The Talon

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek:

He's my favorite author ever, wrote the Harry Dresden books, and he just retweeted me again!

I think I'm going to die.. the only thing better would be to actually see tom in the flesh one of these days.

*iz dazed*

But probably won't happen again, unless he decides to follow me back.

Awesome.

I LOVE Jim Butcher's writing almost as much as I love Tom.

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/09/1...for-superman-says-dc-entertainment-president/

EXCLUSIVE: 'We Don't Have Any Current Plans For Superman,' Says DC Entertainment President

Posted 4 hrs ago by Rick Marshall in DC Comics, Hot Stuff, News Superman Returns

On Friday, I spoke with the new head of DC Entertainment, Diane Nelson, who offered up some thoughts on how the recent changes in and around Warner Brothers will affect Superman, Batman and the rest of DC's stable of characters in comics, movies and various other media.

However, one particular portion of the interview seemed to merit its own post. While discussing some of the specific projects on the horizon for DC ("Ryan Reynolds can be anything he wants to be," said Nelson of the "Green Lantern" star's ability to play both Hal Jordan and the Marvel character Deadpool in upcoming films), the conversation eventually turned to one of the company's most iconic characters: Superman.

"We actually don't have any current plans for Superman," said Nelson when asked if the new environment (and the recent legal decision regarding the character) made a "Superman" movie more or less likely in the near future.

We recently ranked Superman as one of the most important properties for WB to prioritize in their new, movie-friendly arrangement regarding DC, so it was interesting to hear that the company currently has no plans for the Man of Steel.

Nelson then reiterated her stance on the lack of action on the Superman front, while acknowledging the character's importance in the DC universe.

"We've obviously done a lot of great things behind the property in our history, and it's a key part of the family, but we don't have current plans behind Superman," she said.

With rumored "Superman" director James McTeigue recently offering his own take on what he'd do with the Man of Steel if given the chance, Nelson's comments certainly call into question how far along any plans might be—and whether we'll believe a man can fly again any time soon.

Keep it locked to Splash Page for more Superman movie news as it develops.

Well first got to say this is my first post in this thread lol. I been talking about that with folks over on the Supes board. Yes it is depressing news to hear. But since we know they have to do something by 2011(what ever qualifies for the court to be in production that is). I doubt they would let things slip. Plus we got 14months to 2011. So yea she might be saying no plans right now, and probably nothing is moving right now to a few months from now once everyone gets into the grove of their new jobs/positions. So whos to say some point next year something could be moving. Will it hopefully, we have no clue.

Or wb/dc could wait on things and hope things swing into their favor. Maybe they want to settle the whole copyright deal with the families before they would want to continue working on superman. So hopefully they will be able to make a deal wb/dc and the families can all agree one. Wb/dc to keep superman fully where he belongs, and the families getting a bit more of the superman pie. All we can do is wait and hope for things to go well. Even though we all hate this darn waiting game we have to play.

One idea is that NOW there is no plans, but they WANT there to be plans and there WILL be plans later. One news article stated that Q1 2010 is when we're hear what's going to happen and probably a slate from DCE, so time will tell.

Like what we feel when we see the Superman logo: have hope, guys!
:supes:

nothing really earth shattering there. I've been telling you guys for 3+ years now, that Singer effectively destroyed the Superman film franchise in one fell swoop, and all of the alleged people with "inside information" over yonder were pulling things out of their collective butts and giving people false hope.

If you want to see Superman any time in the near future, tune into the CW on Fridays starting next week. Otherwise break out your DVD player.

nothing really earth shattering there. I've been telling you guys for 3+ years now, that Singer effectively destroyed the Superman film franchise in one fell swoop, and all of the alleged people with "inside information" over yonder were pulling things out of their collective butts and giving people false hope.

If you want to see Superman any time in the near future, tune into the CW on Fridays starting next week. Otherwise break out your DVD player.

It really saddens me that Singer destroyed what could have been a fantastic movie franchise. There is enough Superman history that it could support an awesome, action packed series of movies...but no, we got the Donnerverse with Kryptonite continent carrying. :cmad:

Yea if singer's film was a better story, with super villains and fights and other things fans who didnt like his film wanted it might have done better. Its to bad singer thought what was best was to do a pretty much tribute to donner's superman(which is out of touch) with today's generation and wb green lit it. Now as i was saying before yes she said no "current" plans are happening. Does it mean no one is writing a script and showing it to wb right now who knows. Probably yes no one officially is working on something. That doesnt mean someone couldnt be doing something and once they are done show it to wb. Or they could be waiting on things to they find writers they want and a director signed on board before they give us any offical plans.

We know they dont want to loose superman. Which could be a possible thing come 2013. Then we know if they dont have something they officially can lose the film rights on the character if nothing is being worked on by 2011. So hopefully all the court drama can get settled and then movement can go on and not have any legal intanglements causing issues.

yea i saw it a few days ago and then folks on supes board were talking about it. Man what a crazy look.

Man.

Tonight's Supernatural was AWESOME!

Loved the opening montage in Act One and ADORED the closing scene of Act Five and everything in between.

COMPLETELY AWESOME!

Brilliant from start to end... Kripke is at the top of his game and that ep made me wish there was more time in the day so I could write reviews of that show.

Oh, well...

totally agree trip that was another good episode from supernatural crew. Plus the shocker with satan at the end boy oh boy. Also next week looks good too.

totally agree trip that was another good episode from supernatural crew. Plus the shocker with satan at the end boy oh boy. Also next week looks good too.

Yep, it was an outstanding episode.

:up:

This season looks better than ever.

Random post of the day - When Ryan McDonell first appeared in Metallo this year, for a split second I thought he was Matt Dallas...

McDonell:

Ryan-McDonell-115607-645.jpg
6159.jpg

Dallas:

matt_dallas_kyle_xy.jpg
MattDallas.jpg
matt-dallas-tap-project.jpg

yeah, they look similar. Matt Dallas was in a show called Kyle XY. He had no belly button!

Hey watching new SGU episode right now and is that cosmic boy's actor playing the character using ELI's body?

Since this is for random discussion.....anyone here ever do any fanediting? I've reworked a few movies, but I have a hankering to do some of the Smallville episodes into a movie. I'm watching season 6 right now....and I think I'll take scenes from 4 to 5 episodes and make a GREEN ARROW movie. Has anyone here ever tried anything like that?

It might not come out....but it's fun to work on.

not i but i would check youtube u might find some things to give you ideas.

Hey guys ksite is reporting a cool auction going on currently that is selling some interesting smallville related items.

Since this is for random discussion.....anyone here ever do any fanediting? I've reworked a few movies, but I have a hankering to do some of the Smallville episodes into a movie. I'm watching season 6 right now....and I think I'll take scenes from 4 to 5 episodes and make a GREEN ARROW movie. Has anyone here ever tried anything like that?

It might not come out....but it's fun to work on.

I did a bunch of trailers when Superman was in development hell, well, the development hell before this one. They were really fun to do, but took a lot of time. Can't imagine doing a whole movie or even a TV episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"