The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
funny thing... I was just watching TDK again and paused during Judge Surillo's scene where she finds a joker card in her files during court. If you pause on the file she flips revealing the card, it says Gotham city is in the sate of Gotham. I always thought Gotham was (more or less) in New Jersey.

Interesting. I always thought it was in New York.

I always thought that this was Anne, though it could be Marion. As for what's going on in the clip, I don't have the foggiest :huh:

Maybe it is Marion as Miranda Tate, "eager to help a still-grieving Bruce Wayne continue his father's philanthropic endeavors". Maybe in that scene she's trying to get him to take an invested interest in St Swithins: Home for boys, which is really a secret base for Bane and the LOS.

It's supposed to be in New Jersey, although the name Gotham City, was really derived from an old name referring to New York City.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gotham_City
The majority of appearances place Gotham on the Northeastern coast of the United States, where New York City is located. However, the Atlas of the DC Universe states that Gotham is located in New Jersey, across the Delaware Bay from Metropolis.

Between the Aliens-like design of the Batwing, and now the news of filming on the Los Angeles River (where the famous Terminator 2 chase takes place), I'm beginning to wonder if TDKR will pay homage heavily to James Cameron...

"THIS, THIS IS OUR GOTHAM"

Or Jim Gordon dressed as an Avatar, in "totally new" 3D, that will forever change teh world of moviez.

Yes, I hate Avatar with a passion.

I always assumed the Nolan movie Gotham was in the Upper South of the country, since Alfred says one of the Wayne ancestors used the caves to smuggle freed slaves to the North.

It's supposed to be in New Jersey, although the name Gotham City, was really derived from an old name referring to New York City.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gotham_City

Funny story, during the Harvey Dent rallies in 2008 for TDK viral campaign, this old guy came up to the workers, real confused, saying: "Take Back Gotham? Why you guys down here in Virginia? You should be up in NY! Who is this Harvey Dent I'm supposed to vote for?" :hehe:

Funny story, during the Harvey Dent rallies in 2008 for TDK viral campaign, this old guy came up to the workers, real confused, saying: "Take Back Gotham? Why you guys down here in Virginia? You should be up in NY! Who is this Harvey Dent I'm supposed to vote for?" :hehe:

That's how you know the virals were very well done.

I think she's sweet looking but she has a certain darkness in her eyes, don't you agree?

She has that darkness/complexity in her eyes that makes her great for villaineous or tortured characters. Or were you just talking about literal dark like from lack of sleep? :oldrazz:

Maybe it is Marion as Miranda Tate, "eager to help a still-grieving Bruce Wayne continue his father's philanthropic endeavors". Maybe in that scene she's trying to get him to take an invested interest in St Swithins: Home for boys, which is really a secret base for Bane and the LOS.

Possible. I'm convinced that the orphanage is a base for something - either Bane's operation or some GCPD undercover operation. Or maybe they're hiding something/someone important there.

I still can't figure out though why Bruce was knocking at his own manor's door. Unless the door is doubling for something else. :hehe:

After seeing both Anne and Marion shoot their respective scenes and what we know so far, has anyone's opinion changed on what's going on and who Bale was with in the Wayne Manor scene?

I'm still seeing Anne...all the twitter chatter from the time that was filmed by the natives there near Wollaton was Anne Hathaway was there. Nothing about Marion...although we have to figure Cotillard and Hardy have had to film scenes together (outside the museum ball and the Gotham City Hall, anyway, I mean as outright villains by themselves--like the hospital scene with The Joker and Two-Face) and we have nothing concrete as where those were filmed or if Cotillard and Neeson filmed together at all in June. Or if it is yet to happen or even planned at all. So there are gaps in the knowledge right there.

Last edited:
I still can't figure out though why Bruce was knocking at his own manor's door. Unless the door is doubling for something else. :hehe:

Or he forgot his keys lol

"ALFREDDDDDddddd!"

Or he forgot his keys lol

"ALFREDDDDDddddd!"

:hehe:

Who enters at the front door anyway? Don't people usually enter through the garage now? :oldrazz:

I'm still seeing Anne...all the twitter chatter from the time that was filmed by the natives there near Wollaton was Anne Hathaway was there. Nothing about Marion...although we have to figure Cotillard and Hardy have had to film scenes together (outside the museum ball and the Gotham City Hall, anyway, I mean as outright villains by themselves--like the hospital scene with The Joker and Two-Face) and we have nothing concrete as where those were filmed or if Cotillard and Neeson filmed together at all in June. Or if it is yet to happen or even planned at all. So there are gaps in the knowledge right there.

It depends I guess on when they plan to reveal the Miranda twist. If they plan to reveal it until the end then it's possible that there will be no shared Tate/Bane scenes (outside of the party scene with everyone) until the city hall scene where she reveals herself to be working with him. Unless they do flashbacks?

"THIS, THIS IS OUR GOTHAM"

Or Jim Gordon dressed as an Avatar, in "totally new" 3D, that will forever change teh world of moviez.

Yes, I hate Avatar with a passion.

Such a shame since it's a great and absolutely beautiful movie. IMHO. :awesome:

Hey guys did the Hype change for anyone else ?

I liked how in TDK Bruce was doing field work during the daytime. I was hoping to see more of this in TDKR but it seems that this time around Miranda was "helping out" the GCPD and aliensarchive posted in the LA thread that there will be a Fox/Tate scene where they're investigating something. I wonder if this time around, it will be Miranda and Fox that will be doing the daytime field work that we saw Bruce do in TDK? Maybe because Bruce was gone during that time? Either because he's in prison or his back was broken.

Last edited:
She has that darkness/complexity in her eyes that makes her great for villaineous or tortured characters. Or were you just talking about literal dark like from lack of sleep? :oldrazz:

Possible. I'm convinced that the orphanage is a base for something - either Bane's operation or some GCPD undercover operation. Or maybe they're hiding something/someone important there.

Haha, no I wasn't talking about her lack of sleep. :woot:

Just look at this pic:

2mc62xs.jpg

Sweet of course, but still...

After seeing both Anne and Marion shoot their respective scenes and what we know so far, has anyone's opinion changed on what's going on and who Bale was with in the Wayne Manor scene?

i think its Marion. i spend 4 minutes on google looking at the forehead from Anne and marion. i think its Marion.

I still say Bruce is "playing" dumb for Selina being locked out of newly remodeled house?

The height is the only thing making me think it's Anne (since Anne is taller than Marion and the woman appears to be close to Bale's height with her heels) but the silhouette now looks more like Marion. I have no idea. :hehe:

It also looks like an early morning scene. I think that's a newspaper that Bruce is holding/just picked up.

The more interesting question to me would be is why is Bruce locked out of wayne manor and Where is Alfred? Golfing? Doubtful. Kidnapped? Perhaps.

Alfred is out searching for things the size of a tangerine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"