BvS The Superman suit Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would you guys think if we got this suit?
1998211-1b.jpg

^^
homerback.gif

Im getting outa here before war starts.

Not sure why Superman's suit is even in question really. I don't see it changing that drastically at all for the new movie. I mean, they won't add trunks or go with the New 52 look. If they started with trunks, that would have been fine, but what would be the point in adding them now?

I can, however, see them brightening the colors a bit and maybe making the \S/ a bit larger, but thats about it. Maybe even reduce the amount of alien piping details on the suit, to make the suit more clean and simplistic. That would look good.

Not sure why Superman's suit is even in question really. I don't see it changing that drastically at all for the new movie. I mean, they won't add trunks or go with the New 52 look. If they started with trunks, that would have been fine, but what would be the point in adding them now?

I can, however, see them brightening the colors a bit and maybe making the \S/ a bit larger, but thats about it. Maybe even reduce the amount of alien piping details on the suit, to make the suit more clean and simplistic. That would look good.

Agreed. :up:

I wasnt refering to your comment I was talking about the reactions people will bring about the new 52.

I think characters in the movie with him would respect him just the same with trunks because they are written to do so, but the audience might be different.
That's an example of painfully bad writing. If we see people in real life making fun of Superman wearing "his underwear on the outside", you better believe there would be people in-universe doing it too. So you need the character's choice to MAKE SENSE and you need the in-universe REACTION to also MAKE SENSE. You can't expect the audience to just go with it because that's what it says in the script... that'll lead you to insane bullcrap like spinning the Earth backwards somehow causing time reversal.

Lmao.....wow superman was such a dick back then...:)
Go check out Action Comics #1. He was an enormous dick, and he was a vigilante crusader rather than a "big blue boyscout".

But that comic isn't from DC. It's a joke.

I wonder if one of the improvements from Snyder are brighter colors?

Thanks guys lol, I'm gonna check em out, I kinda wish they would bring that side of him back...it would be great to bring to today's audience....oh and to stay on topic, I hope they put the S back on the cape...;)

I'd **** a brick if we got the New 52 suit. Talk about a downgrade.

Indeed. That would be dumb and annoying. There's no need to hit Superman with an ugly suit in this movie.

It doesn't look too bad here, usually it looks much worse.
True. Only Jim Lee's know how to draw this suit.
But I don't like it neither. It's good only with Lee but nothing more.

I think the trunks are a bit of a "wink" element, to be honest. What I always wanted to see, if they were going to include them in the costume, is this scene:

CRIMINAL/BYSTANDER/WHOEVER: What's with the underwear?

SUPERMAN: My mother made it for me.

Cheesy, silly, reverent. And that's it. They're just there. Because.

That would make him look like the biggest dork. If the briefs are going to be there, you shouldn't draw any unnecessary attention to them at all. Better to reference the costume as a whole instead of that single element.

That's sort of the point. He'd recognize that they look sort of dorky, but still wear them.

Why would they re-dork superman after they just un-dorked him? It just does not compute and blows me away that people would want that unless they truly hated the mos costume all along.

They wouldn't. This wouldn't be the same version we have now.

Ah, i see. I thought you meant mos supes at first.

Why would they re-dork superman after they just un-dorked him? It just does not compute and blows me away that people would want that unless they truly hated the mos costume all along.

:up:

I like the costume we have. The only acceptable revision, for me, would come if the current one was destroyed and Ma Kent made a replacement. Otherwise, this suit is something that Superman has inherited, and I cannot imagine why he would try to alter it.

Agreed. His suit would have to somehow be destroyed before I could accept a new one. I don't know if I would like to see his mother make a new one for him, though, but I think it could be a very heartwarming scene if done right.

I had an idea a while back that Superman's suit could get destroyed in the middle of a movie and he'd be forced to make a makeshift costume to perform a rescue. It would be a good opportunity to do the T-shirt and jeans look from the New 52.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"