My Mom Made It For Me: The Superman Suit Thread

I'd love for him to be operating out of his homemade costume.

5194050-2656802341-Actio.jpg

515dxlAm3gL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

But with an updated Fleischer symbol, which is his or ma Kent's rendition of the symbol on his ship.

1*oCo3HtQ6FcBZE-fb_vlacw.png

It would only be in the first act of film up until he get it toasted by his first serious villain. Then he gets the idea that maybe the stuff he came home in is as tough as he is.

Last edited:
Ive grown to like the T-Shirt look recently but I feel like "proto" costumes are such a trope at this point. I wouldn't hate it but would just prefer him in THE suit from the beginning. Something bright and fabricy

I wouldn’t mind an Easter egg of the t-shirt. Like a Daily Planet cover showing him wearing it during his first year.

That’s a cool way to incorporate it.

I like the idea of him at first just throwing on a T-shirt, jeans, and work boots to do his Superman thing, but he soon discovers that isn't going to work.

So he has an idea. He goes back to smallville and tries the clothing that was in his ship.
He tests it with his heatvision, and then tries to rip it with his strength etc.

He discovers its almost as durable as he is.
It can only be burnt with his heat vision almost at full blast, and he really has to strain with his strength to rip it.

So he takes it with him to star labs.
a trusted friend there helps him design a suit from it. ( all in secret of course )

I'm seriously indifferent to the whole trunks-or-no-trunks thing. Like, there are more important Superman characteristics to focus on than just a piece of clothing. :funny:

...no armor, no padding, no 'piping' either.

Just make it clean and simple.

I would be fine with losing the trunks if someone could come up with a replacement for it that doesn't look terrible. Most of the trunkless designs is "red belt with a yellow buckle" or something like that. In the Injustice games the Regime Superman wears a red diaper, basically. The people who want to get rid of the red underwear can't replace it with something better, seemingly.

The Fleischer suit but with a black belt is the ideal suit to me. At least for the "homemade" version that Martha makes him. And I liked Morrison's version of him getting the actual Kryptonian garb from Brainiac's collection, which starts off plain white, then takes on the colors/crest based on the genes of the wearer:

SupesN52Suit.jpg

The Fleischer suit but with a black belt is the ideal suit to me. At least for the "homemade" version that Martha makes him. And I liked Morrison's version of him getting the actual Kryptonian garb from Brainiac's collection, which starts off plain white, then takes on the colors/crest based on the genes of the wearer:

View attachment 62004
This would be apt for Gunn to have a bare ash Clark moment. Thank you FC. :o

I think it would be neat for clark to have a superman moment as clark.
Example. Clark is out in sv running some errands.
A small girl gets too close to a bull in an enclosure, and it rushes at her.
Clark hears the commotion and spots it with his supervision.
No one is around so he doesn't bother changing. .
We next see clark holding the bull up over his head with one hand, and the little girl in his other. She is just fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"