The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - Part 123 (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice Miranda and Blake pic lovely kvz posted :hrt:

1eZBk.jpg

Last edited:
I perfer Cineplex's AVX theaters over imax and that is what im seeing the opening in <3.

Facebook!!!!!!! Where the helll are these advanced screening winners!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I'm over 3D. Avatar was the only thing I've seen that was remotely worth it. Between 3D and IMAX, IMAX is far and away more immersive when filmed a la TDK, Ghost Protocol, and TDKR.

I'm over 3D. Avatar was the only thing I've seen that was remotely worth it. Between 3D and IMAX, IMAX is far and away more immersive when filmed a la TDK, Ghost Protocol, and TDKR.
AVATAR is the only movie I've ever seen that was enhanced by 3D(well,except for a theatrical viewing of the 1953 HOUSE OF WAX).

I saw Avatar in 2D. My friend convinced me I needed to see it in 3D and even offered to pay for my ticket. I refused...I didn't want to sit through that movie again. He raved though, and told me flat out I wasted money seeing it in 2D.

I saw Avatar in 2D. My friend convinced me I needed to see it in 3D and even offered to pay for my ticket. I refused...I didn't want to sit through that movie again. He raved though, and told me flat out I wasted money seeing it in 2D.

But but... you kant dizz Cameran.

Avatur was sometin' new and cool as... :csad:

Avatar was the only thing I saw in 3D that didn't give me a headache, I even thought after watching it that 3D could actually be a good thing. How stupid I was :o

The only movie I looked forward to seeing in 3D was Jackass 3. :oldrazz:

Yeah to this day AVATAR is the greatest utilization of 3D Ive ever seen and probably will be the best until AVATAR 2. Don't care for the rest, although I did here Hugo was the best thing since. I thought Prometheus 3D wasn't nearly as good as people said it was.

I don't mind 3D, as long as it's done nicely. I thought the 3D in Amazing Spider-Man was fine, despite a couple of cheap shots (shooting webbing towards the camera). It depends how it's done and if it works well with the film or not.

Avatar, as far as I'm concerned, was a huge crock of **** that was style over substance every step of the way. But the 3D was ok

Oh sweet, we now have a non-spoiler thread.

Avatar was the only thing I saw in 3D that didn't give me a headache, I even thought after watching it that 3D could actually be a good thing. How stupid I was :o

I think Avatar was good in 3D and it spawned all of the unfortunate trends that followed. I agree with what everyone has said. I think 3-D has a place and a purpose, it is just unfortunately now in the hands of suits who care only about the boosted ticket prices. :(

So I'm the only one who didn't like Avatar :csad:

I hope we'll see some nice shots of Gotham in the snow. :yay::yay:

I liked it, but there's no denying that the story was a pretty big cliche. Not Camerons best at all.

And it seems like TDKR is A Tale of Two Cities in Gotham.

With a little bit of Shawshank Redemption perhaps. But you see, I don't mind borrowing as long as the idea isn't 100% rehashed and has some original twists, which it seems like this will have. AVATAR pretty much copied the formula 100%, and also it's characters were all stereotypes.

I try to stay mum on a few things, as to not offend people with my rather "strong" opinions, but when the subject of Avatar is brought up I can't help myself.

When I left the theater I told my girlfriend and the other couple with us that I enjoyed it. I thought the visuals were stunning...even in 2D, but something was eating away at me. I didn't want to say it in front of them, so I just chewed on it for a bit.

I thought Avatar was intellectually insulting. I could not (and still cannot) understand for the life of me why people profess their love of this movie. It's very unoriginal and sickening in its sense of self-importance. I couldn't even take hearing James Cameron talk in interviews about the movie.

Sorry...I really am if I offended anyone. I actually get worked up by this. :yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"