The Superman suit Thread

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by John-An, Nov 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steelsheen

Steelsheen Head Geek of Nerdtopia

as for the overall design, i dont want anything changed. Best suit update that works perfectly for film.... if anything, i'd like them to show its true colors (so to speak) in the sequel, just like how it appears in the BTSs

... and i like how Henry can have a funny bone. i do love blessedly talented actors that dont take themselves too seriously.

2. Afrobean

Afrobean Well-Known Member

I got the feeling that Kryptonian "superspeed" was heavily dialed back for Man of Steel. I don't think we'll be seeing the "in-the-blink-of-an-eye" sort of movement from Superman in this continuity.

Not that I expect the tshirt to ever actually be used, of course, but I just don't think we'll be seeing Clark SUPERSPEED away to the Fortress of Solitude, change into the Superman costume, and return all in less than a second.

3. vantheman77

vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

I know the S in MOS resembles the golden-age version of Superman's, but every time I see that S it makes me think Henry Cavill is playing Earth-2 Superman.

4. Lencho01

Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I do wonder about the superspeed of this version of Kryptonians. Like was what we saw with Faora just for the audience or is that how they look to people when they move fast?

On Smallville, when he was just the Red-Blue Blur, they showed Clark run into one of the phonebooths at the DP and run around in a circle inside while changing. Something like that could be cool to see again. But, maybe that something that should be left for the Flash.

5. Loki882

Loki882 Well-Known Member

Zod, Faora, and the other Kryptonians had just arrived on Earth and hadn't absorbed a lot of solar radiation or become accustomed to it. That's why they needed the helmets and armor, and why they couldn't fly or shoot heat vision, etc. Zod figured it out eventually of course. It's not unreasonable to conclude that their speed might have been affected in a similar way. Plus, some people were already complaining that the action scenes were moving too fast and were hard to follow (I had no problem with either) so can you imagine the reaction if the Kryptonians moved even faster.

6. Lencho01

Well, I have my problems with how they handled the whole power thing.

They didn't really fight each other much faster (if at all) than any thing we haven't seen in multiple films. It wasn't exactly like DBZ or anything like that.

Anyway, I don't really expect them to show him with the suit under is clothing.

7. Lencho01

So, I ended up watching the film again yesterday. I showed it to my brothers by connecting my laptop to their TV and the it was so weird seeing the film. On my laptop, it looks like the boring gloomy filtered look, but on their TV it was so colorful. The suit looked a lot better in terms of color. Everything did.

8. Wise

Wise Watchtower Janitor

Take this for what it's worth.

http://cinemovie.tv/interviews/costume-designer-michael-wilkinson-on-american-hustle-and-batman-vs-superman/

9. Boom

Boom I got nothin'

Oh God please be underwear just so I can watch the meltdown.

10. Wise

Wise Watchtower Janitor

I guess we can take the question mark off the thread title now.

11. sf2

sf2 Well-Known Member

lol. bring it on! :D

12. Afrobean

Eh, not necessarily. Batman wore the same suit from The Dark Knight in The Dark Knight Rises, but it was slightly "tweaked", wasn't it?

13. Bathead

Bathead The Oldest Geek

As you might guess, I'd be down with that. :word:

14. TheFlamingCoco

TheFlamingCoco Well-Known Member

Just have superman unlock a "secret article of fabric" in the FOS while an AI Jor-El explains that it's an ancient Kryptonian codpiece :woot:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  15. Wise

Wise Watchtower Janitor

Jor-El: You will give the people of Earth a fabulous style to model towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you with their outer-undies. In time, you will help them accomplish fashion wonders.

16. Wise

Wise Watchtower Janitor

Lara Lor-Van: He will be completely out of style. They'll shun him.
    Jor-El: How? He'll be a fashionista god to them.

17. sf2

sf2 Well-Known Member

lol. u all always come up with brilliant idea. :D

18. Marvin

Marvin Well-Known Member

If he can catch bullets in this universe and those things can travel from mach 2 to 3, he's going fast enough imo.

Hard to see things at that speed with the human eye, or even on camera unless prepared(enter luthor/wayne), but it's not so fast that you have him solving all problems(see two missiles in opposite directions) on a whim, or getting into time dilation plot holes.

if only they introduced the idea of a self healing/repairing krypton suit. Now he essentially can't damage it or the game is up.

19. TheFlamingCoco

TheFlamingCoco Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

:hehe:

20. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Faora's smack down of the Rangers in Smallville says "Hi." :word:

21. Afrobean

Did he catch a bullet in Man of Steel? I don't recall a scene with Superman plucking a bullet out of the air. I may be mistaken though, could you jog my memory maybe? I only saw it once in theaters and haven't picked up the Blu-ray yet.

Either way, breaking the sound barrier isn't the same as being able to cover large distances in the blink of an eye. I specifically was talking about flashing somewhere far away to pick up his "Superman" costume when he needed it rather than always wearing it under his clothes. In some media, Superman could circle the globe in a fraction of a second. I don't see that happening here. That's what I meant by "dialed back".

I got the impression that the suit was impenetrable. I mean, it stood up to a brutal fight with superpowered Kryptonian. If Zod's heavy blows didn't damage that material, perhaps the material has enhanced durability like Superman's own Kryptonian skin. Or maybe it can "heal". We already have self-healing materials of various quality on Earth, it'd be easy to give this "power" to Superman's alien suit.

22. Bathead

Bathead The Oldest Geek

It's sort of traditional that his suit, being made of Kryptonian materials, is as invulnerable as Superman himself, that's all they have to say, complicated reasoning or exposition isn't necessary.

23. Kevin Smith

Kevin Smith Well-Known Member

Keaton was a fantastic Batman and Bruce Wayne as well and I loved the '89 film.

That said, I could totally have seen Alec Baldwin in the role too and think he could have done well.

Anyway, word is the Superman suit in MOS will be tweaked? If so, anxious to see what it will look like....could be potentially good news...

24. SpideyFan866

SpideyFan866 Well-Known Member

It could happen.

Let's not forget......... these WERE Snyder's original ideas for the final suit:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the differences are small enough to count as just...... a tweak.

So..... nothing is impossible.

And I'm with you. The meltdown would be glorious.

25. MrsKent26

MrsKent26 Whatever.

I wouldn't have any "BOYCOTT THIS MOVIE!" style meltdowns if they added the trunks, but I would think it was really stupid. What would be the reason for it? We finally have a trunkless costume that looks good and they put them back? Dumb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.