The Taylor Kitsch/Gambit Thread (Take 2-shhh!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
gambit27.jpg

So, I need to do an small little bit of info on Taylor's new movie just cause it all died with the last thread.

Taylor in The Bang Bang Club.

Based on: Greg Marinovich and Joao Silva wrote the memoir, The Bang Bang Club: Snapshots from a Hidden War, on which The Bang Bang Club will be based, with South African documentarian Steven Silver writing and directing.

Movie info: The Bang Bang Club was the name given to four young photographers; Greg
Marinovich (Ryan Phillippe), Kevin Carter (Taylor Kitsch), Ken Oosterbroek and
Joao Silva, whose photographs captured the final bloody days of white rule in
South Africa. Two were awarded Pulitzer Prizes for their acclaimed work. The
film tells the remarkable and sometimes harrowing story of these young men -
and the extraordinary extremes they went to in order to capture their
pictures. Robin (Malin Akerman) is their photo-editor, who looked out for
them, protected them and made sure their photographs were seen across the
world. Based on the book by Marinovich and Silva, The Bang Bang Club tells the
true story of these four young men, recounting their relationships with each
other and the stresses, tensions and moral dilemmas of working in situations
of extreme violence, pain and suffering. It is also the story of the final
demise of apartheid and the birth of a new South Africa.

Filming begins in April 2009 and wraps May 3rd, 2009.

Taylor lost 14 - 16 kg for the role.

He's having his hair dyed brown and is also learning how imitate the South African accent.

Role: Kevin Carter. South African photojournalist who won a Pulitzer Prize for capturing the shocking photograph of a starving Sudanese toddler with a vulture standing behind her. 2 months after receiving the Pulitzer, he killed himself in his car by carbon monoxide poisoning. Carter was a man of tumultuous emotions which brought passion to his work but also drove him to extremes of elation and depression and drug use.

On his character:

Pictures:

2i8dauf.jpg

2gxofw1.jpg

x1woiw.jpg

2j66c20.jpg

2ljjqc7.jpg

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXqzfJWY08w
Thanks bunches. :D

Without giving any details away, I thought his character was the least developed in the film. I also thought his relationships with other characters and the bonds he formed were unusually quick and artificial.

Since every character has development in a film, and I'm not giving away a single detail or plot point, I think this post passes the rules. This pales in comparison to others listing their "underused characters" lists or saying a character basically had an extended cameo.

Last edited:
No details, please. reviews are limited to if ya liked it or not, not why.

No details, please. reviews are limited to if ya liked it or not, not why.
I liked it :woot: I just have 2 or 3 nitpicks, but I guess I'll have swallow them for the next 27 days.

Taylor gets a mention in Jesse Plemons' VF interview.

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/cu...s-jesse-plemons-has-home-field-advantage.html
How are the accents? Well, Taylor [Kitsch] is the only Texan I know with a slight Canadian accent.

Haaa. :oldrazz:

These boys love to give each other ****.

See here:

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dw0tynJcI9c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dw0tynJcI9c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

Hey! I was thinking of the Thieves and Assasins Guilds the other day. How would you guys prefer to have them adapted into the movieverse (if at all)?
For me, I like the fact that they are so supernatural and old-fashioned but know that they'd probably change that for the movie. :(

Hey! I was thinking of the Thieves and Assasins Guilds the other day. How would you guys prefer to have them adapted into the movieverse (if at all)?
For me, I like the fact that they are so supernatural and old-fashioned but know that they'd probably change that for the movie. :(
I could see the Guilds go in easily, as thieves and assassins, but not with the supernatural stuff. it isn't neccessary to maintain the feel of the Guilds themselves.

He lost 14 to 16 kilos for that role? Damn.... there went all the muscle... :(

I could see the Guilds go in easily, as thieves and assassins, but not with the supernatural stuff. it isn't neccessary to maintain the feel of the Guilds themselves.
No tithe collector? No Candra? No healing Mattie and voodoo? You're no fun :(.

Well, I really don't like the supernatural factor, I think they should keep that out if it ever gets adapted on screen and just keep them as two criminal organizations fighting constantly. :up:

@ katie: I think that would be a little too much. It's too supernatural as squeek said. Let's keep it at least a bit real.

@ venus: All that. I read something where Taylor said all muscle went away. Look at the first picture You posted before. He looks so thin there. Or maybe that's just my imagination...

Nice wallpaper... :) Still hate Rogue (in the comics) though.

Daaamn. Taylor needs to get gardening.

WIZARD: I spoke with Taylor Kitsch recently, and he said to ask you, "If you've been gardening lately."

JACKMAN: [Laughs] Yeah, that's very funny. He used to make fun of me because at one point I was getting pretty vascular and veiny and he was, like, "You've got ****in garden snakes in your arms, man! You've been ****ing gardening! A couple of snakes jumped up into your arms!" And if I came on set and I wasn't pumped up, he'd go, "You better go get gardening, dude."

WIZARD: And when we asked your director Gavin Hood for a question, he wanted us to ask you, "Do you wear underwear in the adamantium tank?"

JACKMAN: I think I did have flesh-colored speedo-type underwear, and then, funnily enough, I had to do a scene with Kayla where she had a top off and that was not in the script. and we were like, "Oh, this is the nude film all of a sudden."

WIZARD: Between this question and Taylor's, what the hell kind of set was this, Hugh?

JACKMAN: [Laughs] Yeah, man! You'll see on May 1!
:hehe:

What's really sad is that this thread used to have more posts than the Deadpool thread. Now it's not even close. :( I liked it when Gambit was the most popular one. :p

What's really sad is that this thread used to have more posts than the Deadpool thread. Now it's not even close. :( I liked it when Gambit was the most popular one. :p
Me too, i was proud of it :csad:

Well, it still is. 4 pages of posts in one day or so. If you and me and all the others keep posting, it will be the most popular one again. So, we go post like crazy :oldrazz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"