The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - Part 125 (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but he shouldn't even review, just like he shouldn't be reviewing Marvel films. The guy has planted the flag on how he likes his comic book movies. He goes into everyone of them with bias...and that doesn't work for me...

Not true. He hates Thor. He hates Amazing Spider-Man even more.

So basically the general consensus for TDKR is that its ******* amazing?

Figs said:
"Reading the reviews for TDKR. Hyperbole rises!"
He's in no position to talk, considering his gushingly hyperbolic review of The Avengers.

So the WSJ guy flipped in favor this time? That's good to see. So basically Lemire and Morgenster switched places from their TDK reviews.

Dark comic books have always been around, but with a difference; as pictures and words on paper, they've allowed readers to choose their own degree of involvement. "The Dark Knight Rises" allows no choice; it's immersive and assaultive to a degree that could only have been achieved by the conjunction of a quintessentially somber comic and a filmmaker with a complementary sensibility, marshaling the vast technical and financial resources of an entertainment conglomerate. During the Great Depression, moviegoers flocked to escapist films with glittering dancers, happy endings and upbeat songs like "Happy Days Are Here Again." For whatever this movie may say about today's world, it rises to a different occasion and dances to a different tune. Happy days are done and gone.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303754904577530792153262270.html

JOE MORGENSTERN gave it positive, he gave TDK a negative review

We have a FLIP!

Thus negating the AP flip

he is also a top critic

review has spoilers

Devin Faraci ‏@devincf
Last TDKR tweet tonight: I was more negative right after seeing it. Mellowed out since. "Mostly harmless" is a good summation of my stance.

eyeroll-gif.gif

He's in no position to talk, considering his gushingly hyperbolic review of The Avengers.

:up: THIS!

Bah, Empire gave it 5!

Thats enough for me! :p

Yup, WSJ review is positive.

He calls it a "Spectacularly black beauty."

The "we are getting negative reviews faster" observation is pretty much useless, considering TDK wasn't under heavy embargo and we got some of these positive reviews weeks before. Of course we are getting negative reviews faster, it's a week out, most critics have seen it, they are all coming out of the gate now.

Man this Christy Lemire review is everywhere...although that's a good thing, I see a bad review, click on it, think (oh my another one) and realise it's one and the same in different publications.

Ah, the legendary Devin. :hehe:

Guess not all people can see through the "marvel vs dc" nonsense. Overpraising one film and blindly hating another is just... wrong. :csad:

:cwink:

So the WSJ guy flipped in favor this time? That's good to see. So basically Lemire and Morgenster switched places from their TDK reviews.

Yep. Lemire gave a negative review but Morgenstern gave it a positive. More flip-flopping to come perhaps.

Devin's having an interesting discussion Twitter behind the decision for Beuce to immediately quit after the end of Knight.

Interesting discussion, I say.

The "we are getting negative reviews faster" observation is pretty much useless, considering TDK wasn't under heavy embargo and we got some of these positive reviews weeks before. Of course we are getting negative reviews faster, it's a week out, most critics have seen it, they are all coming out of the gate now.

exactly!

Yeah, I remember the embargo for TDK was nowhere near the levels of TDKR's. A ton of positive reviews were released a week prior. Negative reviews followed shortly after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"