The Wolverine The Svetlana Khodchenkova / Viper Thread

Too bad Svetlana Khodchenkova is playing some lame random snake lady scientist instead of the actual badass Viper. :(

HA8XtXH.jpg

It's pretty terrible that they felt the need to screw Viper over just to squeeze her into a crappy FOX film. Why couldn't they have used the REAL Viper in Captain America? I don't get it.

Instead Wolverine gets a half-baked clone. LAME.

Well, she is a major character in some of the comics the film is based on and has a strong connection to Wolverine (they were married at one point), so it makes sense for her to be included. The changes to character, however, may prove to unnecessary.

Feasibly, she could be one of those characters with shared rights (like Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver), maybe MS could use her in a film but call the character Madame Hydra?

Aye, and sometimes you can tell the same about a cast member's hair color.

Jessica Biel probably wouldn't have complained about dying her hair. So there's a plus in her favor.

It's pretty terrible that they felt the need to screw Viper over just to squeeze her into a crappy FOX film. Why couldn't they have used the REAL Viper in Captain America? I don't get it.

Instead Wolverine gets a half-baked clone. LAME.

Too bad Svetlana Khodchenkova is playing some lame random snake lady scientist instead of the actual badass Viper. :(

All this to get a rise out of Psy and it didn't work. Embarrassing.

Svetlana Knodchenkova looks fierce! :woot:

tumblr_mkc31vl8b31qdhps7o2_250.gif

I'm so intrigued by this scene the most over anything else...well, not really, but sorta LOL...I can't wait to see it on the big screen.

All this to get a rise out of Psy and it didn't work. Embarrassing.

Considering s/he started posting immediately after I did, and continued to post every time I did, not really. I thought I was supposed to be on ignore!

I saw some complaints about the tongue, but I think it conveys a sense of danger surrounding this character instead of swords and claws like the other character art.

From a comic purist POV, I can understand the complaints. I'm just judging the character art for what it is.

They are probably mixing this Viper with the other Viper from the comics.

Viper (Serpent Squad)
Recently, a new Viper has appeared along with Sin's new Serpent Squad in the pages of Captain America. His true identity has yet to be revealed. He breaks Crossbones out of jail and later attacked the White House, but he was stopped by the new Captain America.

Powers and abilities
Physically, Viper was a good hand-to-hand combatant, quite agile, and possessed the normal strength of a man his age, weight, and height who engaged in intensive regular exercise. Mentally, Viper's intellect was calculating and without mercy; besides advertising, Viper also had some skill in chemistry, allowing him to create his venom. He possessed no superhuman physical or mental abilities.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viper_(Marvel_Comics)

Hey, it's NotViper! They should have called her something else, though, like Snake Girl or Serpent Lass.

Because this is not the True Viper.

I like the art style of the poster tho. I'm sure the character in the movie will be cool in her own way, but hopefully the real version will pop up in a Captain America film someday.

They are probably mixing this Viper with the other Viper from the comics.

That's not the bio for the female Viper...look under Madame Hydra....which is the alias she goes under now...but I see what you're saying...

Last edited:
This is how I feel...yes, I think Viper could stand well on her own against Logan and anyone else being a human, femme fatale; I think it's a credit to how dangerous a normal person can be...but if there are creative liberties taken, if it's well written and presented well, I'm fine.

Maybe this will garner an Ultimate version of the character.

Viper looks evil, not sure whether she is a mutant or not though. Although I have no problem with a new take on a character. Reading about her it says she is immune to various kinds of poisons so they definitely gave her some form of superpower.

That's not the bio for the female Viper...look under Madame Hydra....which is the alias she goes under now...but I see what you're saying...

Of course I know that's not bio page of Madame Hydra but the other versions of Viper.

And seeing the new trailer, I wonder if Viper will turn into a big snake.

Her line "His flesh is weak now", is my favorite line of the trailer

screenshot20130526at644.png

I can't wait to see that scene with Viper. It looks like she will turn into a snake!

screenshot20130526at644.png

I can't wait to see that scene with Viper. It looks like she will turn into a snake!

Lmao, she could, but I sure hope not, god. A giant snake along with a Giant mech samuri? Oyi.

Well, If this was an R rated flick, and she doesn't turn into a giant snake, it'd be super hot seeing her shed her entire skin heh.

There could be some kind of mysterious element about her though, I could see her turning into something and skulking around in the shadows, I feel like after wolvie takes down the Huge Samuri armor, he will stumble upon this shed skin. from the look on Logans face, he seems confused and weirded out. Then the viper could strike from the shadows, or in another scene more near the end of the film or so.

Last edited:
Lmao, she could, but I sure hope not, god. A giant snake along with a Giant mech samuri? Oyi.

Well, If this was an R rated flick, and she doesn't turn into a giant snake, it'd be super hot seeing her shed her entire skin heh.

There could be some kind of mysterious element about her though, I could see her turning into something and skulking around in the shadows, I feel like after wolvie takes down the Huge Samuri armor, he will stumble upon this shed skin. from the look on Logans face, he seems confused and weirded out. Then the viper could strike from the shadows, or in another scene more near the end of the film or so.

Yeah, I have no problem with what I have seen of mech Silver Samurai, but I hope Viper doesn't look like an ugly sci-fi cg creature in "snake" form.

Viper could be the Medusa of this series. But if she ends up turning into a snake woman. I hope her physical appearance is similar to the Medusa of Clash of the Titans.

Viper could be the Medusa of this series. But if she ends up turning into a snake woman. I hope her physical appearance is similar to the Medusa of Clash of the Titans.

I hope not, that's too much. I would prefer she has reptilian skin that is tough and claws with poisoned tips (since she likes to experiment with poisons). Also fangs with poison could be possible. But please keep the snake hair out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"