The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - Part 125 (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah no one believes Devin is going to give this a negative review, at the very least I expect a 7.5, but he seems to "like" it well enough. No matter how much he bad mouths the film, the concept and it's fans, remember that TDK got an 8.5. So either way it will most likely end in another red tomato. So people should just stop falling into his attention seeking flamebait, if you've been here long enough you should know the deal with him by now.

Indeed. I liked your description of him before. Sums him and his fanboys up very well. Of course, the outrage over his reviews is even more annoying.

So, Devin changed his mind?

Not so much. He and Kris are just trying to understand Nolan's decision to have Wayne quit after only being Batman for one year in this trilogy.

To them, it diminishes the legend status that was the point of Bruce doing this job in the first place....

Yeah, probably 7 or 7.5 from Devin. Shrug, move on down the highway as far as I'm concerned.

Let the conspiracy talk begin.

"WB is suppressing the negative reviews on RT!"

Not so much. He and Kris are just trying to understand Nolan's decision to have Wayne quit after only being Batman for one year in this trilogy.

To them, it diminishes the legend status that was the point of Bruce doing this job in the first place....

Sounds a lot like the discussions going around here on whether Bruce was active or not during those 8 years and why this or that makes sense. I was Team Active. :funny:

Once Lemire posts her negative review, I'd be kind of afraid to read the all the sexist and misogynistic comments that are to follow it.

MSN gave it a positive 4/5 review. "The Dark Knight Rises only rarely starts to tremor under the weight of its own portent, and is not without its own sly humor. Well done." He's a Top Critic.

Screen%20Shot%202012-07-16%20at%202.42.14%20PM.png

Don't read reviews people. Witness the glory of TDKR with your own eyes on friday.

Bah, Empire gave it 5!

Thats enough for me! :p

Not that I don't want them to be right and all, but Empire tend to over-award big mainstream blockbusters. (eg. Attack of the Clones - 5 Stars; Transformers 2 - 3 Stars; Lady in the Water - 3 stars)

I need more than just their recommendation myself (not that I'm not super-excited and seeing it anyway!). I'm holding out for Kermode's review. That's normally the litmus test for me (although he was mixed about TDK)

RT's rating just went from 96% to 97%

Probably just added Joe Morgenstern's review.

Ah Devin, reigning champion of self important d-bag critics.

Critic I tend to agree with the most is James Berardinelli.

I like Ebert but his personal feelings tend to affect his reviews to much lately.

Once Lemire posts her negative review, I'd be kind of afraid to read the all the sexist and misogynistic comments that are to follow it.

I'm always a little embarrassed by fans who attack negative reviewers, male or female.

Sounds a lot like the discussions going around here on whether Bruce was active or not during those 8 years and why this or that makes sense. I was Team Active. :funny:

It is. Honestly, it is a curious decision yet at the same time, if Bruce sees Gordon as a true friend and confidant in this war on crime, why would he allow Gordon to waste man power on hunting him, instead of using this sacrifice to really kill crime?

Ah Devin, reigning champion of self important d-bag critics.

Word. But I did change my mind somewhat about him after Inception. He was a huge champion of that movie - and dropped the whole d-bag image to engage in some serious discussion about it.

But, looks like we're back to business as usual with TDKR. :whatever:

Not that I don't want them to be right and all, but Empire tend to over-award big mainstream blockbusters. (eg. Attack of the Clones - 5 Stars; Transformers 2 - 3 Stars; Lady in the Water - 3 stars)

I need more than just their recommendation myself (not that I'm not super-excited and seeing it anyway!). I'm holding out for Kermode's review. That's normally the litmus test for me (although he was mixed about TDK)

Is he reviewing it before Friday?

I'm seeing TDKR at 9am so if it's later than that...well it will be useless to me! Haha.

Word. But I did change my mind somewhat about him after Inception. He was a huge champion of that movie - and dropped the whole d-bag image to engage in some serious discussion about it.

But, looks like we're back to business as usual with TDKR. :whatever:

My thoughts exactly. Only makes him more of a troll in my eyes.

Is he reviewing it before Friday?

I'm seeing TDKR at 9am so if it's later than that...well it will be useless to me! Haha.

No, it'll be reviewed on the Friday show 2-4. He doesn't do reviews before the official release date (which caused some awkwardness recently when Ice Age 4 turned up in the top 10 the week before it was officially released!).

No Mayo this week though, which is a shame.

I'm looking forward to Richard Roeper's review as well.

I think the new Critics TV Spots were a missed opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"