BvS The Superman suit Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep the suit, fix his hair.

I say keep it exactly the same.
There's absolutely no reason to change it.
Changing it would make no sense at all really...

Yeah, that's the only thing I would change. And they don't need to even change much there... just let him have the occasional spit curl. It just completes the look.

No changes needed.

Filmmakers need to start owning their creative choices and stop bending to the will of outside influences. Whether it be the studio or sometimes even us.

The suit is fine, no reason to alter it at all. Own it.

Agreed - it needs to be a lot shorter at the back and sides, and just have a loose forelock when he's Superman and neatly in place when he's Clark.

I don't think they should change the costume because there's no real reason to... but personally I prefer when Superman's costume is made up of earthly robes rather then being entirely alien.

The MOS and even more so his New 52 suit look too alien, too hi tech. It makes him appear less human imo. Call me old fashioned but I prefer the classic suit with trunks. And no I wouldn't recommend it for MOS2 seeing as there's no real reason to switch at this point, but in a future live action movie I really hope they go back to it.

To me that's Superman.

I HATE the New 52 suit. I understand what they were going for, but it's just a misfire on so many levels. Especially that belt. It looks like it came off an 80's He-Man toy.

I HATE the New 52 suit. I understand what they were going for, but it's just a misfire on so many levels. Especially that belt. It looks like it came off an 80's He-Man toy.

The only good thing about Batman in the new52 is Scott Snyder's writing and Capullo's drawing.

I absolutely love the MOS suit, I don't think they should change it much aside from maybe the colors a little and that's it. I think Henry's hair should be a little bit shorter this time around, and allow his hair to get a little messy in battle sequences so the spit curl can happen naturally, his natural hair allows for it.

Don't change the suit, that makes this like ASM2 where they changed the suit back due to fan complaints. I like the MOS suit it's pretty damn sleek.

Don't change the suit, that makes this like ASM2 where they changed the suit back due to fan complaints. I like the MOS suit it's pretty damn sleek.

The thing is, the people who complain about the MOS suit are a small minority. For the most part (although this is a small sample size), this thread shows that the suit is well-received.

Right, that's why I said don't change it......

i see no need to change Superman's suit

perhaps just make the red stand out a little more, but other than that i very much liked the suit :up:

They just HAVE to do something about those goddamn colors. Whether it's because of the fabric or the saturation, when the yellow resembles the shade of a ten-year-old earwax stain, there's a problem. The same with the red, which is almost purple in several shots (and the 3D that's being imposed on audiences worldwide doesn't help matters at all, either).

Other than that, keep it the same. And by no means give him a high collar. Yuch.

And just so happened to make the best Spidey suit ever? Which is universally liked? Yeah, don't try to improve at all...

The suit doesn't need to change. At all. It's perfect. We don't need any shields on the cape or any of the lines removed. Keep it exactly as it is.

I have always like the idea of the Fleischer suit and I saw someone else post a similar picture somewhere else. I thought I would throw something together because nobody is really posting pictures

FleischerManofSteel.jpg

I have always like the idea of the Fleischer suit and I saw someone else post a similar picture somewhere else. I thought I would throw something together because nobody is really posting pictures

FleischerManofSteel.jpg

It looks good but I'd prefer the original suit ;)

That looks pretty good. :up: But the original is still the best.

I like that the black background brings out the red in the S more, which makes it stand out much more, I wasn't a huge fan of the darker gold behind the S.

reboot4copy.jpg

I think this would be a really good subtle modification to the costume. It has the brilliant royal alien look but also has a golden yellow and golden red hue around it within the S shield and belt area and it really really looks very similar to the MOS costume.

The thing is, that ASM suit is pretty ghastly. I'm not surprised they changed it for the follow-up, and it looks 100% better.

MOS suit was well-received in the final film, so I don't see any need for it to change. If the changes are small but noticeable (like how Thor's suit changes over the course of Thor, TA, and Thor 2), then why bother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"