The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an awesome pic, and I'm still thinking there could be a new Batmobile - we haven't seen ANY action from the Black Tumbler at all, right?

That's an awesome pic, and I'm still thinking there could be a new Batmobile - we haven't seen ANY action from the Black Tumbler at all, right?

Nope. Which doesn't make sense since it's also in Pittsburgh. Unless they will shoot it this week.

Nope. Which doesn't make sense since it's also in Pittsburgh. Unless they will shoot it this week.

I still think it might have been painted, there was a half-black half-camo one photographed at the airport.

i think this new pic is proof that the batwing is not transformed from the tumbler. the batwing is to big. you could say that its perspective. but thats even a bigger reason why the batwing is to big. perspective would make the batwing smaller since its more away from the camera then the tumbler. so no perspective . its to big.

Yep, I'd ignore perspective anyway as that's taken through a telephoto lens so it should be negligable. BUT I still think it tranforms into something as narrow as a tumbler by closing those gullwings, I might try and make something new for the vehicle thread.

Okay, if we don't see it this week, then we have to assume there's going to be a new vehicle. But then again, why would Nolan bring the Black Tumbler to Pittsburgh only to not use it?

I still think it might have been painted, there was a half-black half-camo one photographed at the airport.

That's what I'm thinking as well.

If we don't see the Black Tumbler this week then either Batman is getting a new land vehicle or he will just use the Batpod. Which is odd as well because we haven't seen him use the Batpod yet. I guess we'll see what happens this week. I somehow doubt that they're filming anything in the LA or NY streets.

If we don't see the Black Tumbler this week then either Batman is getting a new land vehicle or he will just use the Batpod. Which is odd as well because we haven't seen him use the Batpod yet. I guess we'll see what happens this week. I somehow doubt that they're filming anything in the LA or NY streets.

I think they could have used the Hangars for a lot of that and possibly could do some of that stuff in L.A. as well.

We do have another week, we'll see what happens.

or the shots of them moving the black tumbler & batpod were a ruse to have us looking at them while they snuck in the Batwing past us into position?

The Batwing looks awkward. Dunno - probably need to see this finished product. It looks the part, Nolanverse in all, kinda like The Tumbler with no wheels.

I guess this is his answer to not having his own Tumbler, a stolen Batpod and two Tumblers.

OK.

So I thought that the Batwing might transform from the tumbler.

I must now admit that this seems unlikely.

Hm. I never thought of that. That's a very good possibility.

So we might not even be getting a Batmobile in this film.

Bear in mind that we are only half way through filming, however.

I would imagine that if Catwoman is using the batpod then so is batman.

Why has nobody suggested that far from stealing it, batman gave it to her?

Cú Chulainn;21208335 said:
Bear in mind that we are only half way through filming, however.

I would imagine that if Catwoman is using the batpod then so is batman.

Why has nobody suggested that far from stealing it, batman gave it to her?

I think it a suggested possibility was that she took it after subaru said

Batman gets stabbed by Miranda at Gotham City Hall and she chases Miranda in the camo Tumbler and whoever else in pursuit

Am I remembering things correctly? :huh:

Last edited:
Okay, if we don't see it this week, then we have to assume there's going to be a new vehicle. But then again, why would Nolan bring the Black Tumbler to Pittsburgh only to not use it?
Nolan may have had an extra black Tumbler from the previous films, and they shipped it black, and then painted it camo for Bane......

Edit: Sorry, I didn't see that it was already mentioned. My bad...

I think it a suggested possibility was that she took it after subaru said

Batman gets stabbed by Miranda at Gotham City Hall and she chases Miranda in the camo Tumbler and whoever else in pursuit

Am I remembering things correctly? :huh:

He just heard that though, right? And the whole Lucious Fox thing is just hearsay as well?

I'm trying to get the car chase chronology right in my head. There are pictures of the police looking up into the air cheering (when the prisoners are sedated)...

Is the batwing chase totally different to the riot scene? I thought I saw catwoman chasing the bomb truck in the pics? Or is it batwing chase, riot, stabby stabby, batpod?

Nolan may have had an extra black Tumbler from the previous films, and they shipped it black, and then painted it camo for Bane......

Edit: Sorry, I didn't see that it was already mentioned. My bad...

Yup, makes total sense and I bet that's true.

So, like others have mentioned, he either doesn't have a Batmobile or he does indeed upgrade and we won't see it for a while.......

Yup, makes total sense and I bet that's true.

So, like others have mentioned, he either doesn't have a Batmobile or he does indeed upgrade and we won't see it for a while.......

I'm cool with that. But - at least I think - the way Nolan works, we'll get the same Tumbler as before.

I know perfectly well you didn't mean an upgrade to some fantastic-styled-Burton/Schumacher-Batmobile. But, still, Nolan will stick to the regular one. IMO.

I wanted to see what people thought of my speculation.
Following the events of TDK everyone is looking for Batman and trying to find his true identity. Bruce realizes that there are true threats to his identity out there (Mr. Reese) and decides that he is going to try to control the conversation and deflect suspicion from himself by going public with the idea that Batman stole secret plans about the Tumbler from Wayne Tech. In order to rectify this massive oversight, Bruce and Wayne Tech announce that they are going to produce and donate three tumblers to the GPD to help find Batman and protect Gotham.

This could be where Miranda Tate enters the picture. Bruce hires her as a project manager of sorts for this Tumbler rollout. She is helping Bruce with philanthropy for the city(producing and delivering Tumblers to capture a masked vigilante) which falls in line with her character description. This could then branch off into a million different lines of speculation...is Miranda really Talia and just gives the tumblers to Bane to help take over the city, does Bane take the Tumblers by force, does Miranda work with Bane, is she a hostage, does she have Stockholm Syndrome? Etc. Etc.

I am not operating off the assumptions that most have on this board (that Miranda is definately Talia and stabs someone), but I think this setup could work even if she does turn out to be Talia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"