BvS The Superman suit Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that want changes to the suit, could you give an example of how you would fit that into a story?

Ok so I'm not the only one who didn't like the ASM suit. I personally find it ugly and the sequel suit as well.

I have always like the idea of the Fleischer suit and I saw someone else post a similar picture somewhere else. I thought I would throw something together because nobody is really posting pictures

FleischerManofSteel.jpg

looks similar to Kingdom Come's Superman if you add white side burns and age him

zzma.jpg

Reposting my ideas of a slightly altered super suit.
The idea story wise is to have the outfit reflect Superman's mourning of all the losses during the battle of Metropolis, something along the lines of the colors he wore after 9/11 or in Kingdom Come. The nod to the Fleisher shield is obvious as well.

Actually even though I really like the MoS suit I wouldn't be against a complete change of suit either. I wouldn't mind seing him ditch the Kryptonian uniform in favor of an outfit that would display his human heritage, help him gain people's trust, and something he could actually hide under civilian clothes.

I really wish they would give Henry back his neck in this popular manip. Lol

I love the suit. The only thing id change is the piping on the side of his upper legs. It would gone.

For those that want changes to the suit, could you give an example of how you would fit that into a story?

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

After the events of Man of Steel, Superman will be rehabbing his image.

He'll be wanting to be seen as something more, or other, than just an alien. Also, he'll be wanting to distance himself from the image of the kryptonians who just came to earth and caused the death of thousands.

So, he'll be wanting to change up his look to something more earthly, approachable, and heroic, while also remaining faithful to certain elements of his homeworld's signature skin suits (cape, family crest).

Last edited:
He will be rehabbing his image by taking the yellow out of the symbol and adding gold around the S ?

zzma.jpg

Reposting my ideas of a slightly altered super suit.
The idea story wise is to have the outfit reflect Superman's mourning of all the losses during the battle of Metropolis, something along the lines of the colors he wore after 9/11 or in Kingdom Come. The nod to the Fleisher shield is obvious as well.

Actually even though I really like the MoS suit I wouldn't be against a complete change of suit either. I wouldn't mind seing him ditch the Kryptonian uniform in favor of an outfit that would display his human heritage, help him gain people's trust, and something he could actually hide under civilian clothes.

This. The suit in MOS worked as far as the story goes.

However, the story going into MOS2 really calls for a change up, be it major or minor.

i would just remove the pattern on the HOPE Logo ''S''

He will be rehabbing his image by taking the yellow out of the symbol and adding gold around the S ?

I never said the change would be to that.

And as far as rehabbing his image, meant in terms of him and Zod leveling parts of Smallville and Metropolis, as well as the fact that he has just been exposed as an alien who has lived on earth for years.

Generally and initially, people wont be trusting of him.

And as seen by what he told Swanwick, He's looking to change that.

I really wish they would give Henry back his neck in this popular manip. Lol

Tilt you head down in front of a mirror, bring your shoulders up like you would do in a threatening context and you'll see that your neck tends to look shorter. As it does in this picture. ;)

Last edited:
Tilt you head down in front of a mirror, bring your shoulders up like you would do in a threatening context and you'll see that your neck tends to look shorter. As it does in this picture. ;)

Lol but he's in a normal relaxed stance... So he looks awkward.

I have always like the idea of the Fleischer suit and I saw someone else post a similar picture somewhere else. I thought I would throw something together because nobody is really posting pictures

FleischerManofSteel.jpg

I don't like it :csad: It's way too dark for this version of Superman.

The MOS suit was great.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

After the events of Man of Steel, Superman will be rehabbing his image.

He'll be wanting to be seen as something more, or other, than just an alien. Also, he'll be wanting to distance himself from the image of the kryptonians who just came to earth and caused the death of thousands.

So, he'll be wanting to change up his look to something more earthly, approachable, and heroic, while also remaining faithful to certain elements of his homeworld's signature skin suits (cape, family crest).

I respect your opinion, but that's not a very good reason to me. I feel like it would come off as him changing his suit just for the sake of changing it. He is kryptonian, there's no reason to ignore that. The whole world just saw him defeat the evil kryptonians, so his image is fine with the majority. I don't want to see him change his image just for the sake of WB selling new toys and clothing.

Ok so I'm not the only one who didn't like the ASM suit. I personally find it ugly and the sequel suit as well.

I loved the ASM suit. I wish they had improved upon that design for the sequel instead of ditching it entirely.

I don't think there is any need for him to change his suit for is image and be seen as more than an alien. Every time he flies and saves someone it screams "alien". His suit didn't resemble Zod or Faora's so I have no idea why anyone in the movies would associate Superman's suit with the Kryptonians. All he has to do is continue to help and save people and capitalize on the fact that he fought with the humans against his own people.

Glad I could help then ;)

Well besides all that I do like the shield like that. But temporarily though. It could be that he is morning those lives that were lost in Metropolis. I like the original too much to have it replaced permanently. He could have one of the ships change it for him.

I like to believe that he would help clean up that huge mess. With that, taking back the ship that he helped crash.

Brighten up the colors to give off a more positive and earthy look, especially after the events of MOS. Other than that, keep the actual suit.

Brighten up the colors to give off a more positive and earthy look, especially after the events of MOS. Other than that, keep the actual suit.

Personally, this is what I'd do too, as well as removing the Kryptonian detailing.

Or at least, redesigning them so they show through more like the the detailing on the Phantom suit, though slightly more faint.:

7798778_orig.jpg

Sorry, its the best example I could think of.

Makes no since to change the suit. If anything like others here have said, maybe some subtle changes to the colors as in brightening or changing shade of color slightly but no obvious straight up changes such as making the S shield black or etc. etc. The Suit looked perfect in my opinion and there is really no reason to change it either, this isn't the suit made by Momma Kent. its Kryptonion in this story, any changes wouldn't make much since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"