The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

Yeah.

But hell, if they could shelve a completed Batgirl movie, they could buy out a Muschietti contract. :sneeze:
I'm at the point where they could have a fourth grade classroom making The Brave and the Bold and I still wouldn't give a ****. Reeves's Batman is the one I'm more invested in moving forward and all I really need from the DCU Batman is a decent actor playing him and that he plays nice with the other heroes.

I am still of the mind that Pattinson should be the DCU Batman. Keep him siloed to the degree Reeves and Robert desire and have him pop in for cameos in whatever team ups Gunn is planning down the road. He could be the fella providing information from the shadows - They are actually White Martians and vulnerable to fire! It was Lex Luthor who stole the 40 cakes! - while getting a pledge from his fellow supes to not get involved in his mission to Keep Gotham Weird.

I'm at the point where they could have a fourth grade classroom making The Brave and the Bold and I still wouldn't give a ****. Reeves's Batman is the one I'm more invested in moving forward and all I really need from the DCU Batman is a decent actor playing him and that he plays nice with the other heroes.
The DCU Batman is important to me still as unfortunately the Reeves batman might be done after the next film. A shame as I was hoping Reeves would stay on for tons of films and oversee other projects in the Gotham he created. Probably wasn't realistic but he seemed so enthusiastic about it all, and the DCU is probably bringing that to a halt. :waa:

I am still of the mind that Pattinson should be the DCU Batman. Keep him siloed to the degree Reeves and Robert desire and have him pop in for cameos in whatever team ups Gunn is planning down the road. He could be the fella providing information from the shadows - They are actually White Martians and vulnerable to fire! It was Lex Luthor who stole the 40 cakes! - while getting a pledge from his fellow supes to not get involved in his mission to Keep Gotham Weird.

I am confident that Reeve's and Gunn's stuff are not compatible. So why try to force it.

I'd love for some set of unlikely circumstances to have made that a possibility (Kravtiz and Farrell too). IF Pattinson was enough of a Batfan and was ok with this being the franchise that funded all his smaller passion projects then maybe there might have at least been a tiny chance. Once Reeves was done would there have been anything stopping Gunn and co making a ridiculous offer to Pattinson? (especially if The Batman exploded)

I know this isnt the right thread for this but COTDAMN at Inside Out 2 busting the box office wide open.

I tell you boy, the box office trends these past couple years has been fascinating to watch. May was an absolute disaster for Hollywood and now Bad Boys and Pixar have come to save the day in June.

I am confident that Reeve's and Gunn's stuff are not compatible. So why try to force it.

Gunn absolutely shouldn't try to force anything. But could he take his time, be gentle, and come to a payoff that Reeves and Pattinson would find satisfying? It's a sticky situation, but that's why James is paid the big bucks.

I just think it is awfully challenging in the current environment to maintain one successful live action version of a character, let alone two. Batman's in a different class of supe, but still. Having a beloved Batman already in the DCU (sorta) takes the pressure off of the Superman reboot even if Pattinson's only job in the new connected universe is to provide his fellow heroes with Intel while telling them to stay the hell out of Gotham.

Last edited:
Yea I think Pattison's Batman could work within the DCU, but I think it would be better to leave Matt Reeves do his stuff first and slowly integrate him in later. With the Flash bombing and zero news on BatB for awhile, I assumed that was potentially going to happen. But now with this news, I'm not sure how likely that would be.

Last edited:
Yea I think Pattison's Batman could work within the DCU, but I think it would be better to leave Matt Reeves do his stuff first and slowly integrate him in later. With the Flash bombing and zero news on BatB for awhile, I assumed that's what was potentially going to happen but now with this annoucement, I'm not sure.

The only thing holding me back from Battinson in the DCU is Damian. I know dude is 38, but I don't see him as a father just yet.

The only thing holding me back from Battinson in the DCU is Damian. I know dude is 38, but I don't see him as a father just yet.
I think it could work if they use the idea that Damien is an aged up test tube baby. What I don't know is if they make it so he's the first Robin, which imo, would be odd. If they don't adapt Jason or Tim, at the very least, I'd like Dick to have existed and been a Robin first. But not sure if they'd be able to squeeze that in.

Just remember, Reeves and Pattinson did not sign up to have to share creative space. And come one, listen to what Pattinson has said, do you really think he has any interest in doing it outside of Reeve's control?

Frankly, Gunn should leave Batman to Reeves.

I think it could work if they use the idea that Damien is an aged up test tube baby. What I don't know is if they make it so he's the first Robin, which imo, would be odd. If they don't adapt Jason or Tim, at the very least, I'd like Dick to have existed and been a Robin first. But not sure if they'd be able to squeeze that in.

Not starting with Dick as Robin is a choice, but Damian is definitely a character that tracks with Gunn and his predilections so I'm not surprised he'll be up first.

Which sucks because after all this time waiting to see the Batfamily again in a live action movie, we get this bloodthirsty ninja kid (who will also be with the Titans) and robbed of seeing Dick's growth from Boy Wonder to Nightwing.

Poor Tim will never get his moment in the live action sun, we'll probably see Duke before him.

I think the Robin issue is just hard to show on live action unless it's a singular movie. A sequel, 4 years later and you got Stranger Things going on.

Just remember, Reeves and Pattinson did not sign up to have to share creative space. And come one, listen to what Pattinson has said, do you really think he has any interest in doing it outside of Reeve's control?

Frankly, Gunn should leave Batman to Reeves.
No I don't, which is why I'm thinking it's not going to happen. I'm just saying integrating him in the DCU wouldn't be hard to do if they decided to go down that route (after letting Reeves do his thing first).

And tbh, even if Pattison were to step away after Reeves is done, that doesn't mean they couldn't use The Batman movies as a foundation for the DCU Batman with someone else. If they are already saying there's going to be a seperate Batman actor for the DCU, why not not just make it the Reeve's version but later down the road?

Poor Tim will never get his moment in the live action sun
Agreed. While I like Damien, I feel Tim has definitely got the short end of the stick the last 15 or so years.

With Gunn looking like he is heading towards a version of the1980s BWAHAHA! JLI for his all star superhero mashup - Maxwell Lord, Metamorpho, Guy Gardner and Booster Gold are already in the mix - Ted Kord could fill in for Bats as the team's money and gadget man. Hand Pattinson a bag to come in for one day of shooting, one punch Nathan Fillion, and tell the rest of the team they will also get a gauntlet to the shnozz if they step one foot into Gotham. Then Reeves and Robert can have a superhero free The Batman II, III and IV: The Quest for Peace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"