BvS The Superman suit Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
as for the overall design, i dont want anything changed. Best suit update that works perfectly for film.... if anything, i'd like them to show its true colors (so to speak) in the sequel, just like how it appears in the BTSs

Me too. And I liked it a lot in the movie. But I was shocked when I saw this part. It's so bold and unashamed of being a superhero costume in those gifs. I only with they had the cape on it there so I could see them together. And this is how it looked un-retouched and without any kind of filter. They make more work for themselves by altering its beauty.

More:

... and i like how Henry can have a funny bone. i do love blessedly talented actors that dont take themselves too seriously.

He has super speed. No matter where his suit is, he can get to it, change into it, and get back to where he was before anyone can even blink.
I got the feeling that Kryptonian "superspeed" was heavily dialed back for Man of Steel. I don't think we'll be seeing the "in-the-blink-of-an-eye" sort of movement from Superman in this continuity.

Not that I expect the tshirt to ever actually be used, of course, but I just don't think we'll be seeing Clark SUPERSPEED away to the Fortress of Solitude, change into the Superman costume, and return all in less than a second.

I know the S in MOS resembles the golden-age version of Superman's, but every time I see that S it makes me think Henry Cavill is playing Earth-2 Superman.

I got the feeling that Kryptonian "superspeed" was heavily dialed back for Man of Steel. I don't think we'll be seeing the "in-the-blink-of-an-eye" sort of movement from Superman in this continuity.

Not that I expect the tshirt to ever actually be used, of course, but I just don't think we'll be seeing Clark SUPERSPEED away to the Fortress of Solitude, change into the Superman costume, and return all in less than a second.

I do wonder about the superspeed of this version of Kryptonians. Like was what we saw with Faora just for the audience or is that how they look to people when they move fast?

On Smallville, when he was just the Red-Blue Blur, they showed Clark run into one of the phonebooths at the DP and run around in a circle inside while changing. Something like that could be cool to see again. But, maybe that something that should be left for the Flash.

Zod, Faora, and the other Kryptonians had just arrived on Earth and hadn't absorbed a lot of solar radiation or become accustomed to it. That's why they needed the helmets and armor, and why they couldn't fly or shoot heat vision, etc. Zod figured it out eventually of course. It's not unreasonable to conclude that their speed might have been affected in a similar way. Plus, some people were already complaining that the action scenes were moving too fast and were hard to follow (I had no problem with either) so can you imagine the reaction if the Kryptonians moved even faster.

Zod, Faora, and the other Kryptonians had just arrived on Earth and hadn't absorbed a lot of solar radiation or become accustomed to it. That's why they needed the helmets and armor, and why they couldn't fly or shoot heat vision, etc. Zod figured it out eventually of course. It's not unreasonable to conclude that their speed might have been affected in a similar way. Plus, some people were already complaining that the action scenes were moving too fast and were hard to follow (I had no problem with either) so can you imagine the reaction if the Kryptonians moved even faster.

Well, I have my problems with how they handled the whole power thing.

They didn't really fight each other much faster (if at all) than any thing we haven't seen in multiple films. It wasn't exactly like DBZ or anything like that.

Anyway, I don't really expect them to show him with the suit under is clothing.

So, I ended up watching the film again yesterday. I showed it to my brothers by connecting my laptop to their TV and the it was so weird seeing the film. On my laptop, it looks like the boring gloomy filtered look, but on their TV it was so colorful. The suit looked a lot better in terms of color. Everything did.

Take this for what it's worth.

http://cinemovie.tv/interviews/costume-designer-michael-wilkinson-on-american-hustle-and-batman-vs-superman/

Speaking of fantasy, Wilkinson is currently working on the follow up to Man of Steel and the pressure is quite high with one of the most anticipated assembly of DC Comic Book characters. He’s tasked with designing a whole new Batsuit for Ben Affleck, the new crusader taking over the role from Christian Bale, and a new look for Wonder Woman played by Gal Gadot. He tells us that he’s also “tweaking” the Superman outfit. He lets us in on what stage the costumes are in for the start of the February 2014 shoot in Detroit.

“We are now in the stage where we’re refining our designs with the last series of camera tests and doing our final tweaks in preparation for shooting.”
Wilkinson adds that he pinches himself daily when he comes to work on Batman vs Superman because he feels honored and “tremendously excited” to be involved with a project whose iconic “characters will be seen for the next generation of filmmakers.”

As audience members, we, too, are excited to see what he comes up with for the next phase of Superman and Batman, but given his great work on past films and his current work in American Hustle, the characters should be in good hands.

Oh God please be underwear just so I can watch the meltdown.

I guess we can take the question mark off the thread title now.

I guess we can take the question mark off the thread title now.
Eh, not necessarily. Batman wore the same suit from The Dark Knight in The Dark Knight Rises, but it was slightly "tweaked", wasn't it?

Just have superman unlock a "secret article of fabric" in the FOS while an AI Jor-El explains that it's an ancient Kryptonian codpiece :woot:

Last edited:
Just have superman unlock a "secret article of fabric" while an AI Jor-El explains that it's an ancient Kryptonian codpiece :woot:

Jor-El: You will give the people of Earth a fabulous style to model towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you with their outer-undies. In time, you will help them accomplish fashion wonders.

Lara Lor-Van: He will be completely out of style. They'll shun him.
Jor-El: How? He'll be a fashionista god to them.

If he can catch bullets in this universe and those things can travel from mach 2 to 3, he's going fast enough imo.

Hard to see things at that speed with the human eye, or even on camera unless prepared(enter luthor/wayne), but it's not so fast that you have him solving all problems(see two missiles in opposite directions) on a whim, or getting into time dilation plot holes.

if only they introduced the idea of a self healing/repairing krypton suit. Now he essentially can't damage it or the game is up.

Jor-El: You will give the people of Earth a fabulous style to model towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you with their outer-undies. In time, you will help them accomplish fashion wonders.

NY-Fashion-Week-Macleans_06-660x440.jpg

:hehe:

Faora's smack down of the Rangers in Smallville says "Hi." :word:

If he can catch bullets in this universe and those things can travel from mach 2 to 3, he's going fast enough imo.
Did he catch a bullet in Man of Steel? I don't recall a scene with Superman plucking a bullet out of the air. I may be mistaken though, could you jog my memory maybe? I only saw it once in theaters and haven't picked up the Blu-ray yet.

Either way, breaking the sound barrier isn't the same as being able to cover large distances in the blink of an eye. I specifically was talking about flashing somewhere far away to pick up his "Superman" costume when he needed it rather than always wearing it under his clothes. In some media, Superman could circle the globe in a fraction of a second. I don't see that happening here. That's what I meant by "dialed back".

if only they introduced the idea of a self healing/repairing krypton suit. Now he essentially can't damage it or the game is up.
I got the impression that the suit was impenetrable. I mean, it stood up to a brutal fight with superpowered Kryptonian. If Zod's heavy blows didn't damage that material, perhaps the material has enhanced durability like Superman's own Kryptonian skin. Or maybe it can "heal". We already have self-healing materials of various quality on Earth, it'd be easy to give this "power" to Superman's alien suit.

It's sort of traditional that his suit, being made of Kryptonian materials, is as invulnerable as Superman himself, that's all they have to say, complicated reasoning or exposition isn't necessary.

Keaton was a fantastic Batman and Bruce Wayne as well and I loved the '89 film.

That said, I could totally have seen Alec Baldwin in the role too and think he could have done well.

Anyway, word is the Superman suit in MOS will be tweaked? If so, anxious to see what it will look like....could be potentially good news...

It could happen.

Let's not forget......... these WERE Snyder's original ideas for the final suit:

giEUggi.png

s18Ntzn.png

sr0yuqN.png

And the differences are small enough to count as just...... a tweak.

So..... nothing is impossible.

And I'm with you. The meltdown would be glorious.

I wouldn't have any "BOYCOTT THIS MOVIE!" style meltdowns if they added the trunks, but I would think it was really stupid. What would be the reason for it? We finally have a trunkless costume that looks good and they put them back? Dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"