The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

Hems had better be playing Duke. He’s too perfect for that role to be cast as anyone else.

Then again, this is the an amalgamation of the Transformers/GI Joe franchise. Bad choices are kinda what they do. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s cast as Shipwreck or someone else lol.
He kinda already played Duke in the extraction movies though
I wouldn't mind if he was Destro or another villain... he might've gotten a taste for it with Furiosa

Star Wars: The Accolyte now has a 14% user score on rotten tomatoes, and a 3.5/10 on IMDB.

I want to believe that everybody should be encouraged to like or dislike whatever they want, but this does seem like an exaggerated level of hatred. And I'm someone who has probably written hundreds of posts here and elsewhere that are critical of the direction under Kennedy, but ... that's an absurdly low score. It's not that bad.

I feel like the show ... feels like it takes place in the Star Wars Universe, and as such is an upgrade over the sequels in terms of setting.

I might just have low standards. I also enjoyed movies nearly everybody else hated like Rebel Moon and Battle Angel Alita. Maybe those and The Accolyte are just objectively execrable, and I'm simply an uncultured heathen. That is more likely than the problem being with a large mass of people.

Hems had better be playing Duke. He’s too perfect for that role to be cast as anyone else.

Then again, this is the an amalgamation of the Transformers/GI Joe franchise. Bad choices are kinda what they do. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s cast as Shipwreck or someone else lol.
For what it's worth, the last two Transformers franchise entries were steps in the right direction from the Bay movies. Bumblebee is a good movie and Rise of the Beasts was entertaining and significantly better than any other movie in the franchise apart from Bumblebee and maybe the first Transformers movie.

For what it's worth, the last two Transformers franchise entries were steps in the right direction from the Bay movies. Bumblebee is a good movie and Rise of the Beasts was entertaining and significantly better than any other movie in the franchise apart from Bumblebee and maybe the first Transformers movie.

Yeah, I would agree with that. Though I think Beasts still suffered from a lot of the same problems the Bay movies had (nonsensical story elements, chaotic CGI final battle where it’s hard to tell what’s going on, psychotic Optimus Prime). Still, it’s better than any GI Joe movie. That franchise has nowhere to go but up after that horrid Snake Eyes prequel.

Yeah, I would agree with that. Though I think Beasts still suffered from a lot of the same problems the Bay movies had (nonsensical story elements, chaotic CGI final battle where it’s hard to tell what’s going on, psychotic Optimus Prime). Still, it’s better than any GI Joe movie. That franchise has nowhere to go but up after that horrid Snake Eyes prequel.
I completely forgot about the Snake Eyes prequel and thought the last G.I. Joe movie was Retaliation.

I haven't watched Acolyte, and it's not for whatever controversy the grifters are on about. I haven't watched a single review. I am just down on the overall brand and I am watching other things and playing games instead. I simply don't care lol

Both franchises are at what, maybe 30% hits vs. misses?

and with Hemsworth's track record for picking movies, it doesn't give me a ton of hope

Dude needs a new agent... he's a much better actor than most of his roles would lead one to believe

Both franchises are at what, maybe 30% hits vs. misses?

and with Hemsworth's track record for picking movies, it doesn't give me a ton of hope

Dude needs a new agent... he's a much better actor than most of his roles would lead one to believe

I like the Extraction movies a lot and Furiosa was awesome even if it flopped. I also really liked him in Bad Times at the El Royale.

But I do agree that he needs better advice when picking roles. Spiderhead was a waste of time (even if he was good in it). I never saw that MIB reboot he did but I heard nothing but bad things. And now he’s going to be in Matthew Vaughn’s next extremely derivative spy movie (called Project X… apparently Vaughn couldn’t even be bothered to give it an original title this time around).

Side note, Matthew Vaughn needs to stop doing spy movies. He’s ruining that genre.

Star Wars: The Accolyte now has a 14% user score on rotten tomatoes, and a 3.5/10 on IMDB.

I want to believe that everybody should be encouraged to like or dislike whatever they want, but this does seem like an exaggerated level of hatred. And I'm someone who has probably written hundreds of posts here and elsewhere that are critical of the direction under Kennedy, but ... that's an absurdly low score. It's not that bad.

I feel like the show ... feels like it takes place in the Star Wars Universe, and as such is an upgrade over the sequels in terms of setting.

I might just have low standards. I also enjoyed movies nearly everybody else hated like Rebel Moon and Battle Angel Alita. Maybe those and The Accolyte are just objectively execrable, and I'm simply an uncultured heathen. That is more likely than the problem being with a large mass of people.
It's because the gay.

Zaslav better be getting heat! What a bargain WBD shareholders got paying him a fortune to tank their holdings.
His main issue is that he didn't have the financial muscle to buy WBD, the company and Paramount basically have the same problem in that they are not diversified and are heavily in debt and relying on traditional entertainment alone is very difficult now for a company to show growth.

I haven't had a chance to watch Acolyte yet. I just really haven't had any time this month. Prior to this though I thought the Star Wars shows overall have ranged from fine to fantastic. So I'm certainly willing to give it a chance. The track record is better than for the Marvel shows.

I have only seen the first episode of the acolyte, it wasnt bad, I didnt go into thinking it was going to change the world, Disney is basically giving us a show 100 years before the Empire, so there isnt going to be alot of surprises, we as an audiance should know going in what the eventual outcome will basically be, all it is here to do is fill in some gaps leading up to the clone wars, why are the jedi not as powerful when palpatine rises, etc.
I will watch the other episodes and go in with a open mind, sadly, least on facebook the never ending crying and whining is a sad state of the fandom, they were whining before the first episode even premired, and claiming star wars is some how now dead because of a show that gives the audiance a view of a wider universe and story is short sighted and plan ignorant, Star Wars is far from dead, we can have a legit conversation about poor writing or what story telling, but from what ive seen from the complaints, its racism, men hating that is a female lead series, which seems to be every complaint about a show lately, vailed in "woke" or "dialog" complaints, when you really break down the comments or hate its usually one of the first 2 i mentioned, its a TV show, nothing about it should garner this kind of outcry, like or not, complaining will not change anything and only makes people look like sad, online trolls and thats something is just a sad existence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"