The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - Part 125 (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Ledger's Joker as much as the next guy... but I am getting so sick and tired of every damn movie and ever villain being compared to TDK and Ledgers Joker.

I dont understand how a professional critic can knock the film just because it doesnt have the joker. Its an invalid complaint. He doesnt fit the story nor is he necessary oh and there is the problem of Heath Ledger no longer being with us. They fuss when directors include unneeded characters then fuss when they dont do it.

Furthermore you cant even compare Bane to the Joker. Two entirely different methods and people. The fail with some of these "critics" astounds me.

Yeah, that concern was brought up too by someone who saw the movie (can't remember if it was Film_Freak or Name-that-movie) regarding a certain character.

Oh, don't remind me :waa:

I don't think they were making fun of his death. They were making fun (in very poor taste) that people are under the perception that he was somehow relevant or present in Batman Begins.

I'm not going to fault anyone for having a bad review. I'm not going to fault anyone for not liking aspects of the film that everyone else did. It's preference, taste, and opinion. I do have a problem that Christie Lemire and Marshall Fine have presented facts (or opinions as facts) that are so overwhelmingly against the consensus as to seem trollish (or they more simply and innocently didn't get it).

We all need to collectively take a step back and take a breath. Having a two-hour meeting and a break from all this just now has been great. I suggest a lot of you do the same. Have dinner, walk the dog, take a shower, have sex or *********e...do SOMETHING to get a little levity again. Maybe then we can get back to constructive conversation.

This ''Bane is not Joker, blah blah blah'' critcism is predictable... sad, but predictable... Ledger's J was so iconic and brilliant that this comparision would happen, in fact, it surprises that we are only hearing about it right before the movie opens...
Thankfully Hardy is being also elogiated, because he definitely deserves - even not being a 'Joker clone' as some people want...

I love Ledger's Joker as much as the next guy... but I am getting so sick and tired of every damn movie and ever villain being compared to TDK and Ledgers Joker.

Gotta remember it's not only about Heath. The Joker, overall, is pretty much the best villain of all time and the perfect mirror to Batman. Characters like the Green Goblin are pale imitations.

But, yeah, some critics are just idiots about this whole thing.

Let me guess...from what I've read, there are more reviews that are giving TDKR a negative review because of the lack of Joker?

theShape, did you like Miranda's role a lot or not? There are reviews not even mentioning her role that much and some reviews saying stuff like it's underdeveloped - the love interest angle is underdeveloped.

To be fair to Fine, I just recently saw his "Get over it" article pertaining to TDK's Oscar snub, and, after seeing the movie plenty of times grew into the same viewpoint that he presented. I'm no so sure he's trolling, but I am sure he is well aware of his complaints and perhaps, distastefully, throws them into peoples faces.

I've had my quarrels with highly rated films (as I said, TDK) but I am always sure when reviewing in our publication to keep me out of it. If you have problems, present them. The man does a whole lot of whining in and throws around knee-jerk responses that come off as someone ranting in a forum post rather than a review.

I've been given the opportunity by a friend recently by being put on the guest list for the showing in Buffalo, NY this Wednesday. The problem is... I'm in Michigan. I'm still trying to debate over who to take/if I should even go to snag an early review of the film. I wasn't that excited, but, really, guest list... c'mon, how do you turn that down?!

If I do choose to take her up on it, I'd really, really love to see how my opinions compare to Fine's. And, be sure that when I review it (I'm part of a local publication, I don't go on RT), good or bad, it's going to be fair. I respect the man's viewpoint of the film, but danged if he isn't biting and resentful that he is against popular opinion.

P.S. Do we really, REALLY have to drag Avengers vs. TDKR into this? And this is coming from someone who has only ever seen one movie four times in theaters, which just so happens to be The Avengers.

This isn't a who's better contest, this is a wait and see game of "Is the film awesome or not?" to send hype levels soaring.

Last edited:
The live stream started playing the score from BB.

TDKR will be Certified Fresh after 11+ more Fresh reviews.

Movies with a "Tomatometer" of 70% or better and at least 40 reviews from Tomatometer Critics (including 5 Top Critics) receive the "Certified Fresh" seal.

2ZbdA.jpg

Qu2kU.jpg

0NQXB.jpg

I'm going to close out the chat on the live stream just in case anyone decides to troll and post spoilers.

Even though Spidey kinda slacked behind... It is an amazing summer for comic films. 2 possibly 90% of better, one in the 70's...and a ton of freaking money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"