Comics The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Peter has to be in the comics even if the movie features him. Truthfully though I feel like they're just trying to throw us off. I really can't see how they replace Peter in one issue...and don't bring up Avenging 15.1 because they've said that is Superior Spider-Man, so it won't be a set up for him.

I don't think Peter has to be in the comics even if the movie features him. Truthfully though I feel like they're just trying to throw us off. I really can't see how they replace Peter in one issue...and don't bring up Avenging 15.1 because they've said that is Superior Spider-Man, so it won't be a set up for him.

In principle, I agree. Even though I hate the "Peter Parker fans will fade away" rubbish, I don't think Marvel has to ape everything the movies do just for the sake of... however their track record says otherwise. I think fans can be forgiven for guessing that might happen.

Avenging Spider-Man #18 cover by Marco Checchetto

1354994748622.jpg

EDIT: Bigger version:

JGNtQ.jpg

Last edited:
I've noticed that they are sometimes drawing the web lines on the mask wrong (according to the new look Superior Spider-Man sketches...)

The cover of the JQ #1 variant has a classic Spidey mask whereas some of the other art has the webs inverted...

Last edited:
At the very least, based on the artwork from Superior Spider-Man #6, this seems to suggest that not only do the Avengers realize that the Superior Spider-Man is not Peter Parker, but that Superior Spider-Man won't be Doc Ock pretending to be Peter Parker/Spider-Man either.
That's what i'm thinking too, From those interiors it looks like they're viewing him as a sort of problem there

I've noticed that they are sometimes drawing the web lines on the mask wrong (according to the new look Superior Spider-Man sketches...)

The cover of the JQ #1 variant has a classic Spidey mask whereas some of the other art has the webs inverted...

Actually the Quesada cover has the right pattern, it's just upside down. :funny:

So I just looked over the Wacker interview from yesterday, and this caught my attention:

"The first time you're going to see Superior Spider-Man dealing with more of the Marvel Universe is at the end of "Daredevil" #21 this month."

Daredevil #21 comes out December 19th... so.... does this mean we're going to see the new Spider-Man... before ASM #700 is even out?

Heh heh... wow... what a sales boost for DareDevil #21... though everybody should be reading it... :up:

:yay:

Having said that... I think I'll tuck DD #21 aside for a week... just in case there are spoilers in the issue...

:csad:

Hey guys, I just noticed a little something peculiar when reading Amazing Spidey volume 1 issue 8, with the Living Brain. Basically, the robot just malfunctioned and was mowing over anything that came in its way. However...
Superior-Page-2.jpg

See the living brain here? It's not as if it'll just up and attack Spidey again, especially if it's not the same Spidey. Perhaps there's more to this than we previously expected?

Anyone else see this?

Last edited:
Notice that Peter says that the gold octobot hacked into his brain and rewrote it with Doc Ock's brain patterns, and then did the reverse to Doc Ock. While the issue doesn't actually state it outright, that technically means that Peter is still Peter, only now he literally thinks like Doc Ock and Doc Ock is still Doc Ock only he now literally thinks like Peter, meaning there wasn't a literal swapping of minds. Because brain patterns are not synonymous with a mind.

[/spoiler]
That
http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=24693487&postcount=40
Great minds think alike? :yay:

Really digging the Shocker art. Can't wait to see it coloured.

Is that a building dedicated to Marla Jameson? We haven't seen that before, have we?

Wacker's being deliberately provocative. He knows Pete will be Spidey in 10 or 20 years. Peter Parker and Spider-Man are permanently entwined. It's like seperating Batman from Bruce Wayne or Supes from Clark Kent. That will be good for a year or two, but those huge status-quo changes never last. Even Barry Allen came back eventually and I don't think anyone was really clamoring for his return. Wacker's just trying to get headlines so people pick up 700. Peter will be back within 2 years.

Wacker's being deliberately provocative. He knows Pete will be Spidey in 10 or 20 years. Peter Parker and Spider-Man are permanently entwined. It's like seperating Batman from Bruce Wayne or Supes from Clark Kent. That will be good for a year or two, but those huge status-quo changes never last. Even Barry Allen came back eventually and I don't think anyone was really clamoring for his return. Wacker's just trying to get headlines so people pick up 700. Peter will be back within 2 years.

absolutely and without a doubt...

there will always be pretenders to the throne every so often to give that different flavor to the character, but in the long run, Peter Parker ain't goin' ANYWHERE...

no other character has ever been or ever WILL be the one true definitive Spider-Man...

The one thing that separates Peter from the rest of the pack is that the character of Peter has to deal with it more often than the Bruce Wayne or Clark Kent characters.

Anyone picking up the Superior Spider-Man #1 poster this week? I'm hoping I can go grab it on Wednesday.

I'd LOVE to get that Morbius poster... :up:

Just read the preview for Superior Spider-Man #1 in Avengers Arena and one thing it confirms is...

The new Spidey isn't Peter Parker, for sure. And that the new Spidey does have his spider-sense, so it can't be Connors, Harry Osborn, Norman, Miguel, etc. Consider me a bit disappointed.

I'd LOVE to get that Morbius poster... :up:

Tbh i dont even know what it looks like as i havent seen any previews (if you have any please post) I just want it because morbius is one of my top 5 characters :D

Just read the preview for Superior Spider-Man #1 in Avengers Arena and one thing it confirms is...

The new Spidey isn't Peter Parker, for sure. And that the new Spidey does have his spider-sense, so it can't be Connors, Harry Osborn, Norman, Miguel, etc. Consider me a bit disappointed.

Who says that technology can't duplicate something similar...?

That's true I suppose. I dunno though. This preview didn't help me to figure out who it is at all. In fact it's made me even more confused.

Tbh i dont even know what it looks like as i havent seen any previews (if you have any please post) I just want it because morbius is one of my top 5 characters :D

I would think it was this picture...

2555066-morbius.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"