series out that by now. Maybe multiple seasons, at the rate they’re going.

I also started the newest season of The Boys today and I agree its pretty great so far. I had no idea it was dropping today either or that Season 5 is going to be the final season but man they haven't missed a beat. I'm still looking forward to the spinoffs though especially if they are quality shows like Gen V.

Also, sadly I can't say I'm all that impressed with that trailer for the animated Watchmen movie either. It just looks and feels super cheap IMO and coincidently I've been revisiting the graphic novel too.

I'll still check it out, but I can't say I'm hyped for it.

Solid first three episodes of The Boys. I like how we're 4 seasons in and everyone is super miserable.
Also I think this season is where they put real life subtext as regular text now. Everything now is very on the nose of what they're parodying in real life....which you'd think wouldn't work but somehow it still does.

And then there's Karen Fukuhara as Kimiko who has done nothing wrong in her life, ever. 😊

dc254d2e44ce7282a030b6f1563a886b490c8bbd.gif

51a13c9e6873bf7162caad44359d4f856b1a1841.gif

Damn she pretty :love: . But the character is great also. I don't have Amazon but have seen the first 3 seasons of TB.

I also started the newest season of The Boys today and I agree its pretty great so far. I had no idea it was dropping today either or that Season 5 is going to be the final season but man they haven't missed a beat. I'm still looking forward to the spinoffs though especially if they are quality shows like Gen V.

Also, sadly I can't say I'm all that impressed with that trailer for the animated Watchmen movie either. It just looks and feels super cheap IMO and coincidently I've been revisiting the graphic novel too.

I'll still check it out, but I can't say I'm hyped for it.
I thought it was the full season dropping for The Boys. In that case I might be able to catch up. I haven’t started any spinoffs. Are there others outside Gen V?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"