The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

I've never liked how Logan is so obsessed with a married woman. Especially since he has other love interests. Even assuming all three characters are going to be in the movie, I'd rather they just drop the love triangle thing.
Drop that and all love triangles ever, thanks.

Rewatching X-Men TAS, Logan had way better chemistry with Storm in that one two parter where their alternate selves were lovers than he ever did with Jean. Towards Jean he comes off more like a creepy stalker.
Since 90;s Marvel was too cowardly to introduce T'Challa, it only makes sense. :o

Lots of cool topics to get caught up on :word:

Exciting news about Deadpool/Wolverine. I figured the film was good for at least $900 million but it's looking like $1 billion plus is a lock if it can do a quarter of a bil domestically in just its first weekend. I shouldn't be surprised though; Ryan Reynolds is a master marketer and his muscle behind this practically guaranteed a hit...

Speaking of which, I'd love to also see both Joker 2 and Venom 3 hit a billion too. As many folks here have said, competition is a good thing. Not only would three rival studios having billion dollar CBMs in the same year be healthy for the industry as a whole, it would be good for the state of our little hobby here too :swoon:

The chances of Kraven hitting a billion are about the same as angels flying out of my arse so I won't include him in my wish list :oldrazz:

Great news about Blue Beetle. I loved the movie so it makes me happy to see the character carry over into the new DCU :up:

As for Blade, I share in much of the disappointment surrounding the never ending delays. Of all the announced MCU projects, this was the one I was probably looking forward to the most. Mahershala Ali is one of my favourite actors, and after the stellar Werewolf by Night, I was eager to see the darker aspect of the MCU explored further...

View attachment 93537

I'm sure many are by this point tired of Reynolds but it's refreshing to me to see someone who so obviously enjoys what they're doing rather than turning up for a paycheque. If these numbers turn out to be in any way accurate it will be a great result for CBMs and show that there is some life in the corpse yet.

I'd had enough of Deadpool after 2 but the chemistry between Reynolds and Jackman is going to bring the best of buddy cop duos to CBMs, it could be a mix that works really well. Like Deadpool 2, I'd also had my fill of Joker after the first film (although I rewatched Deadpool 1 on disc about 50 times), but Gaga like Jackman got me right back in. Venom is a separate case as 10s of billions are guaranteed on opening weekend with the all round excellence on show in every aspect that that franchise brings. :beaming:

I'm not expecting a whole lot from Kraven but some ATJ poses are giving me some hope that there might at least be a small chance it brings an iota of Venom magic.

I'm super-happy for Blue Beetle/Xolo. I was worried he'd get lost in the transition to the DCU with his film coming out at an unfortunate time, so this is great news and I hope he is eventually announced to be in other DCU projects down the line.

Blade is a huge disappointment. I so wanted that Midnight Sons corner of the MCU and it could have started a regular feature on the Halloween calendar. As you say Werewolf by Night was an amazing start but it won't work if projects like this come out, are well received and then we get nothing more for 6/7 years.

Since 90;s Marvel was too cowardly to introduce T'Challa, it only makes sense. :o
Wasn't he in the 90s Fantastic Four show? I'm not a big Fantastic Four fan so it has been decades since I've seen it, but I seem to remember him in it.

Oh he's waiting for Mahershala to drop out.

giphy.gif

Speaking of Jackman, would you guys think less of me if I told you after all these years I still haven’t seen Van Helsing?

I saw Swordfish though!
Oof...I was so disappointed by that movie.
You're not missing much unless you want to see the worst Dracula put to film besides the one from Blade Trinity.
There’s absolutely no reason to ever watch it.

I can’t believe you guys are making me defend Van Helsing, but, look, the Werewolf designs are absolutely peak. Just the best there’s ever been.

I can’t believe you guys are making me defend Van Helsing, but, look, the Werewolf designs are absolutely peak. Just the best there’s ever been.
IMO the American Werewolf in London design is the gold standard but the Van Helsing designs were good enough that it should be the blueprint for modern werewolves in movies.

I was excited for it before it came out and then after hearing it wasn’t too hot didn’t catch it till years later on cable. I was entertained. :D

I was excited for that movie when it was coming out. Then i saw it opening day, hated it. But it came out on a Holiday weekend, and my mom wanted to see it. So I saw it again a few days later. I lived in NY at the time and I visited my dad for a couple weeks in the Summer in Ohio. He wanted to see it. I had to watch this miserable piece of garbage 3 times in the theater :dry:

I think what would move Van Helsing up to merely "forgettable" rather than just "bad" would have been if it had a better Dracula because I have no idea wtf Richard Roxburgh was trying to do there.
Might have helped if they hired real writers and not a toddler with a crayon :o

Van Helsing had Kate Beckinsale in it, that is reason enough to defend it!
I've never really thought about it but is The Aviator the only objectively good movie Kate Beckinsale has ever been in? Sure, the Underworld series has its fans, I'm sure there are people out there who liked Pearl Harbor and I personally thought Click was one of Adam Sandler's better movies but The Aviator is the only one of her movies that was really universally acclaimed.

Oh he's waiting for Mahershala to drop out.

giphy.gif

I can't believe Marvel hasn't even considered it. All they have to do is make old man Blade movie with Wes, have the previous movies exist (ala Marvel Netflix... maybe pretend Blade 3 didn't exist) put some multiverse explanation as to why he's connected with the MCU... and get a great horror action director in the helm and just let them cook. It'll make bank because everybody wants to see that sh**.

For me personally, I want Wesley Snipes to team up with Timo Tjahjanto.

I can't believe Marvel hasn't even considered it. All they have to do is make old man Blade movie with Wes, have the previous movies exist (ala Marvel Netflix... maybe pretend Blade 3 didn't exist) put some multiverse explanation as to why he's connected with the MCU... and get a great horror action director in the helm and just let them cook. It'll make bank because everybody wants to see that sh**.

For me personally, I want Wesley Snipes to team up with Timo Tjahjanto.

I'm sure that it would have been an easier decision if Snipes wasn't such a nightmare to work with on Blade Trinity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"