The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

I honestly never thought they were going to be able to top the first two Blade movies anyways since those films came out at the perfect time and in an entirely different era but this is just embarrassing.

We got so many quality vampire shows out here too like Interview with the Vampire and What We Do in the Shadows and I would even put Castlevania and Let the Right One In on there as well.

There's plenty of inspiration and talented writers out there that I'm sure can at least come together to make a decent Blade movie but for some reason they are struggling even getting that right.

I'm just sad to see this become such a HUGE waste of time for all the people involved, but the vampire genre will be fine going forward because its stronger than ever right now.

Also, hopefully, that Coogler/MBJ vampire flick ends up being great.

I honestly never thought they were going to be able to top the first two Blade movies anyways since those films came out at the perfect time and in an entirely different era but this is just embarrassing.

We got so many quality vampire shows out here too like Interview with the Vampire and What We Do in the Shadows and I would even put Castlevania and Let the Right One In on there as well.

There's plenty of inspiration and talented writers out there that I'm sure can at least come together to make a decent Blade movie but for some reason they are struggling even getting that right.

I'm just sad to see this become such a HUGE waste of time for all the people involved, but the vampire genre will be fine going forward because its stronger than ever right now.

Bruh, it breaks my heart that not enough people in the world are watching Interview With The Vampire. Literally one of the best television shows on the air.

Praying we get a season 3.

She-Hulk cause they thought she was taking over for Bruce as main Hulk.

Brie cause they don’t want to be mad at Kevin Feige. When Feige said Cap Marvel would be the strongest hero in the MCU we’d seen up to that point that’s when they flipped. They were upset with that then when Brie advocated for more POC film reviewers with her “I don’t care about what old white guy thinks about A Wrinkle in Time” comment they used it as an opportunity to direct it all at her.

They're doing the same disingenuous misquoting with Amandla Stenberg and The Acolyte. There's an interview clip from years ago, and she's talking about The Hate U Give in it. In the cut clip, she's saying something about "white people crying" being one of the objectives of the project. In *those* circles, this has been misconstrued as her making fun of Star Wars fans, when in reality she's not even talking about The Acolyte. On top of that, they've entirely removed the context of what she's saying, which is that she was happy to see white people crying after the movie, because the point of the project was to cultivate empathy in people. It's the biggest nothingburger imaginable, but you better believe these "fans" are running with it.

Bruh, it breaks my heart that not enough people in the world are watching Interview With The Vampire. Literally one of the best television shows on the air.

Praying we get a season 3.
I hope we do. We need a much better adaptation of Queen of the Damned. The movie was awful. :(

I've never really thought about it but is The Aviator the only objectively good movie Kate Beckinsale has ever been in? Sure, the Underworld series has its fans, I'm sure there are people out there who liked Pearl Harbor and I personally thought Click was one of Adam Sandler's better movies but The Aviator is the only one of her movies that was really universally acclaimed.

I always liked serendipity

But the MCU Defenders are these guys:

View attachment 93715
I'm going to give you the benefit of a doubt and assume you left someone out of there by accident. :o

giphy.gif

Shang-Chi a street level Marvel superhero or is he going to be a formal Avenger level guy?

And what about Punisher? Is he part of the Defenders too?
:hmm:

It's funny.

The thing that Luke Cage and Iron Fist have in common is that both shows' supporting cast were WAY better than the titular heroes.

IMO of course.
Iron Fist goes without saying, though I couldn't really stand most of the supporting cast besides Colleen. But poor Mike Colter never had a chance against the likes of Mahershala and Alfre Woodard.

Shang-Chi a street level Marvel superhero or is he going to be a formal Avenger level guy?

And what about Punisher? Is he part of the Defenders too?
:hmm:
I think it's their intention to make Shang-Chi an Avenger just going off that post-credits scene with Bruce and Carol. Even if it's sort of done in the same way as Spidey where he's handling street level stuff until he gets dragged into a bigger fight.

Might as well make Punisher an Avenger too, I think Howard the Duck is technically a member just by participating in the final battle in Endgame so why not Frank? :o

Iron Fist goes without saying, though I couldn't really stand most of the supporting cast besides Colleen. But poor Mike Colter never had a chance against the likes of Mahershala and Alfre Woodard.

I think it's their intention to make Shang-Chi an Avenger just going off that post-credits scene with Bruce and Carol. Even if it's sort of done in the same way as Spidey where he's handling street level stuff until he gets dragged into a bigger fight.

Might as well make Punisher an Avenger too, I think Howard the Duck is technically a member just by participating in the final battle in Endgame so why not Frank? :o
How Howard hasn't gotten a TV show with She-Hulk and Squirrel Girl is beyond me.

Mr. The Duck was supposed to get a TV show as Loeb’s last gasp transitioning of Marvel Television to animation before Ike got aced. I’ve enjoyed what actually did get made, Hit Monkey and Modok.

He was at his best when interacting with Mike Colter. They had solid chemistry, as Power Man and Iron Fist should.
Yeah the scenes in Luke Cage season 2 were peak, that was the Iron Fist we should've gotten. Really, the writers of Luke Cage understood Iron Fist better than the writers of his own show. :o

Blade 2 gave us The Strain, so yeah. :o

I've never really thought about it but is The Aviator the only objectively good movie Kate Beckinsale has ever been in? Sure, the Underworld series has its fans, I'm sure there are people out there who liked Pearl Harbor and I personally thought Click was one of Adam Sandler's better movies but The Aviator is the only one of her movies that was really universally acclaimed.
IMG_4773.gif

First look of Robert Pattinson in The Penguin just dropped, beware for spoilers:

GQPuHUwWQAA8Dqy.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"