The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - Part 135

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see Bane punch joker and joker just laugh though hahah

Considering he survived the punch... I doubt even Jokers s&m pain threshold would be enough to have him laughing it off. :hoboj:

I wanted to ask a question about Wayne losing all of his money - and this isn't me being critical, rather I just want to understand;

-what are people's theories on how Bruce manages to move on financially? I mean I assume he wants to live ethically and won't live off of Kyle's stolen goods ;)
-assuming Robin Blake becomes Batman, how does he fund things like more weapons, repairs to vehicles, new suits, etc?
-is it safe to assume that Fox becomes Chairman of the board of Wayne Enterprises after the movie ends or am I off on that one?

The only way you can incorporate Joker is if Bane kills him. Seriously. Bane couldn't let an agent of chaos go running free. Everything he did was supposed to be methodical and controlled.

You can get a Scarecrow to play ball, but not the Joker.

Agreed here. Joker would have loved Bane's martial law, but not anything else. If anything, the two would have been mortal enemies making Batman's job easier.

On the other hand, Joker and Selina could have had some cool moments - he could have easily manipulated her and vice-versa.

Crane...Bane... and Wayne.

Crane, this is Bane, Bane meet Wayne, Wayne, how do you do Crane so on and so forth :old razz: Sounds like a bad 3 Stooges episode lol

Oh okay, thanks for clearing it up.

No, problem.

Now my question: So were Bane and Miranda (you know) just going to become martyrs, because I don't think they ever plan to reattach the sphere to the reactor?

The only way you can incorporate Joker is if Bane kills him. Seriously. Bane couldn't let an agent of chaos go running free. Everything he did was supposed to be methodical and controlled.

You can get a Scarecrow to play ball, but not the Joker.

Yeah, Scarecrow was a team player. Plus, the reason I think he was in Blackgate is because they didn't deem him insane as he seemed to just be after money though he was clearly off his rocker lol.

I definitely could see Joker coming out of nowhere though and killing Bane rather than someone else and then saying that only he gets to kill the Bats.

Bane may have beaten the Joker hand-to-hand, but the Joker would have more than likely shot or blew him up from the beginning lol.

Considering he survived the punch... I doubt even Jokers s&m pain threshold would be enough to have him laughing it off. :hoboj:

I don't know he took like 3 punches from Batman and his reinforced gloves.

I wanted to ask a question about Wayne losing all of his money - and this isn't me being critical, rather I just want to understand;

-what are people's theories on how Bruce manages to move on financially? I mean I assume he wants to live ethically and won't live off of Kyle's stolen goods ;)
-assuming Robin Blake becomes Batman, how does he fund things like more weapons, repairs to vehicles, new suits, etc?
-is it safe to assume that Fox becomes Chairman of the board of Wayne Enterprises after the movie ends or am I off on that one?

Cory is of the opinion Bruce has hidden money. Heh.

I don't know how he gets by. Certainly didn't look like he was doing poorly in Venice, did it?

As for Blake, that's one of the biggest selling points on a sequel to me. (I know that is unpopular here) I'd love to see a Batman on a budget. A Batman that had to focus on detective work more than gadgets or pyrotechnics.

And I'd assume Lucius gets the company, yes.

Bruce already had survived after abandoning all his money and traveling the world in BB.

I'm assuming eventually Fox will prove fraud and get most of Wayne Enterprises money back. I'd also expect many of the board members to use whatever financial assets they have left to help build WE's image and help build Gotham back up.

And then I'd expect Fox and Blake to meet up at some point.

But the demolition of the Wayne Legacy, and finances, was one of the few letdowns for me.

I lol'd

*SPOILERS!*

[YT]NXXMd3CBpUQ&feature=share[/YT]
"And as the ground is dropping around him, Hines Ward gets in the end zone for the 6th. Touchdown! Hall of Fame!" :funny:

Well from my understanding or thinking....

1. Bruce probably had some money set aside somewhere, for rainy days. If not then he can take up a trade, the dude does have a pretty good skill set lol.

2. More money set aside. The only vehicle he probably has to worry about is the bat pod, and I'm sure he can get the schematics for that on the bat mainframe. I'm guessing it takes diesel fuel lol. As far as weapons he can probably make a lot on his own, once again from the database. Maybe Batman had time to retrieve some from the armory and put them in the cave or lucius an alfred came back and did so.

3. Either Fox becomes chairman or the company is broken up and bought out by other companies. Wayne Enterprises was going broke after all.

This incarnation of the Joker was like a demon that seems to appear and disappear abruptly in TDK, there only to screw everything up for everyone. To kill, steal, and destroy with no goals other than the act of doing it. That's why it works that he's not in the third movie. In a lot of ways the whole of Rises about the aftermath of the Joker.

[blackout]I'd love to know how WE explains away their last CEO. Or was there another cover-up so that nobody found out. More cover-ups and corruption, don't ever change, Gotham! :yay:[/blackout]

But the demolition of the Wayne Legacy, and finances, was one of the few letdowns for me.

Agreed.

I'm not even sure stripping him of his wealth was even necessary in the first place. I mean, Talia could've acquired the reactor by other means. *shrug*

I'd just stick to my theory and agree with Cory that Bruce has some offshore accounts not tied to his name. :p Maybe he and Selina will start a spy agency. :o

I liked Bruce being stripped of his money.

I would've liked to have seen more of it.

I think A) it was to back him into a corner where he had no choice but to put Talia in charge of his company, and B) just another part of Talia and Bane ****ing with him before going in for the kill.

[blackout]I'd love to know how WE explains away their last CEO. Or was there another cover-up so that nobody found out. More cover-ups and corruption, don't ever change, Gotham! :yay:[/blackout]

Their last CEO was Fox, I thought? How was he corrupt?

Tate and Daggett (sp?) were corrupt. Fox was not.

The whole stripping him of his wealth was too humiliate him, break him both in and out of the mask. Plus, it gave a nice way to put Talia in a position to control more things at WE.

Infiltration is what the LOS was all about.

So where Talia and Bane the only members left of the LOS? I didn't think Bane's henchmen were part of the league.

Okay, thanks folks for getting back.....and yeah I didn't like him losing all the money and WE being in trouble, it feels a bit like Bruce failed his dad in that regard.

I think though that Bruce burned a lot of the WE money for the clean energy project even before all of the Bane stock exchange stuff happened. Tate said something like he was working on it and when he realized 3 years ago that it could be dangerous, that's when he went into recluse mode.

This incarnation of the Joker was like a demon that seems to appear and disappear abruptly in TDK, there only to screw everything up for everyone. To kill, steal, and destroy with no goals other than the act of doing it. That's why it works that he's not in the third movie. In a lot of ways the whole of Rises about the aftermath of the Joker.
Pretty much how I feel about it... the Joker was very ethereal in nature with how he was able to do things and cause trouble, a "mad dog" as he puts it... and just a force of nature throughout the whole thing. But it's interesting how he somewhat personifies the root of the problem in this whole trilogy, and yet is only ever combated in the middle of the three part story, whereas in the first and third it's with a misguided faction.

Their last CEO was Fox, I thought? How was he corrupt?

Tate and Daggett (sp?) were corrupt. Fox was not.

[blackout]Miranda became CEO of Wayne Enterprises because Wayne lost his fortune and seat on the board and he had made Lucius CEO with his clout, the board instead turned to Miranda. Fox was still President or Chairman or something.[/blackout]

So where Talia and Bane the only members left of the LOS? I didn't think Bane's henchmen were part of the league.

It's hard to say. Bane's mercenaries had different looks to them (not ninjas) but they had the loyalty of the LOS. Bane says that he is the LOS, and I'm inclined to agree (along with Talia). His men are following a person who's plan is to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's destiny.

FUUKa.jpg

Yeah, that's how I understood it too.

I loved how he said, "you fight like that of a young man" or something.

My one qualm the more I think about it is how Batman went into the fight wildly and all over the place. I'm sure this was the Nolans' way of showing how Batman was trying to prove Lucious and even Selina (in some ways) wrong that he was top dog, was still in good shape, and could be Bane. However, I thought it was totally out of character of Batman, not necessarily Bruce Wayne, that he go into a fight the way he did all wild and crazy from what we have seen of Batman.

I would have rather he went into the fight like he normally does, calm and cool and then out of frustration start punching wildly and fighting like he forgot all his training because Bane is more experienced, superior, and most of all more determined to win.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"