The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - Part 125 (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been at work all day, so the critical buzz for TDKR isn't looking nearly as positive as that for TDK is it?

I'm surprised at how much the Ledger thing is actually being a bother!
It's not just Ledger, it's The Joker in general. He's just a fan favorite. Most Batman movies aren't rated as high as the ones with The Joker in them.

Some good music playing on that live stream...
Hell yea it does
I love HP7 but it definitely didnt deserve a 96%

I'm surprised at how much the Ledger thing is actually being a bother!

HP7 deserved a 96 as long as people reviewed it for what it was... which happens very seldom, and just happened to work here.

Yea, It is a bit extreme

It's really too soon to tell. We only have 31 reviews on RT.

Snider deserved it. such a *****e bag.

This Ledger thing is a load of crap. Can't believe some of these critics are rating it down just cause they miss The Joker. Get over it, seriously.

Haha Bane's right hand man. :D

Is this Bane's henchman?

Edit - Ah yes it is.

Travesty makes a good point though - Joker is a fan-favorite, he's a favorite in general.

Garrrryyyyy is in the house!

xWMlc.jpg

Wow, it seems everyone is here including Gary Oldman!

Waiting for an appropriate response

Josh seems like a nice guy.

As a fan of the trilogy I can see how one would want all three to have consistently good Tomato-meter ratings but seriously guys. Does that percentage even really matter as long as WE get the movie WE want. Half these reviews KEEP BRINGING UP HEATH LEDGER anyway which is ridiculous. Judge the movie as its own standalone thing and for crying out loud Joker may have been mentioned or even appeared briefly in TDKR if he hadn't tragically DIED!!! He's dead. Let the character die too and stop comparing Bane to Joker. It's like comparing a mountain full of dynamite to an ingenious laughing, scurrying rat. The characters are tremendously different and therefore one does not have to "live up" to the other. If anything the combined power of Selina and Bane being onscreen should match if not overpower the Joker's presence in my mind. This is my two cents to the reviewers doing this. And guy on here, stop worrying about the Tomato-meter! This film will deliver to those of us who have waited with baited breath for it. For critics who see three movies a day and don't fully understand the whole Knightfall/No Man's Land/DK Returns connections and overall comic book fan dream movie that this is, they won't get it so much. And thats okay people!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"