BvS The Superman suit Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there is any explanation why the S looks dingy. Maybe that is one if the things they will tweak for the movie.
I also think there needs to be a definition of tweak given, they are t changing the suit a lot just in small ways, so what's with these ideas that they are going to make drastic changes.

i would like the suit to stay the same. Maybe not use the filtering thing.

Eh, why cant i set an avatar? Hmm, maybe i should post this in another forum.
You have +300 posts. You need to direct you to User CP and then Edit Avatar. Then you go to use a costume avatar select that option and browse an image that is not bigger that 30x30 (I don't remember the size) but it has to be exactly -30 or 30.

You have +300 posts. You need to direct you to User CP and then Edit Avatar. Then you go to use a costume avatar select that option and browse an image that is not bigger that 30x30 (I don't remember the size) but it has to be exactly -30 or 30.

It worked! It was the script thingy that had to run its course.

What about my spiffy avatar? Its so cool! :word:

A friend of Swamp Thing is a friend of mine. :up:

This is now the Swamp Thing thread, and I ain't even mad.

I think the trunks are a bit of a "wink" element, to be honest. What I always wanted to see, if they were going to include them in the costume, is this scene:

CRIMINAL/BYSTANDER/WHOEVER: What's with the underwear?

SUPERMAN: My mother made it for me.

Cheesy, silly, reverent. And that's it. They're just there. Because.

Sounds like it would fit right in All-Star Superman, so yeah, I'm good with that.

I like the costume we have. The only acceptable revision, for me, would come if the current one was destroyed and Ma Kent made a replacement. Otherwise, this suit is something that Superman has inherited, and I cannot imagine why he would try to alter it.

Yeah. Aside from a few "behind the scenes" type tweaks like some mildly adjusted colours, I wouldn't change anything on the suit--which is significant coming from a pretty dedicated "trunks" man (God, that sounded wrong).

They solved a lot more problems than they created with this costume. It's a fine piece of work, really. Compensated for the trunks and as a bonus solved the sweater-sleeves problem, too. Hell, if they changed something that's just another chance for something to go wrong, so I say keep it the way it is.

The only thing I don't get about the suit is the "stirrup" things on the legs. I assume they're there to draw attention away from his crotch.

The only thing I don't get about the suit is the "stirrup" things on the legs. I assume they're there to draw attention away from his crotch.

...And it failed miserably.

The suit from the abdomen down is dreadful.

Can't stand it.

Makes me want to scream.

Personally I thought the MOS costume was nigh-on perfect and doesn't need any changes. Superman doesn't really wear his costume primarily for armour purposes (like Batman, arguably) so it doesn't make sense that he would be continually tweaking or upgrading it.
Huh? He could change it for comfort or fashion. He could also change it if the original is damaged or otherwise unavailable. He could remove the cape if he ever feels the need to drop the regal whimsy for something more authoritarian that won't be a liability in a fight.

Good question, so i went away and thought about it. What if the s section is made of a different material? Maybe it is more sensitive to dirt?

Thats my explanation...:cwink:

eh i dunno... not really a good reason for them to do this, must be something else...

The two changes I want - brighter, cleaner colours and thickening up that yellow band around his waist touch. And I'm good.

I think this is the first time I've seen anyone complain about the abs on the suit. I even remember a bunch of people here claiming for a while that those were 100% Henry's abs, which was kinda funny. I do agree that the look fake in some stills, but on film, they looked great.

Most of the complaints I've seen from diehard purists were about the trunks being gone, and about the belt design.
A lot of people have complained about the abs on the suit. Here as well as on IMDB and the site that shall not be named. But they ended up looking much better on film than in the set photos where it looked truly horrible. But even so, some people seem to have a problem with it.

tumblr_myww3lChJI1rwjvh4o1_500.jpg

I hope something as this refering to the colors of the suit

Heck, if the Kryptonian line design and gauntlets can be a different color as well...silverish lighter blue?..and have a wider yellow belt line, then you got yourself a winner.

i like it too... kinda wish the belt thingie would stick out more, though

Hello to everyone. Just a quick hello being the usual first time poster and long time lurker/Superman nut who's finally decided to take a leap of faith and join in the Hype fun lol. Pleasure to meet everybody on here and I believe the suit's look colour wise as posted above would look fantastic on screen rather than the filter used in Man of Steel. Especially in contrast to Affleck's Batman :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"