Comics The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ock's reasoning about MJ came out of no where and made no sense. By the logic no hero or villain should ever be with anyone romantically or socially and they should leave their families at once.

Why doesn't carlie mention her suspicions (although it's stupid these are still suspicions at this point) to MJ?

How did Ock live that long and just discover *********ion now?

How much of a joke is the chameleon if he always gets discovered impersonating Peter immediately but ock can be completely out of character, have someone straight up told what has happened but only that one person who was FREAKING TOLD what happened is even a little suspicious? Explain.

Seriously? Seriously? If these are the kinds of questions one is left scratching their head over after reading a Spider-Man comic book in 2013, then I've lost all hope.

All those articles proclaiming that "comics aren't just for kids anymore" are completely wrong, because they totally are.

After his accident, his mechanical arms did it for him while he slept...

I can't speak for what happened prior to that... cheap hookers I would assume...

:dry:

No, it was like a revelation. Peter's memories taught him how to *********e...some scientist.

And those mechanical arms would not a happy penis make.

Seriously? Seriously? If these are the kinds of questions one is left scratching their head over after reading a Spider-Man comic book in 2013, then I've lost all hope.

All those articles proclaiming that "comics aren't just for kids anymore" are completely wrong, because they totally are.

Hey they put a *********ion sequence in the book. So lose hope, lose it now. Maybe give into hate or casual indifference? Actually I heard wonderful things about delusions of grandeur. You can pretend you're a king or some kind of wizard, that should be fun. Much better than hope.

But hey kids *********e, I've got a cousin that's like addicted to it. It's a kid subject. Besides ock *********ing to MJ was actually by far the least disturbing sexual sequence in Spider-Man in the last 3 years. So in that regards, slott's on an uphill swing. Next stop second generation incest!

Well it is. Mind swapping? That was just as cheesy back in the 60's as it is now.

I wish they'd concentrate on just writing engrossing stories rather than relying on these gimmicks and "earth-shattering" events every other month.

I cannot stress enough how much I am loving this title so far. The latest issue with the Vulture, where it showed Ock seemed to have some kind of warped respect for Toomes because Toomes showed it to him back in their early Sinister Six days was a neat touch.

I loved the flashback memory to Ock's childhood where Peter saw his father beating him as a child. These kind of personal touches are really enhancing the story for me.

I'd say Carlie has not voiced her suspicions yet because they are still just that. Suspicions. No real proof. The idea that Ock's mind is in Peter's body sounds crazy. Nobody would believe her and there's no way of proving it. Ock has all of Peter's memories. He could answer anything personal about him.

I haven't read a Spiderman comic for over a decade but what's the status on Eddie Brock/Venom? I've been watching user reviews for this Superior Spider-man and it's like by having Doc Ock's spirit inhabiting Peter's body they're making him act like Venom.

^^Wow really? Ok.

<SPOILERS>

Eddie Brock lost his symbiote a long time ago and had cancer, was then cured by "Mr. Negatives" healing power, that made him become Anti-Venom, and then he used his Anti-Venom to save New York during Spider-Island, and then he was hunting down all the symbiotes and killing them (as seen in the current Venom comic) and then he was captured and forced to merge with Toxin.

Well it is. Mind swapping? That was just as cheesy back in the 60's as it is now.

I wish they'd concentrate on just writing engrossing stories rather than relying on these gimmicks and "earth-shattering" events every other month.

I like the 60's cheese... it made me buy comics in the 70's & the 80's... and somewhere along the lines of 1985, comics became "serious", and while there are some brilliant gems in the new serious tone; Watchmen, V for Vendetta, Preacher, The Dark Knight Returns, HellBlazer, etc... I can still enjoy classic 60's style stories... why? BECAUSE THEY ARE FUN!!!!

Thanks for listening.

:yay:

I like the 60's cheese... it made me buy comics in the 70's & the 80's... and somewhere along the lines of 1985, comics became "serious", and while there are some brilliant gems in the new serious tone; Watchmen, V for Vendetta, Preacher, The Dark Knight Returns, HellBlazer, etc... I can still enjoy classic 60's style stories... why? BECAUSE THEY ARE FUN!!!!

Thanks for listening.

:yay:

Don't get me wrong- I LOVE the 60's ASM comics. The Lee/Ditko run has never been topped in my opinion. They did something new that people are still trying to emulate today!

The reason comics became serious is because artists like Frank Miller and Alone Moore etc... showed what could be accomplished in a medium which was widely accepted as "kids stuff". Expectations were raised in terms of what we should expect in terms of storytelling quality- and rightly so.

The character of Spider-Man has become stagnant though. Marvel won't let him grow and prefers he remain in a state of arrested development. Not many interesting stories you can tell in those confines.

But Marvel's not interested in telling interesting, compelling stories, they're interested in selling books. Every month there's an "event that will shake the world of (insert character) to their core!" It's all a gimmick. Just like this mind swap stuff. In a years time (just in time for the movie! How about that!), all this Ock stuff will be over and everything will return to the status quo as though it never happened. How dreadfully boring.

Comics can be fun without resorting to poor, gimmicky storytelling! Just because it's not "dark" and "super serious" doesn't mean it has to be cheesy and gimmicky either.

Another great issue. People have been criticizing the book for not being an Otto redemption story so far, but that's missing the point of why Peter is there. This isn't just an Otto redemption story, it's a Peter/Ock bonding story. They're each other's greatest enemies and their intimately learning about each other. That's pretty clear now from this issue and it's ****ing awesome. Can't wait to see what Carlie does next.

And once again, Stegman's art is spot on. This is what I imagine a 2013 Spider-Man comic book should look like, fun, sleek character designs, and great action scenes. This book is turning out way better than I expected. It's honestly some of Slott's best work so far, and it's augmented by Stegman's great art. Giuseppe Camuncoli is on issue 4 though. I don't think he can do as good as Stegman but hopefully he doesn't take away from anything either.

Another great issue. People have been criticizing the book for not being an Otto redemption story so far, but that's missing the point of why Peter is there. This isn't just an Otto redemption story, it's a Peter/Ock bonding story. They're each other's greatest enemies and their intimately learning about each other. That's pretty clear now from this issue and it's ****ing awesome. Can't wait to see what Carlie does next.

And once again, Stegman's art is spot on. This is what I imagine a 2013 Spider-Man comic book should look like, fun, sleek character designs, and great action scenes. This book is turning out way better than I expected. It's honestly some of Slott's best work so far, and it's augmented by Stegman's great art. Giuseppe Camuncoli is on issue 4 though. I don't think he can do as good as Stegman but hopefully he doesn't take away from anything either.

Agreed!

I too loved this past issue. This is turning into a good character study in which both Pete and Ock are learning a lot about the other. Ock's come up with interesting updates to Spidey's tech and methods. The art is great. I mean what's not to like? Seriously, I don't get the complaints that this change happened and then more complaints that it's not permanent. Some just seem to complain for the sake of complaining (seriously, moraldeficiency?).

The only thing I'm concerned with is how long can Slott stretch this plot out before it becomes too thinned out? I originally thought 2 years/24 issues but I don't even know if that's feasible the rate they're going. But I suppose in the end quality usually shines over those kinds of details and this book has been of the highest quality so far.

My guess would be about a year. It would be neat if we saw SpOck face off against each of the former members of his Sinister Six (and of course Gobby, Hobgoblin, & Jackal).

I don't know how a long term change like this can last. I'm hoping (praying) that Ock will be faced with such a mountain of situations that he realises it doesn't just take brains, brawn, and memories to be Peter Parker. He finds himself unable to cope and has to give over 'control' to Peter as he knows only he can get them out of whatever he's facing down.

The only thing I'm concerned with is how long can Slott stretch this plot out before it becomes too thinned out? I originally thought 2 years/24 issues but I don't even know if that's feasible the rate they're going. But I suppose in the end quality usually shines over those kinds of details and this book has been of the highest quality so far.
2 years would be 48 issues. But I'm thinking this will go on for about a year.

Hey, I suck at math but who doesn't?

It looks like this thing may come to a head soon:

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #9
DAN SLOTT (W) • Ryan Stegman (A)
Cover by MARCOS MARTIN
Variant Cover by Ryan Stegman
IT ENDS HERE! “SUPERIOR NO MORE!”
• The hottest comic in comics comes to a turning point that will get you angrier than you were after Spidey #700!
• The time has come to see who will live, who will die, and who will emerge as the one, true Superior Spider-Man!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

and then....

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #10
DAN SLOTT (W) • GIUSEPPE Camunicoli (A)
Cover by MARCOS MARTIN
IT BEGINS HERE!!
• A perfect jumping on point as The Green Goblin returns…and Spider-Man is nowhere to be found!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Big surprise. Spider-Man will be Spider-Man again and Doc Ock will be back in his own body/cloned body/whatever soon and the status quo will return.

Then we'll wait for the next earth shattering revelation...

I think you missed the "turning point that will get you angrier than you were after Spidey #700!" part. That means that they won't be in the same body/mind for too long. Question is, what would make us more angry? Ock remaining or our a new title launch that just seems like a waste of time to the ASM purists?

I just hate when Marvel tweaks us with lines like that in their solicits. They're written by some assistant editor I believe, but it still gets under my skin the way they word it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"