The Taylor Kitsch/Gambit Thread (Take 2-shhh!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FNL IS ON TONIGHT.

It's the ep when THIS shows up:

2eusvv9.jpg

And Taylor is just adorable in every scene, TBH.

yay! I can't wait to see it. :D

So when they deleted the other Gambit thread, that got rid of all my posts I see :(

Darn :( I really wanted an icon picture!
Stick around, we'll catch you right back up quick. :D

I'm so tempted to watch FNL tonight if for just that one scene.
(Still wish it had been a Gambit comic, though.)

I tried to watch it once and didn't get into it. (It was the one
where Riggins and his friend go to NYC. Riggins has a hot voice.) With most shows I'm best if I start from the first episode.

I'm so tempted to watch FNL tonight if for just that one scene.
(Still wish it had been a Gambit comic, though.)

I tried to watch it once and didn't get into it. (It was the one
where Riggins and his friend go to NYC. Riggins has a hot voice.) With most shows I'm best if I start from the first episode.
You really do need to start from the beginning. You can watch for free legally here:

http://tv.yahoo.com/friday-night-lig...w/38958/videos

or on the official site. Just scroll all the way to the right on the list of eps.

http://www.nbc.com/Friday_Night_Lights/video/episodes/

So when they deleted the other Gambit thread, that got rid of all my posts I see :(

Darn :( I really wanted an icon picture!
Yeah, since I entered, I mainly posted in that forum. So almost all of my posts are gone, :csad:
Damn.... Now I have to start all over again! :huh:

I still lost 1,500. Top that. :(

You still got your avvie... I never got to that! I WANT AN AVVIE!! :oldrazz:

FNL is best watched from the beginning. You can really appreciate the characters then. Coming in half way is alright but not if you want to really get into it.

Hmm... I haven't really that much to talk about right now, actually...

OMG I have like 60 posts now, I used to have about 340 :waa:

OMG I have like 60 posts now, I used to have about 340 :waa:
Wow, you still have your avvy even with less than 300 posts. At least that's good news. :D

why did they delete the Gambit thread? Too many movie spoilers?

Just posting to check my post count.

Edit: Thats not too bad.

Probably... I can understand them deleting it though. Too many people spoiling and too many people not wanting to read it.

EDIT: Hi Cane. Don't see you around much anymore on the Gambit Guild. We miss you. :)

yeah, it was a bit of a shock I must say. :p And I was so happy that I made 50, 000 yesterday. Guess I'll get to celebrate that milestone twice...

2ue03ua.jpg
My favorite pic! It's my wallpaper now. THAT'S Gambit, ladies and gents.
Wow, you still have your avvy even with less than 300 posts. At least that's good news. :D
Hey yeah! At leats they were nice enough to let me keep my avvy :yay:

Can anyone tell me how to post pics? I'd like to make a contribution to the re-building of this thread. Thanks.

Just want to say I'm happy about the NO SPOILER rules. Glad to see the Taylor thread getting back to srs business...

I know!, to see a thread full of this:
lalala

was getting annoying :o

Can anyone tell me how to post pics? I'd like to make a contribution to the re-building of this thread. Thanks.
I use Photobucket, you can get a free account from them. Use the

So, I need to do an small little bit of info on Taylor's new movie just cause it all died with the last thread.

Taylor in The Bang Bang Club.

Based on: Greg Marinovich and Joao Silva wrote the memoir, The Bang Bang Club: Snapshots from a Hidden War, on which The Bang Bang Club will be based, with South African documentarian Steven Silver writing and directing.

Movie info: The Bang Bang Club was the name given to four young photographers; Greg
Marinovich (Ryan Phillippe), Kevin Carter (Taylor Kitsch), Ken Oosterbroek and
Joao Silva, whose photographs captured the final bloody days of white rule in
South Africa. Two were awarded Pulitzer Prizes for their acclaimed work. The
film tells the remarkable and sometimes harrowing story of these young men -
and the extraordinary extremes they went to in order to capture their
pictures. Robin (Malin Akerman) is their photo-editor, who looked out for
them, protected them and made sure their photographs were seen across the
world. Based on the book by Marinovich and Silva, The Bang Bang Club tells the
true story of these four young men, recounting their relationships with each
other and the stresses, tensions and moral dilemmas of working in situations
of extreme violence, pain and suffering. It is also the story of the final
demise of apartheid and the birth of a new South Africa.

Filming begins in April 2009 and wraps May 3rd, 2009.

Taylor lost 14 - 16 kg for the role.

He's having his hair dyed brown and is also learning how imitate the South African accent.

Role: Kevin Carter. South African photojournalist who won a Pulitzer Prize for capturing the shocking photograph of a starving Sudanese toddler with a vulture standing behind her. 2 months after receiving the Pulitzer, he killed himself in his car by carbon monoxide poisoning. Carter was a man of tumultuous emotions which brought passion to his work but also drove him to extremes of elation and depression and drug use.

On his character:
However, each chap outilnes, the true test of an actor isn't necessarily becoming their character incarnate, but conveying their essence.

Easier said than done though, when the person you're portraying can't be called upon to offer a few pointers. That is the predicament of Kitsch, who plays Kevin Carter, and Rautenbach, who plays Oosterbrock.

Legs outstretched while seated, Kitsch's listless demeanor seems a far cry from Carter's frenetic, highky strung personality.
"I just feel really excited to play him...when I talk about him I get quite emotional" - the actor states, in a dry tone that, ironically, doesn't so much communicate enthusiasm as it does ennui.

In all fairness, however, being on a strict diet to lose weight for the role - 16kg in six weeks had undoubtedly contributed to Kitsch's low energy levels.

And if you look closely enough, his eyes glint akin to Carter's which leaves you with a sense that Kitsch will indeed do the dead photographer justice.

Pictures:

2i8dauf.jpg

2gxofw1.jpg

x1woiw.jpg

2j66c20.jpg

2ljjqc7.jpg

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXqzfJWY08w

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back