The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

I haven't played any of the games either but I love that show so much. Jonathan Nolan, Lisa Joy, and the showrunners basically made a more accessible and fun version of Westworld.

Ab62p91.gif
One of the writers/showrunners co-wrote the Vikander/Goggins 2018 Tomb Raider movie I also liked.

Geneva Robertson-Dworet was born on May 8, 1985 in Los Angeles, California, USA. Geneva is a writer and producer, known for Fallout (2024), Captain Marvel (2019) and Tomb Raider (2018).

So if Deadpool/Wolverine does THAT well at the box office than I’m sorry guys the Multiverse isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. Atleast till A6

Fantastic news. A great way to continue Jaime’s story in the new continuity since we clearly aren’t getting a sequel. I still wonder if he and Supergirl will be in that Teen Titans movie.

MAWS back. Blue Beetle getting a show. LL Cool J dropped a new track with Rick Ross. 25% of my favorite edibles brand. What a great day.

Is this connected to the movie or just gonna use some of the same cast? Good for Blue Beetle. Movie was solid enough and I am glad they're keeping the character around

Is this connected to the movie or just gonna use some of the same cast? Good for Blue Beetle. Movie was solid enough and I am glad they're keeping the character around
The report says it will "build from the movie but divert from telling the same story." So I figure he just already is Blue Beetle at the start and they go from there with the same cast of characters.

Lots of cool topics to get caught up on :word:

Exciting news about Deadpool/Wolverine. I figured the film was good for at least $900 million but it's looking like $1 billion plus is a lock if it can do a quarter of a bil domestically in just its first weekend. I shouldn't be surprised though; Ryan Reynolds is a master marketer and his muscle behind this practically guaranteed a hit...

Speaking of which, I'd love to also see both Joker 2 and Venom 3 hit a billion too. As many folks here have said, competition is a good thing. Not only would three rival studios having billion dollar CBMs in the same year be healthy for the industry as a whole, it would be good for the state of our little hobby here too :swoon:

The chances of Kraven hitting a billion are about the same as angels flying out of my arse so I won't include him in my wish list :oldrazz:

Great news about Blue Beetle. I loved the movie so it makes me happy to see the character carry over into the new DCU :up:

As for Blade, I share in much of the disappointment surrounding the never ending delays. Of all the announced MCU projects, this was the one I was probably looking forward to the most. Mahershala Ali is one of my favourite actors, and after the stellar Werewolf by Night, I was eager to see the darker aspect of the MCU explored further...

giphy.gif

Deadpool opening like that means the multiverse/cameo-driven plotting will not die for the MCU lol but it’ll make money, so that’s good… for the audience, I guess?
If it's what's making money, then it most certainly is going to be what they keep doing. But you want to be smart about it and cash out at the right time. I think it was Futurama where Zoidberg is winning a fortune betting on roulette, but let's it ride 1 too many times and loses all his money. So Marvel would be wise to cash in, do Secret Wars ASAP, and cash out before that bet loses

Last edited:
Very happy about the Blue Beetle news. Hope to see the character pop up in more stuff too and glad he survived the jump to the DCU.

If it's what's making money, then it most certainly is going to be what they keep doing. But you want to be smart about it and cash out at the right time. I think it was Futurama where Zoidberg is winning a fortune betting on roulette, but let's it ride 1 too many times and loses all his money. So Marvel would be wise to cash in, do Secret Wars ASAP, and cash out before that bet loses
Secret Wars is the natural culmination and then that should be it. I don't mind a couple of characters left over as aftereffects like a Spider-Gwen, but the active multiverse should be solved/killed off with Secret Wars IMO.

I realized why that tracking number has me down. Because I totally know who is getting the X-men gig now....

MCU rebooted Xmen is going to be overshadowed by the Pool and Logan, the same way the First Class crew was overshadowed by the OG cast and DP....Jackman and Reynolds are sticking around long term if the want

Feel bad for the guy who will play Logan in the reboot...

Secret Wars is the natural culmination and then that should be it. I don't mind a couple of characters left over as aftereffects like a Spider-Gwen, but the active multiverse should be solved/killed off with Secret Wars IMO.

I really hope they don't 'kill off' the multiverse. It should be written in a way that they don't ever need to go back to doing multiverse stuff again unless a particular story really, really would benefit from it. But the way some people talk about Secret Wars as if it's going to be some amazing victory to see the Avengers wipe out/fail to save trillions upon trillions more people than died in IW just for the sake of having a fresh reset single universe at the end is disturbing and completely misses the point of superheroes. Not to mention how they already made an entire show about how such a singular universe is only even achievable by endlessly murdering innocent people.

Last edited:
I haven't played any of the games either but I love that show so much. Jonathan Nolan, Lisa Joy, and the showrunners basically made a more accessible and fun version of Westworld.

Ab62p91.gif
I've been a huge fan of Bethesda game studios since 2002, and as a fan, it's the best video game adaption ever, imo. Nolans love for the games is so evident in every episode. Can't wait for season 2!

MCU rebooted Xmen is going to be overshadowed by the Pool and Logan, the same way the First Class crew was overshadowed by the OG cast and DP....Jackman and Reynolds are sticking around long term if the want

Feel bad for the guy who will play Logan in the reboot...
Reynolds's Deadpool will be around but I truly believe Jackman will be 100% done with Wolverine after Secret Wars. There is absolutely no reason for him to stick around beyond the novelty of interacting with characters like the real Deadpool and other major MCU characters, Tobey's Spider-Man, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"