The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - Part 136

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Man has no soul.

When I was 12, I could've sworn he was hilarious. But then I grew older, more mature... And I swear to God, I can't find someone I like less than him. I honestly can't stand him, and this made it worse.

When I was 12, I could've sworn he was hilarious. But then I grew older, more mature... And I swear to God, I can't find someone I like less than him. I honestly can't stand him, and this made it worse.

I always thought he was a *****e only times he's ever funny is when he's stealing somebodies act.

Last edited:
:hehe:

X949j.jpg

There's more here - http://www.jest.com/article/185011/dark-knight-rises-newspaper-headlines

I think people were told that he was a casualty of Bane's reign. The last he was seen was when he was hauled as a prisoner (when Catwoman brought him there so he can talk and free Fox) so I guess the impression was that he was sentenced by Scarecrow too.

This is what they had in the novel:

No official cause of death had been released regarding the last of the Wayne dynasty. The tabloids had indulged in scandalous speculation, but nobody really paid much attention. Too many people had died during Bane's reign of terror for even the death of Bruce Wayne to stand out.

dane cook never has been, and never will be funny, i've always disliked that kid, and dislike him even more now, he's a piece of ****, and has to use an attempt at humor to get his name out there in some way since his own "work" cant do that for him. he's talent-less trash, garbage

Well, Bane killed a lot of civillians in TDKR. I'm sure it isn't that hard to believe Bruce died during Bane's takeover.

WHY he had to have died, though...that's another story.

I was listening to Kevin Smith's podcast and it struck me that Bale never needed to use his Batman voice apart from the scenes where he was with Gordon and Miranda :woot: but still used it anyway. Practically everone knew it was Wayne!!!!

I've always been under the impression that once he puts the cowl on he is Batman, not Bruce Wayne. In TDK he uses the batman voice with Lucius in the room with the frequency emitter as well.

Also the scene in TDK where he shows fox the sonar, hes full on batman. I love that. I like that the voice usually cracks during a moment of vulnerability like the miranda reveal in tdkr and talking to rachel in the cave in BB.

That part of the film was awesome to me, he gets stabbed and says "Miranda?!?!" in his normal voice. Great moment of vulnerability.

:applaud:applaud

good post

Because Bruce doesn't want to live in Gotham anymore. He wants to move on, away from all the "pain and tragedy".

Where the heck is that in the movie?

Is it just me, or did anyone else notice the two blue stripes going down John Blake's back in the final shot? I'm pretty sure it was the harness he used to repel into the cave, but it kinda looked like the back of the Nightwing logo. I don't know, maybe I'm just grasping at straws, but I thought it was cool. :D

Where the heck is that in the movie?

Well, Alfred brought it up, and after the events of TDKR, maybe Bruce agrees? Bruce leaving Gotham isn't hard to understand. Especially if he wanted to live a life with Selina. She couldn't stay in Gotham, she wanted to start fresh.

That part of the film was awesome to me, he gets stabbed and says "Miranda?!?!" in his normal voice. Great moment of vulnerability.

:applaud:applaud

good post

I love that scene so much. Bruce totally cracked through Batman's mask and you feel his desperation. :csad:

Okay, I'm sure some of this has been touched on but I want to put my two bits worth in as a fan. Not a fanboy. Just a fan.

Me and a friend saw DKR today. Like I said, just a fan. Just me and him and the whole theater to ourselves and no distractions. I would like to comment on a few things I heard from critics of the film. Pro or not.

There are some Spoilers if you havent seen it.

Is the Avengers better? No. I would put them equal. DKR is much weightier while Avengers was more fun. Both had equal wow moments to me. They were just different. Nuff said.

People couldn't understand Bane. Had no problem what so ever and I'm older and my hearing isn't what it was in my 20's. But then I have no problem understanding accents. Anyway, perfectly clear. Had more problems with Oldman in some scenes.

Plot holes. Some but not as many as I've heard. Many things were explained if you just paid attention. Alfred in the cafe at the end. Explained in the beginning. And like the Avengers you had to see more than one film to catch up. How Bane knew Batman was Bruce, explained. Talia, explained. How to explain Batman and Wayne death? Blake becomes Batman. The Robin thing? I thought that was neat bone to throw at the fanboys. Just that and nothing more. How Bane knew all he did. Talia and that other guy feeding him entail. Really, if you paid attention almost everything was explained. Almost. I did have a problem with Bruce getting to and from Gotham.But hell, even the deal with people trying to escape the prison was explained in one line.

Bane too small or not as good a the Joker. Bull. He looked positively huge in many scenes and was beyond cold. We laughed we he told that guy to follow Gordon, handed him the phone, then shot him. That was badass. The fight scenes? Best of the three. His single mindedness and ability to carry out his will was awesome. And I didn't see Joker cracking cartilage with his bare hands. Bane wasn't as flamboyant as the Joker but so what. I doubt people would have had the problem if Bane came before Joker but oh well. Tom Hardy did an excellent job and should be commended.

Length. Though I didn't mind the time and it actually seemed to go by fairly quickly I do believe if you trimmed off about 20 minutes it would have been near perfect. Including the scene with Miranda Tate at the mansion after Wayne went broke. That was a wasted time that did nothing to propel the story. They could have cut with him coming home to the door locked with Alfred gone and it would have resounded more.

Overall. As a CBM fan I thought DKR was a more than fitting end to the triology. And that is exactly what it was. Nolan did what he did and I'm glad cause now the door is open for more and The Batman can continue in another form. I'm kinda hoping for an Arkham Asylum feel. And no, never played the game but I sure do like the look of it.

P.S. Yes I did get misty on a few scenes. Caine was superb.

Scene with Alfred. And all through the movie pictures of his parents and Dawes. All led up to it.

Right. Mind you, a lot of these people would be crying "Show don't tell!" if there had been a scene where Bruce explicitly states that he wants to move on from Gotham...considering it's a primary theme of the film. And they'd be right.

Scene with Alfred. And all through the movie pictures of his parents and Dawes. All led up to it.

The look on his face after Alfred tells him about his fantasy in the cafe, he already started to consider it. There's also Selina trying to convince him to go with her. He knew what he wanted, and he understood that for him to truly be happy, Bruce Wayne had to die, too.

I understand why some people would be uneasy with him faking his death, but he knew that if Bruce Wayne was "alive" and in Gotham, he couldn't be free to live his life, alone, in solitude with Selina.

After his time in the pit, he didn't wanna die anymore. He didn't want to be afraid to live, he didn't want to do this anymore. And, as I've said before, Nolan's trilogy consists of questions about Batman that either haven't or can't be answered. He answered the question of how Batman came to be in BB, and he answered the question how Batman would end in this one.

I had a question.

Why does Batman feel the need to do the over-the-top Bat-voice to Bane at the end? Bane knows he's Bruce....

Edit: [BLACKOUT]Miranda[/BLACKOUT] :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back