The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

I dont so much care what the roster is as much as the overall vision for the characters. Use whoever you want, just tell a good story

If they can succeed with a similar roster to 97 and then bring in the rest of the main characters within the next 2 films I’ll be happy. I’m in no way taking it for granted that we’ll get any sequels, and a positive reception/box office is not at all guaranteed any more. But we live in hope. :cwink:

Learning Spider-Man is the fourth biggest movie franchise:

dancing-spiderman-gif.gif
According to this, Spider-Man is # 2...

But the catch is that they include the Venom movies, Morbius and Madame Web. So hey, congratulations to Morbius and Madame Web for being part of the second biggest franchise of all time by default. :o

But the catch is that they include the Venom movies, Morbius and Madame Web. So hey, congratulations to Morbius and Madame Web for being part of the second biggest franchise of all time by default. :o

My source is Box Office Mojo. :o

Are they including Joker's numbers in Batman. Probably should by that logic.

Are they including Joker's numbers in Batman. Probably should by that logic.
Yes, same with Catwoman. Also, The Killing Joke and Batman and Harley Quinn which both had limited theatrical releases. In this particular case I'd go with Box Office Mojo because the Wikipedia article just threw everything at the wall.

Batman & Robin in 97' is the first movie I can recall seeing in a movie theater. I was obsessed with it as a wee one.

I also went to a screening of it again last summer, which technically now may make me the only person in the world that seen B&R in the cinema more than once:lol:

There's two things I remember distinctly about B&R.

One being my father and I getting to the theater extremely late because he couldn't find a parking space and by the time we got in, this part was on:
3fgm7deydyo91.jpg

And the other being that before the movie came out, I remember getting this at the Scholastic book fair in school:
3336017.jpg

Kids today will never know.

And the other being that before the movie came out, I remember getting this at the Scholastic book fair in school:
View attachment 94288

Kids today will never know.
You have me recalling that a random lady gifted me a book at the bus stop afterwards. I'm going to guess this was the one. I cut the pictures out and taped them on my bedroom wall.
s-l1200.webp

Couple random thoughts for a Sunday afternoon...

Prime Video has Madame Web on sale to rent for only $2.99 so I thought, why not? It's cheaper for me to watch it this way than to re-up my Crave membership for a month which costs $22 here in Canada...

I have 30 days to start watching it so I'll book some time next weekend. We have our long Canada Day weekend coming up so I'll spend part of it with Cassie, Julia, Anya, Mattie, and Ezekiel. Hope I don't regret this decision :oldrazz:

I wonder if we're gonna be getting a Fantastic Four schedule delay sometime soon? It's looking less and less likely that Blade will be making that November 7 release date next year so there's an open slot in the schedule, and traditionally films that kick off the holiday season can demonstrate long legs at the box office. Sadly though the November release date didn't do much for The Marvels last year...

As I've said before, something's telling me that Superman is going to do very well next summer, and historically speaking it's never wise to bet against a new Jurassic Park (World) film either. Marvel might be wise to postpone Fantastic Four until early November, which will give it a few weeks of breathing room before Zootopia 2 drops and then Avatar 3 sucks all the oxygen out of the room on December 19...

Lastly, I'm thinking of doing a Superman Returns re-watch sometime soon. I recently bought a digital copy on Prime for only five bucks, and I've only seen the movie once several years ago. I remember not thinking much of it at the time so I'm curious to see how it plays with fresh eyes. Plus, I intend to bone up on as much Superman media as I can before Gunn's film drops next summer :supes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"