Days of Future Past The TEASER TRAILER Discussion Thread

I know they said that because of the 1960s setting they were able to incorporate more "comic booky" designs, but I think a lot of this stuff just looks good in general.

What do you do? Take a particular frame of that scene and go "ooh...he's using his telepathic ability and reading someone's mind!!!"

...um, no. He turned his head. :doh:
Look, what is your problem?
So he was turning his head, so what? Still you don't know the context of the whole scene, as much as I don't know. It was just some innocent speculation and you decided to jump on me like I was saying something completely absurd and stupid.
Xavier might or might not be reading someone's mind before or after that particular moment I was talking about. Unless you know something we don't know, you can't be absolutely sure he wasn't doing it as much as I can't be absolutely sure he was doing it. Reading someone's mind isn't a physical manifestation of powers and not that easy to "see" happening, unless we know the context of the whole scene and not just a few seconds.
Happy now? :o

The trailer spread like wildfire. I showed it to my friend, he said he watched the whole thing 50 times up to the point where he memorized JFK's speech lol. He LOVES it. I don't blame 'im.

I showed this to my friend who like x-men 2 and the dark knight and thats it, and he turned to me and said, "when did they decide to make good superhero movies?"

Also, we both loved the music used in the trailer. Its pretty awesome.

The trailer looks awesome! Can't wait to see this one.

I know they said that because of the 1960s setting they were able to incorporate more "comic booky" designs, but I think a lot of this stuff just looks good in general.

Agreed, at this moment in time I honestly have no complaints about this movie.

Jamon,

It kind of feels like some of the things that Singer wanted to do with X3/X4 got incorporated into this film. The Hellfire Club is the biggest one. Wasn't that and Emma Frost's character apart of Singer's treatment to X3?

ultimatefan,

I think it's clear, although they won't say it, that First Class is completely ignoring Wolverine and to some extent, the Last Stand.

But what about the issue from X1 where Jean and Scott where amongst Xavier's first students? In First Class they dont exist.

Oh I think this trailer looked sexy as bad place.

The music, that screencap of Angel with Charles and Erik on the bed (a fantastic, Mad Men-esque shot too), and emphasizing Charles and particularly Michael Fassbender's Erik. I'm gonna be tracking down his filmography this weekend because now I have to see what else he's done.

The trailer at least confirmed I'll be going to this opening weekend. Thumbs up, Fox.

Jamon,

It kind of feels like some of the things that Singer wanted to do with X3/X4 got incorporated into this film. The Hellfire Club is the biggest one. Wasn't that and Emma Frost's character apart of Singer's treatment to X3?

Thats true, Sigourney Weaver was going to be an older Emma and she was going to influence The Pheonix. I wonder if he has plans to use an older Emma again in a possible X4? That Magneto shot of him in costume in the same room as Emma could be him breaking her out.

But what about the issue from X1 where Jean and Scott where amongst Xavier's first students? In First Class they dont exist.

I doubt any of the mutants in this movie are students, they are not much younger than Xavier and Magneto, maybe they are just allies. Anyways, in X1, Xavier says "Scott, Jean and Storm were SOME of my first students....." He doesnt say they were THE first students.

Oh I think this trailer looked sexy as bad place.

The music, that screencap of Angel with Charles and Erik on the bed (a fantastic, Mad Men-esque shot too), and emphasizing Charles and particularly Michael Fassbender's Erik. I'm gonna be tracking down his filmography this weekend because now I have to see what else he's done.
The trailer at least confirmed I'll be going to this opening weekend. Thumbs up, Fox.

Just watch 300, Inglorious Basterds and Centurion. They are his most mainstream roles and he is superb in each of them.

I doubt any of the mutants in this movie are students, they are not much younger than Xavier and Magneto, maybe they are just allies. Anyways, in X1, Xavier says "Scott, Jean and Storm were SOME of my first students....." He doesnt say they were THE first students.

Well Fox have released the 'X' logo - Xavier's school for the gifted youngsters -First Class. So the school/institute is open in this film. So Scott and Jean can't be amongst the first students - unless this is a reboot! :cwink:

Well Fox have released the 'X' logo - Xavier's school for the gifted youngsters -First Class. So the school/institute is open in this film. So Scott and Jean can't be amongst the first students - unless this is a reboot! :cwink:

He may open it as a school at the end of movie, who knows, but Xavier is not much older than the students here, in fact Beast is the same age as them I believe.

Also, in X1, Xavier said the X-men in that were SOME of his first students. Not THE first.

I think a lack of rock music in any trailer automatically makes it better. Just saying.

He may open it as a school at the end of movie, who knows, but Xavier is not much older than the students here, in fact Beast is the same age as them I believe.

Also, in X1, Xavier said the X-men in that were SOME of his first students. Not THE first.

Well I've never ever said he said they were the first students. From Xavier's line in X1 I dont think anyone thought he would have opened a school and Jean and Scott to be some of his first students 15+ years later. That doesn't make sense.

^As I said, in FC, they may not be students, he may open the school at the end of the movie when Magneto leaves him.

^As I said, in FC, they may not be students, he may open the school at the end of the movie when Magneto leaves him.

The new logo indicates the school is operational at some point during the film. If not then why would Fox realease this logo. And even if the school is opened at the end of the film Scott and Jean can never be amongst/some of its first members, making Xavier's comment in X1 redundant...unless they're rebooting the whole franchise.

I think people are taking the "First Class" moniker to literally in this instance. If anything, what Vaughn and Singer seem to be saying is that this is the "beginning" of it all...this is how it started.

If anything, this trailer/film points to the group who we follow in this film can literally be called the "First Class" because it began with them, even if the school has not technically opened yet. They were the first. I mean, we have Charles and Erik fighting on the same side, wearing the same uniform in this film. They are the first...but as well know, they do at some point split. Thus, that leads to Xavier officially opening the school with "some" of his first students.

I think we are at least a film or two away before we finally see the early days of Scott, Jean, and Storm.

And remember, the climax of X-Men is really the first true mission of the X-Men. So, whatever early days of Scott, Jean, and Storm that we may get won't be that big cinematically because they weren't doing missions in their early days.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they just did this film as the true prequel of the X-Men movie universe and then go right back to the present day with Singer's X4 (or in a perfect world, Singer's version of X3).

Either way, I just don't think you can take the "First Class" label literally with this film.

Just thought of something.

This film is in direct contradiction to the opening of the Last Stand with Erik and Charles meeting Jean for the first time.

Any more evidence that they are ignoring the Last Stand?

The new logo indicates the school is operational at some point during the film. If not then why would Fox realease this logo. And even if the school is opened at the end of the film Scott and Jean can never be amongst/some of its first members, making Xavier's comment in X1 redundant...unless they're rebooting the whole franchise.

As I said, it may not open until the end of the movie, which may take place years later, Vaughn has already said the movie will cover a few different decades.

I think people are taking the "First Class" moniker to literally in this instance. If anything, what Vaughn and Singer seem to be saying is that this is the "beginning" of it all...this is how it started.

If anything, this trailer/film points to the group who we follow in this film can literally be called the "First Class" because it began with them, even if the school has not technically opened yet. They were the first. I mean, we have Charles and Erik fighting on the same side, wearing the same uniform in this film. They are the first...but as well know, they do at some point split. Thus, that leads to Xavier officially opening the school with "some" of his first students.

I think we are at least a film or two away before we finally see the early days of Scott, Jean, and Storm.

And remember, the climax of X-Men is really the first true mission of the X-Men. So, whatever early days of Scott, Jean, and Storm that we may get won't be that big cinematically because they weren't doing missions in their early days.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they just did this film as the true prequel of the X-Men movie universe and then go right back to the present day with Singer's X4 (or in a perfect world, Singer's version of X3).

Either way, I just don't think you can take the "First Class" label literally with this film.

Yeah, I dont think these students are "The First Class" so to speak, I think it is just saying this is the beginning of the saga.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"