BvS The Superman suit Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss the trunks.

****, I miss the REAL Superman, who am I kidding...

They had better make this one more of a "Superman" movie... if not they are wasting Cavill.

Just wait for this movie, man. There's a new writer to help Goyer. You never know. I liked MOS, but I'm hoping to see Superman progress. And I know Cavill can handle what they give him.

I miss the trunks.

They had better make this one more of a "Superman" movie... if not they are wasting Cavill.

I think MOS..just scratches the surface of who Superman is.

MOS2 should show Superman doing all sorts of good deeds around the world, battling natural disasters and providing moral support to the individuals he meets.

Also, they should show how Clark balancing the duties of Superman with his "normal life."

I think showing Clark trying to stay under the radar while Bruce seemingly embraces his public persona would be a nice contrast of characters.

Also..more Smallville. They really should have shown more Smallville in MOS, even if there was a TV show about it.

It's important to understand the cultural backdrop of Kent and his interactions with others. I wouldn't mind more flashbacks, as long as they make sense to the narrative.

Just wait for this movie, man. There's a new writer to help Goyer. You never know. I liked MOS, but I'm hoping to see Superman progress. And I know Cavill can handle what they give him.

Yeah, that is good news to me. I was honestly a little depressed after I saw MOS...not the feeling I wanted to have after seeing a Superman movie. And I am just going to say it, look, I'm not saying it is necessarily better as a movie but I enjoyed Superman Returns more and I never thought I'd say that during the hype for MOS. I cared about the characters and what happened in that movie more.

And Cavill is great...I really hope they give him a chance to be Superman in this one...AND Daily Planet Clark Kent. That's all part of Superman to me. There were only a few moments in MOS where I could hear his British accent coming through with some of his lines...on the whole I thought he did very good in MOS. I'm curious as to what type of speaking exercises they have him do and how they go about that on set.

"YOU THINK YOU CAN THROATEN MY MOTHEH!" :funny:

But I really liked his voice. Very relaxed and gentle for the most part, but also commanding when it HAD to be.

*If anyone is reading this site, and is British, I envy your accent and mean no disrespect.

They look pretty darn organic to me. However, I'll admit that what I'm seeing might just be overcompensation by the artist in an attempt to show how muscular the character is.

How? This looks like some sort of alien spandex... Not alien... skin like GL (re: TOES).

And pretty much everything else.

Since when is it wrong to look like the comic book costume?

I'm not even going to dignify this with a response.

Guess you didn't see the same movie I did.

I miss the trunks.

I'm with you.

No more "my powers are a burden, I can't save people supes".

I want bright color, trunks wearing, hero to the people.

I think MOS..just scratches the surface of who Superman is.

MOS2 should show Superman doing all sorts of good deeds around the world, battling natural disasters and providing moral support to the individuals he meets.

Also, they should show how Clark balancing the duties of Superman with his "normal life."

I think showing Clark trying to stay under the radar while Bruce seemingly embraces his public persona would be a nice contrast of characters.

Also..more Smallville. They really should have shown more Smallville in MOS, even if there was a TV show about it.

It's important to understand the cultural backdrop of Kent and his interactions with others. I wouldn't mind more flashbacks, as long as they make sense to the narrative.

I'd be fine with all of this. I hated the jumbled up storytelling in MOS. How they did it in Batman Begins with the flashbacks and in MOS are two perfect examples of doing the same idea well done and poorly.

All MOS is to me is glimpses of what could have been a good Superman movie - a bunch of ideas put on paper that could be really good if fleshed out.

^ But would would be the origin of teh trunks? A paint factory blows up and splatters red paint on Superman's waist as he rescues the workers?

If you don't see it, you don't see it, and there is no explanation I could possibly give you to make you see it.

Since when is it wrong to look like the comic book costume?

What are you talking about? I never said that was the problem. My issue with those outfits are that they're uglier than sin.

Guess you didn't see the same movie I did.

I don't even know what you're talking about. What I wasn't responding to was your assumption that I would want the film to take the time to explain why there was a different shade of yellow on the inside of the shield (or something equally negligent).

sdua.jpg

Okay I admit....... I love this to death.

Though, the tweaks I STILL think need to be made is:

1. The yellow "belt" portion needs to be thickened. JUST ENOUGH to be noticable from a distance, and not to be overpowerjng up close.

2. The buckle needs to be raised slightly.

and

3. The curve in the belt portion needs to straighted slightly. Not to much where its completely straight, but enough to where it only has a slight diagonal angle, rather than a full one.

Last edited:
I'm with you.

No more "my powers are a burden, I can't save people supes".

I want bright color, trunks wearing, hero to the people.

Damn right. I watched season 2 of Justice League all day and was reminded of how much I miss that character. Just let him be Superman.

If by "tweaking" the suit they're just brightening the colors, then yes do it. That's a great pic.

"YOU THINK YOU CAN THROATEN MY MOTHEH!" :funny:

But I really liked his voice. Very relaxed and gentle for the most part, but also commanding when it HAD to be.

*If anyone is reading this site, and is British, I envy your accent and mean no disrespect.

Hahaha. For me it's always that part at the end where he talks to the general "I know you're troying to fynd where I hang mahy cape. You won't" or something like that...british accent is creeping through a bit there but I guess it was the best take.

I'd be fine with all of this. I hated the jumbled up storytelling in MOS. How they did it in Batman Begins with the flashbacks and in MOS are two perfect examples of doing the same idea well done and poorly.

All MOS is to me is glimpses of what could have been a good Superman movie - a bunch of ideas put on paper that could be really good if fleshed out.

The sad thing is SO much of BB is done by David Goyer. He had the perfect template a superhero origin movie, why he chose to ignore it is beyond me.

It's as if he wanted to make MOS SO unconventional and SO un-origin-like, that he left out many classic Superman elements. All Goyer would have to do is follow Batman Begins, going from his childhood, to his adolescence, to the moment in which he decides to become Superman sixty percent into the movie, and create a cookie-cutter plot for Snyder to elevate with his strong action direction.

Instead, he wrote MOS with the expectation that a sequel could flesh the Superman character out, whereas his Batman character was almost fully formed at the end of Begins.

If you don't see it, you don't see it, and there is no explanation I could possibly give you to make you see it.

Yeah, that it resembles the GL suit in any way I do not see. Probably because it is not there.

What are you talking about? I never said that was the problem. My issue with those outfits are that they're uglier than sin.

If anything the style in which it is drawn may leave something to be desired, but the suit itself looks good in those pics and more like Superman than anything that made its way into MOS.

I don't even know what you're talking about. What I wasn't responding to was your assumption that I would want the film to take the time to explain why there was a different shade of yellow on the inside of the shield (or something equally negligent).

Thanks for clearing that up...I thought for a minute you were either trying to downplay the flaws in MOS or act as though they did not exist.

Wow. I didn't know it was impossible to be "a true hero" unless you wore red underoos over some cartoon bright flashy tights. :whatever:

Yeah, that it resembles the GL suit in any way I do not see. Probably because it is not there.

Sure.

If anything the style in which it is drawn may leave something to be desired
So basically, if it looked good, it would...look good. I agree, but I have to work with what I have.

but the suit itself looks good in those pics and more like Superman than anything that made its way into MOS.
The suit we got blows those other ones out of the water.

Thanks for clearing that up...I thought for a minute you were either trying to downplay the flaws in MOS or act as though they did not exist.
I don't know why you would think that, considering we've spoken about the film's flaws before. :funny:

Wow. I didn't know it was impossible to be "a true hero" unless you wore red underoos over some cartoon bright flashy tights. :whatever:

We need more underwear and brighter colors!! :cmad:

:o

We'll see how much they tweaked on the MOS suit...

Last edited:
Looks like Snyder and his costume designer Wilkinson will be making some slight tweaks to Supermans suit.

I just do NOT want to see a the high collar look of the New 52 comics or red outerwear.

The sad thing is SO much of BB is done by David Goyer. He had the perfect template a superhero origin movie, why he chose to ignore it is beyond me.

It's as if he wanted to make MOS SO unconventional and SO un-origin-like, that he left out many classic Superman elements. All Goyer would have to do is follow Batman Begins, going from his childhood, to his adolescence, to the moment in which he decides to become Superman sixty percent into the movie, and create a cookie-cutter plot for Snyder to elevate with his strong action direction.

Instead, he wrote MOS with the expectation that a sequel could flesh the Superman character out, whereas his Batman character was almost fully formed at the end of Begins.

He was pretty much Batman or as much Batman as he was going to be in the Nolan trilogy at least by the first time we actually see him in the suit IMO. MOS was not what the movie was sold to me as. Trailer 3 feels like more of a Superman movie and more complete than MOS is.

And I totally agree on how to do things from the story standpoint...everything should have been done from Clark's point of view...begin with him on the rig sort of nomadic and lost...he has a flashback in the explosion....don't include anything about him being an alien or Krypton until he finds the fortress of solitude and learns for himself....we find out what Superman is as he learns about himself, we have no prior knowledge of who or what he is as far as the movie is concerned and don't know these things until he does. (Pissed me off that they didn't even acknowledge that the ship crashed in the Kent's barn in this version...it's just mentioned that that's where the ship is when Zod comes for it. The gaps in the movie are unbelievable) It even looked like they could have went that way from the trailers too...just disappointing to me.

Sure.

So basically, if it looked good, it would...look good. I agree, but I have to work with what I have.

A suit can look good or how it's supposed to look even in a crude drawing.

The suit we got blows those other ones out of the water.

If they'd have brought any of these suits to life and we had real physical examples of them I stead of just drawings I honestly think you'd reconsider.

I don't know why you would think that, considering we've spoken about the film's flaws before. :funny:

Easy to forget who says what sometimes, I apologize, friend.

Yeah but 70 YEARS!

70 years of the same design, just with minor changes.

And only now they drop the trunks.

The trunks are (or I guess were) as much a part of the Superman iconography as the \S/ shield is.

Getting rid of it is like getting rid of the ears on the batsuit.

And while tastes change, and people have called them silly, I doubt that the outcry to get rid of them was so large that they decided to do it.

Honestly, I doubt there was ANY demands, outside of cynical, nitpicky, worst of the worst fanboys who felt they shoud be gone.

There was nothing wrong with outside of the fact it was an outdated design trope.

HOWEVER, it was HIS design.

The trunks are gone for good. Deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"