Comics The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the way they drew the lenses but yeah I agree, the pattern is completely upside down and that little pointed nose is stupid as hell.

I'd love to know too, like I said I couldn't find a source on that pic. I'm wondering what book it's from too. Probably Avenging Spider-Man.

Part of me wishes it were actually Peter punching Logan. If anybody should be allowed to deck Wolverine, it should be Pete.

Maybe it is. Dan Slott kind of implied there'd be a big twist or something at the end of Superior #1.

Nifty. I'm not reading Spider-Man right now, but I'm slowly working my way through the trades from Brand New Day. I'm excited to get caught up, though.

Couldn't find a source on this but here's some new art.
kI5LO.jpg
Somehow I feel the John Williams Superman theme fits these pages

Well the Ultimate universe as a whole is ****ing horrible, but I like Miles and USM. I think the main problem with Miles is the fact that they needlessly killed Peter in order to introduce him. He should have just been the USM version of the Scarlet Spider.

I don't think the WHOLE Ultimate Universe sucks but there are some things that are meehhh.

And from what I read in all the interview they didn't just kill off peter to introduce miles. both peters death and miles' introduction was something bendis planned for a while

I laugh at the comments complaining about JQ cover art XD

what IS up with that beak on his mask?!?... ridiculous...

The artist is Paco Medina and the costume looks awful there. The spider on the back looks terrible.

At least he drew it accurately to the new design. The mask is just completely ****ed up.

The artist is Paco Medina and the costume looks awful there. The spider on the back looks terrible.

ugh, I just noticed that...

and THAT'S supposed to be a spider?!?... looks like some weird manta ray...

damn well this isn't the best news to get before finals...yeah this just hurts especially when i think about the cover of Superior Spider-Man #2. As long as it's Ock i really hope they don't get together.

I you're referring to the MJ/Superior cover, I'm thinking maybe they're teasing us with that one. I doubt they would really be that stupid to have MJ sleep with Ock-Spidey, even if she doesn't know better. I think it would just be too much to have a villain in a Spider-man book posing as Spider-man and sleeping with Peter's love interest, especially one that was once engaged to his aunt (that kind of adds an extra layer of creepy).

I think it's a bit too creepy to happen in a Spider-man book.

That artist's representation of the Superior Spider-Man mask is atrocious.

I think the pointy owl-nose and overly large goggles ruin it for me.

The final page of 700 just leaked.

I read it...I don't know what to think...

We called it. Doc Ock is Spider-Man. Doc Ock (in Peter's body) and Peter (in Doc Ock's body) fight and when Peter tries to retransmit his mind, it fails and he just transmits their memories and thoughts. Peter sees that Doc Ock only ever wanted to be Spider-Man so he passes the mantle on to Ock and Ock vows to be "a better Spider-Man than Parker ever was...A SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN"...

I give it a month.

AWESOME :up:

Delighted with this news.

MY GOD!... I just realized... those goggles and the pointy beak remind me of Nighthawk from the Supreme Power MAX title from awhile back...

Spidey looks JUST like THAT character mask-wise...

steve-dillon-supreme-power-nighthawk-6-cover-nighthawk_i-G-51-5129-N1KEG00Z.jpg

That artist's representation of the Superior Spider-Man mask is atrocious.

I really don't think you can blame the artist for that. Blame whoever designed it. Even the best artist can't make that stupid beak thing look good. (which I didn't even know was part of the costume until a few minutes ago.)

But it isn't part of the new design. That artist added it.

Maybe it is. Dan Slott kind of implied there'd be a big twist or something at the end of Superior #1.
Well, not exactly. He basically just said that we would understand why he did what he did when we were done with SSM1.

I think that Ock is going to get found out and that eventually the other heroes are going to find a way to bring back Peter somehow.

I legitimately think we're the only ones. :funny:

[BLACKOUT]Unless you were being sarcastic.[/BLACKOUT]

[BLACKOUT]In which case, stahp.[/BLACKOUT]

No, I am serious. No sarcasm.
Doc Ock is my favorite Spidey villain. I can't wait to see where they go with this. I've always thought of Octavius as the Peter Parker gone bad.

Here's the other page to the Avenging Spider-Man #16 preview.

1355521631.jpg

I do not like the way this guy draws the new costume.

Me either. But, apparently, the "beak" is sorta part of the suit. This artist just overestimated it.

The-Superior-Spider-Man_Design.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"