The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - Part 131 (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question for me since I'm obsessed with awards season.

Guaranteed at least six technicals: Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Cinematography, Visual Effects, Art Direction, Editing.

Definitely a good shot at a Best Picture nomination. I don't see how it doesn't get the nomination considering how the Academy changed the system to accommodate this type of film, and it's absolutely worthy. This is their chance, I believe they'll deliver.

Directing/Writing, don't see it happening. Not because it doesn't deserve it, but because the Academy is the Academy and they have specific tastes.

Acting nominations, don't see any either, despite some terrific performances.

Is this the summer of polarizing films or what? :funny:

Prometheus
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Dark Knight Rises

I don't recall ever seeing fanbases so divided in such a short span of time.

Is this the summer of polarizing films or what? :funny:

Prometheus
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Dark Knight Rises

I don't recall ever seeing fanbases so divided in such a short span of time.

Divided implies half. We're talking about maybe 10% being mixed on TDKR, while the other 90% loved it.

TDKR is not as polarizing. Most seem to love the hell out of it, just like any film there are some that don't care for it as much. This is no where near the TASM/Prometheus type of polarization.

Why is everyone focusing so much on the negative reviews? We always knew they were coming.

TDKR is not as polarizing. Most seem to love the hell out of it, just like any film there are some that don't care for it as much. This is no where near the TASM/Prometheus type of polarization.
Exactly. I think people are overreacting to the negative reviews (which are far outweighed by the positive) and putting too much stock into it.

Leaving in 30 minutes for a bit, so if any more questions, that's how much time you got :)

TLH, which of the actors had the best performance?

Someone posted this on another forum

I just got back from a screening of it. I absolutely loved it. It brings the Bruce Wayne nicely to a close, in some spectacular set pieces and emotional storytelling

Theres a couple of cool appearances from the past, and Anne Hathaway plays her part brilliantly.

With Bane, I thought in some parts his dialogue seemed jarringly loud compared to everyone else in the scene. Definitely was audible for the most part though. And the portrayal completely erases any bitter taste from the Batman & Robin Bane.

I don't really want to say too much more - it really is a film to experience for yourself.

Off to see it again on Friday morning...

Leaving in 30 minutes for a bit, so if any more questions, that's how much time you got :)

Does Batman in daylight work well? And how many big set pieces are given away in the trailers, any big action scenes NOT shown in the trailers?

Also does it end the same as the previous two? As in cut to black "THE DARK KNIGHT RISES" with the same music in the background?

Does Batman in daylight work well? And how many big set pieces are given away in the trailers?

Also does it end the same as the previous two? As in cut to black "THE DARK KNIGHT RISES" with the same music in the background?

Batman in daylight works really well. I enjoyed it. At least 3 set pieces are in the trailer, but the movie has many more, and it feels like one long set piece to be honest.

It ends in typical Nolan style :)

It didn't have the flow of TDK, and I think that kept it from being as good, but it was still great.

Very nice. I hope we don't get anymore of those "his voice sucks" comments.

The voice has more range in TDKR, he definitely found different registers in his voice, but if you didn't like it before, TDKR won't do anything to change your mind. If you were fine with it before, same thing here.

TLH, how long does the Battle for Gotham last?

I have no idea if answer this is a spoiler, I'm sorry. Maybe you should move your questions to the spoiler thread.

It wasn't short. I don't know how to answer without risking banishment. Ugh.

The voice has more range in TDKR, he definitely found different registers in his voice, but if you didn't like it before, TDKR won't do anything to change your mind. If you were fine with it before, same thing here.

It was too loud and didn't fit in with the rest of the scene at times, i.e. being way too audible in loud moments.

I have no idea if answer this is a spoiler, I'm sorry. Maybe you should move your questions to the spoiler thread.

It wasn't short. I don't know how to answer without risking banishment. Ugh.

I'm just asking if it lasts 20, 30 or 35 mins? Not a spoiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"