The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

On the subject of toxic fans, I still don’t understand why She-Hulk Season 1 had so many incels panties in a proverbial bunch.

That and the enmity towards Brie Larson, I just don’t get it.
I don't really get the hate either.
What cracks me up is those same idiots denounce Disney projects for being "woke" just because there's a woman/POC/both as the lead but then they worship Homelander on The Boys, which is a show that actually is woke but they're too dumb to realize it.
A lot of UK comic writing is satirical. The seventies recession and eighties Thatcherism social upheaval really influenced the writing of the British invasion comic book writers.

It’s taken a while for the summer blockbuster season to start in earnest considering the dual strikes last year, but Inside Out 2 overperforming expectations bodes well for other sequels like Deadpool & Wolverine. Good IP still draws people in.

That is INSANE. That big number for an R rated movie? I hope Disney makes sure to note that in the ads next month.

You can still have the focus on Cyclops without her being in the movie.

The way I see it, Scott and Jean had a break up and his way of getting over it is stepping back in to the Xavier Institute to lead the X-Men and about him getting himself back on track to achieve the dream.

In the middle of that, he may rebound with Psylocke. :o
Scemma shippers are going to come at you boy. :o

If they don't want the OG lineup then the popular lineup is Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Beast, Rogue, Gambit, and Prof. X. Jubilee or Shadowcat can fill a spot.

The O5 lineup is bad. Period. You don't start X-men with that. And pretty much all X media realize it. Even Marvel will, even though all indications show they are going to screw up all the rest of it.

Controvesial opinion. No Cyclops, only Storm for the leader.

On the subject of toxic fans, I still don’t understand why She-Hulk Season 1 had so many incels panties in a proverbial bunch.

That and the enmity towards Brie Larson, I just don’t get it.
She-Hulk cause they thought she was taking over for Bruce as main Hulk.

Brie cause they don’t want to be mad at Kevin Feige. When Feige said Cap Marvel would be the strongest hero in the MCU we’d seen up to that point that’s when they flipped. They were upset with that then when Brie advocated for more POC film reviewers with her “I don’t care about what old white guy thinks about A Wrinkle in Time” comment they used it as an opportunity to direct it all at her.

Last edited:
My thoughts have long been to start with the teen OG 5 in a (staged) battle with Magneto, Chuck, Mags and Bobby get blipped, Marvel Studios fanfare. Now its ten years later, Eric and Chuck are missing and presumed dead, and adult Dr. Jean is trying to get the band back together with some of the old crew, a plucky group of young recruits, no funding and a house (no mansion) in desperate need of renovation.

Scemma shippers are going to come at you boy. :o

If they don't want the OG lineup then the popular lineup is Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Beast, Rogue, Gambit, and Prof. X. Jubilee or Shadowcat can fill a spot.

I’m ready for the Frostitutes!

But for real, let Emma be an enemy first then she can join the X-Men.

I tell ya, this is the winning roster right here:
IMG_9921.jpegIMG_1037.jpeg

There is a reason why they are still to date the highest selling comic of all time.

I can cope with the others but Jean is too core a character for me to want her out in the first film. I want them to build around her, Cyclops, Storm and Beast.

Yeah I need Jean there. But I also want her to be more than just something for Scott and Logan to fight over. She needs to have a prominent character arc.

I've never liked how Logan is so obsessed with a married woman. Especially since he has other love interests. Even assuming all three characters are going to be in the movie, I'd rather they just drop the love triangle thing.

I've never liked how Logan is so obsessed with a married woman. Especially since he has other love interests. Even assuming all three characters are going to be in the movie, I'd rather they just drop the love triangle thing.

I'm hoping that since Fox made Logan/Jean a big part of their movies, Marvel Studios will go a different route.

So is Tomb of the Dragon Emperor :o It is seriously like....the blandest blockbuster ever. That movie is my nightmare of what a bad Castlevania movie would end up being
It reminds me of LXG. Basically the same exact issues. They even have the same actor playing the villain.

Yeah I need Jean there. But I also want her to be more than just something for Scott and Logan to fight over. She needs to have a prominent character arc.
Agreed. She should be built up as a central leadership character and if X-Men are successful enough and go on for a number of films, maybe get to take charge of a team like in the comics. I don’t need any nod to the Logan Jean thing either this time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"